PMC's Sci-fi Contest!

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: PMC's Sci-fi Contest!

Post by Prototype » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:47 pm

It is different, I have actually done quite a lot of work on the interior, and the proportions have been changed, and I'm going to do a hell of a lot to it.
Also Mack, you have my diamond, MrTargareyan, you have my diamond too.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Prototype wrote:Right, I've put in my entry:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/rsf-midas/

Nobody point out that it is just the Vivisector I have already made, it is based on it, but it is not, this one is slightly different.
Ditto, my entry is also slightly different in the fact that the bridge exists ;) The vivisector is really good, its my favourite ship of yours ^-^ My ship is here : http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... spaceship/

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:09 pm

WE WILL WIN THIS!

YEAH MAN,BROTHEEHOOD.

Now seriously,in the weekend i will see if i can help with anything. I can build somethings offline and i will pass to you guys put in the server,if you need of course.

Also,functionality and interiors are with me!
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 am

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enter this, it looks like a lot of fun and a good way for me to enter Planet Minecraft. I think what I'll do is revamp some of my older ships to make new creations and have a Confederation/Lusian battle.

Also, I think all of our entries should mention the Futurecraft mod-in-development and try to raise awareness for it. I think this could be a really cool and easy way for us to get some PR.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:41 am

Well I am going to do a video of a flyby using the AR-15 model if I finish it, the A-144 if I don't, it'll be subtle, but people will wonder what it is, and hopefully it'll spark some interest.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:When I first saw this, I actually felt excitement! It's amazing: Planet Minecraft's latest building competition is a sci-fi theme, set in space!

I'm thinking that with the skill we have on this forum, we could win this if we work together (well, we could probably all make the finals list, some more than others...)

And what a better way to win than through the I.C.E.S.S.! It'd be very difficult for me to complete it on my own in time, but if you all help me, then we will be able to not only win, but to redefine the meaning of Minecraft.

Here's the link to the contest: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests ... t-contest/

Here's the link to my entry (I'm currently using Icarus, but with the hope of posting I.C.E.S.S. later): http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ect-icess/

If any of you can help, please tell me!
we could all make a space station on avenger's server?

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:05 pm

We could, but I'd prefer to build the I.C.E.S.S. Which is really a moving space-station anyway. The only problem is getting it onto the server. Or, we could just leave the bits that I've built in SSP alone, and build the rest on the server, then I could take the schematic off the server and attach my current section to the rest of it.

Is it actually possible to save a schematic form the server onto my computer, so I can use it in SSP?
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:We could, but I'd prefer to build the I.C.E.S.S. Which is really a moving space-station anyway. The only problem is getting it onto the server. Or, we could just leave the bits that I've built in SSP alone, and build the rest on the server, then I could take the schematic off the server and attach my current section to the rest of it.

Is it actually possible to save a schematic form the server onto my computer, so I can use it in SSP?
You can get Avenger to extract it from the server files and shoot you a download
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Lets just start a whole new station?

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 am

Alright... but I've already spent 10 hours on the I.C.E.S.S., and if I spend another 10 building a space station, and then everyone goes and abandons the project, then I will not be happy.
This is a signature.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 am

What do you mean abandon ? Nobody told me what and where to do so how could I help ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 am

I've had an idea for a modular space station sitting on my back burner for a few months now. Maybe we could build that?
It involves building a ton of standard sized boxes and linking them together by a corridor frame. it might look simple and geometric on the outside, but the inside could look really cool! We could have a shopping district, an industrial sector, a docking area, a downtown slums, an uptown aristocracy; there are hundreds of things we could build for it and it would be a lot of fun to put together!

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:17 am

Well I still have a rather empty 2km dreadnought lying round, with enough room in it to build an entire city in, which is what I was originally going to do, but never got round to it, if we got for Billy's idea, then we might be able to use this instead of boxes, then we could have another colony ship, which, if it is good enough, can go with Mack's.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 am

Just say what you need and I will do my best to help.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am

Right, I'll get the Tormentor converted into schematic and pasted onto the competition map, if I can get a server running, them we might be able to build a city inside.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: