Voxel Co. (By Block)

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42
Re: Voxel Co. (By Block)

Post by blockman42 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 am

Prototype wrote:Not sure if gundam, transformers or that boss from Raystorm
inspired from the gundam series. The Name is actually a reference of the naming system of gundam mecha.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:22 am

Prototype wrote:Not sure if gundam, transformers or that boss from Raystorm
You forgot Macross/Robotech.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 am

Cool beans block, and what's that thing hanging off its butt?

flyinghobs34
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:Russian
IGN:flyinghobo34

Post by flyinghobs34 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:26 am

Laserbilly wrote:Cool beans block, and what's that thing hanging off its butt?
my gues is a cape

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 am

kokonus wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:Cool beans block, and what's that thing hanging off its butt?
my gues is a cape
cape? cape! When I was looking for mecha pictures, the one that I used for a reference had a backside like that.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 am

For some reason, I hate mechs that are primarily blue, and mechs that carry their guns. As such, I do not like this mech one bit. Not to say that you didn't build it well, just that I don't like this style of mech.
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:For some reason, I hate mechs that are primarily blue, and mechs that carry their guns. As such, I do not like this mech one bit. Not to say that you didn't build it well, just that I don't like this style of mech.
I dunno what's up with you hating blue, but I completely agree with the carrying guns part. Mech guns should properly be built into their arms or shoulders. It looks very odd to see a giant medal dude carrying a five-meter rifle running though a science fiction series.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:00 am

Well I would imagine a bot then as a gun on legs - who needs the upper body ? :tongue:

It was never desiged to be practical
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 am

if you reserve both arms for hands, interchanging guns and equipment is much easier. Besides most mecha have hands that hold guns.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Prof. Scratch wrote:For some reason, I hate mechs that are primarily not grey, and mechs that don't carry their guns. As such, I find this an interesting mech even if I don't appreciate its color scheme. Not to say that you didn't build it well, but what is that thing on its butt even supposed to be?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:46 pm

blockman42 wrote:if you reserve both arms for hands, interchanging guns and equipment is much easier. Besides most mecha have hands that hold guns.
Those things are all true, but neither changes the fact that I dislike that particular feature. I'm not a huge fan of droids that carry weapons, either. Super Battle Droids are much more badass than B-1's because they have rockets and @#$% built into their arms. B-1's only have hands because they were designed to be (or at least pretend to be) loading and general worker droids.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Last_Jedi_St&#x90;anding wrote:
blockman42 wrote:if you reserve both arms for hands, interchanging guns and equipment is much easier. Besides most mecha have hands that hold guns.
Those things are all true, but neither changes the fact that I dislike that particular feature. I'm not a huge fan of droids that carry weapons, either. Super Battle Droids are much more badass than B-1's because they have rockets and @#$% built into their arms. B-1's only have hands because they were designed to be (or at least pretend to be) loading and general worker droids.
but my mecha are 9 stories tall with huge assault rifles and rocker launchers

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 am

blockman42 wrote:
Last_Jedi_St&#x90;anding wrote:
Why do you care what they think? Your mecha looks exactly like what you were going for, and it looks good on top of that! Whether it carries a gun or has them built into it's arms doesn't really factor in.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 am

Laserbilly wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Last_Jedi_St&#x90;anding wrote: Those things are all true, but neither changes the fact that I dislike that particular feature. I'm not a huge fan of droids that carry weapons, either. Super Battle Droids are much more badass than B-1's because they have rockets and @#$% built into their arms. B-1's only have hands because they were designed to be (or at least pretend to be) loading and general worker droids.
Why do you care what they think? Your mecha looks exactly like what you were going for, and it looks good on top of that! Whether it carries a gun or has them built into it's arms doesn't really factor in.
because critique is always good, but hands or no hands is just stupid

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

They're basing their critique off of what they look for in a mech. It's more opinion than constructive feedback; completely irrelevant if you're happy with the end product.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]