The N.K.E

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
SubjectToChange
Recruit
Recruit
The N.K.E

Post by SubjectToChange » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

After diplomatic talks with Darkstar Security CO the N.K.E and Darkstar Security CO are now allys
Back story of the New Klingon Empire : 250 years after the destruction of praxis what remained of the Klingon species banded together to find a new star system to inhabit.
They realized that they needed a colony ship but being Klingon they also "had" to put there best weapons on board so I give you:

The T'Jou class Colony ship (last known image before the great erase of 12/03/2013):
Spoiler:
Armaments: 8 light ship to ship rail guns and 1 High Yield photon torpedo bay
Length: 117 meters
Amount of cryo bays: 34
Engines: 2 light orbiting thrusters, and 4 hyperspace drives
Spoiler:
Last edited by SubjectToChange on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Re: The N.K.E

Post by MrTargareyan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

I like it, but you might want to fiddle around with the way the naccels and cockpit connect to thier surroundings. Also, this is really hipocritical coming from me as i hardly ever do it, but you might want to add some colour. The arial view looks awesome by the way :)

SubjectToChange
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SubjectToChange » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

MrTargareyan wrote:I like it, but you might want to fiddle around with the way the naccels and cockpit connect to thier surroundings. Also, this is really hipocritical coming from me as i hardly ever do it, but you might want to add some colour. The arial view looks awesome by the way :)
Ahhh finale someone who knows what a naccel is finally I have been looking for someone who does forever, and your right I think they are not connected properly I will work on that over the day

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

It looks a little bit plain.
Using colour variations or a texture pack with a darker iron block texture tend to help make it look more interesting, though.
Of course, what you do depends on your own ideas on how your ship is supposed to look.
Also, you might try using mods, this is primarily a training for ship designing in a mod after all, so you should care about functionality which you can simulate by putting machines from Mods in there and making a power net.
At least that´s what I do. Altough I don´t publish my accomplishments.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

SubjectToChange
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SubjectToChange » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:It looks a little bit plain.
Using colour variations or a texture pack with a darker iron block texture tend to help make it look more interesting, though.
Of course, what you do depends on your own ideas on how your ship is supposed to look.
Also, you might try using mods, this is primarily a training for ship designing in a mod after all, so you should care about functionality which you can simulate by putting machines from Mods in there and making a power net.
At least that´s what I do. Altough I don´t publish my accomplishments.
any suggestions for a good texture pack?

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 pm

There are many.
The choice mostly depends on whether you have optifine installed, allowing for high res texture packs or if you have to stick to 16x16.
Also, the new structure blocks (e.g. railcraft steel) of mods can make a texture pack not a requirement because they already have a more interesting colour by themselves.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm

OH MY!

this is good ship!

Really,in my opinion you are going in the right direction!
Like,try using Atomic Science for energy generation and simulating a trilithium core :3

My tip: Try to use Oberon texture pack or a Star trek texture pack. They seen to be good for you
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:16 pm

OrignalCanadian wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:I like it, but you might want to fiddle around with the way the naccels and cockpit connect to thier surroundings. Also, this is really hipocritical coming from me as i hardly ever do it, but you might want to add some colour. The arial view looks awesome by the way :)
Ahhh finale someone who knows what a naccel is finally I have been looking for someone who does forever, and your right I think they are not connected properly I will work on that over the day
Pretty much everyone here knows what a naccel is. I just don't like them.

Anyway, not a bad first ship! I can see that you will soon become one of us. I'll leave advice to the others this time.
This is a signature.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
OrignalCanadian wrote:

Anyway, not a bad first ship! I can see that you will soon become one of us. I'll leave advice to the others this time.
Just a question,I became one of yours? :3
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm

lightspeed12 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
OrignalCanadian wrote: Ahhh finale someone who knows what a naccel is finally I have been looking for someone who does forever, and your right I think they are not connected properly I will work on that over the day

Just a question,I became one of yours? :3
This is a signature.

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 pm

I like the ship, definitively looks Klingon but i would make the hull darker. other than that its great!
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SubjectToChange
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SubjectToChange » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah thats what minecraft lacks: the ability to change the color of blocks I might change my texture pack to make wool look like colored iron tho

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:58 am

Hey, welcome to the forum, nice job on your first ship!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Relatively fine job for first try, welcome to the forums :)
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN