Dormidean Armada

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic
Dormidean Armada

Post by CaptainSporatic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm

The Dormidean Armada

History
Spoiler:
Millions of light years from other forms of civilized life, on a planet the size of Jupiter, two controlling governments have been fighting against each other for control of the planet Rhomide's resources. After revolution by both the military and citizen factions, peace has finally been accomplished after hundreds of years of war. After these two nations solved their issues, they grouped together as the Dormidean Armada, and focused on expansion to Rhomide's thirteen different moons.

As their technology grew to be too outdated for advanced transportation, breakthroughs in the propulsion of highly energized atoms were made by the Dormidean Scientific Research Center, or the D.S.R.C. These highly energized atoms were used for engine propulsion and weaponry, with very little resources used to fuel both the weaponry and the engine systems. The energized atoms were able to fire in short bursts or in controlled laser beams, with the atoms exploding with high force on impact with the target. Finally, after strife, conflict, and peace, the people of Rhomide were able to expand outwards into space.

Using their new-found technology, the Dormidean Armada created a network of orbital defenses, consisting of both turrets and shielding, used to repel incoming meteors which would have otherwise plagued the planet with constant bombardment. The centuries of wars had not had an impact on available ships, and much of the ships capable of deep-space travel had been destroyed or heavily damaged in war. All that was gathered of the fleet consisted of inter-atmospheric ships and transport vehicles, and ground-assault vehicles. Once the planet's defense was taken care of, the Dorimdean Council (which controlled the fleet's movement and action) turned its' resources and capabilities towards the development of advanced ships capable of intergalactic travel and assault.
Guns, Ships, and Armada Classifications
Weapons:
Spoiler:
Heavy-grade Heavy
Medium-grade Heavy
Light-grade Heavy

Heavy-grade Medium
Medium-grade Medium
Light-grade Medium

Heavy-grade Light
Medium-grade Light
Light-grade Light
Ships:
Spoiler:
(in order of capability)

Fighter

Light Assault Vehicle
Medium Assault Vehicle
Heavy Assault Vehicle

Orbital Defense Turret

Light Dropship
Heavy Dropship

Freighter
Military Freighter

Frigate
Heavy Frigate

Dreadnought
Heavy Dreadnought

Orbiter
Heavy Orbiter

Cruiser
Battle Cruiser
Heavy Battle Cruiser

Orbital Dropship

Fleet Commander
Armada Organization:
Spoiler:
1 Armada
---5 Fleets per Armada
-----1 Fleet Commander per Fleet
--------------100 Escape Vehicles per Fleet Commander
------10 Legions per Fleet
--------20 Squadrons per Legion
----------2 Heavy Dreadnoughts per Squadron
--------------75 Escape Vehicles per Heavy Dreadnought
----------5 Dreadnoughts per Squadron
--------------50 Escape Vehicles per Dreadnought
----------3 Military Freighters per Squadron
--------------38 Fighters per Military Freighter
--------------32 Light Assault Ships per Military Freighter
--------------14 Medium Assault ships per Military Freighter
--------------4 Heavy Dropships per Military Freighter
--------------32 Escape Vehicles per Military Freighter
----------7 Freighters per Squadron
--------------20 Escape Vehciles per Freighter
--------------19 Fighters per Freighter
--------------16 Light Assault Ships per Freighter
--------------10 Medium Assasult Ships per Freighter
----------1 Heavy Orbiter per Squadron
--------------50 Escape Vehicles per Heavy Orbiter
----------3 Orbiters per Squadron
--------------35 Escape Vehicles per Orbiter
----------3 Heavy Battle Cruisers per Squadron
--------------45 Escape Vehicles per Heavy Battle Cruiser
----------10 Battle Cruisers per Squadron
--------------30 Escape Vehicles per Battle Cruiser
----------3 Orbital Dropships per Squadron
--------------2 Military Freighters per Orbital Dropship
--------------1 Heavy Dreadnought per Orbital Dropship
--------------5 Battle Cruisers per Orbital Dropship
--------------10 Heavy Mechs per Orbital Dropship

Overall, the Armada has 5 Fleet Commanders, 2318000 Escape Vehicles, 95000 Fighters, 80000 Light Assault Ships, 39200 Medium Assault Ships, 7200 heavy Dropships, 6000 Heavy Mechs, 400 Heavy Dreadnoughts, 1000 Dreadnoughts, 600 Military Freighters, 1400 Freighters, 200 Heavy Orbiters, 600 Orbiters, 600 Heavy Battle Cruisers, 2000 Battle Cruisers, and 600 Orbital Dropships planned for construction.
Out of the 5 Fleets, only 1 Fleet has finished construction and is active.
Current Ships:

Air / Space Vehicles

Orbital Defense Turret
Spoiler:
The Orbital Defense Turret was originally created for destroying incoming meteors to prevent destruction of the planet's developing cities, but was later discovered to have very powerful offensive capabilities against ships of all types.
The Turret works by firing a 2-3 second burst of concentrated energized atoms in a laser form to cut through and destroy incoming ships and debris, with the energized atoms causing massive explosive damage. The O.D.T. requires a 5 second cool-down between each firing, in order to prevent overheating of the barrel and to re-energize the main ammunition store.

With this heavy amount of offensive capability, there were heavy drawbacks to the defense a turret could have. Each turret, while having massive offense power, is easily destroyed by concentrated fire. Due to this, an escape vehicle has been attached to the underside of each turret, and is able to transport the 6-man crew of the turret to safety if the turret is overrun.

Each laser fire is capable of reaching a max distance of 577500000 meters (approximately 1.5 times the distance between the earth and the moon) and cutting through over 100 meters of material. Use of this Orbital Turret on the planet's surface itself can be extremely dangerous.
Spoiler:
Exterior

Interior
Control center:

Crew Bunking Area:
Escape Pod
Spoiler:
This ship is mainly used as an escape vehicle from larger craft, but in emergency cases, it can be used as a transportation ship for soldiers. It is able to carry up to 6 soldiers with each pilot, and reaches max speeds of 200 mph in atmosphere and 250 mph in space.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Interior:
Medium Assault Ship / Medium Dropship
Spoiler:
This ship, like its' cousin the Light Assault Ship / Dropship, doubles as either a small attacking ship meant to do some damage or as a dropship for moving soliders to and from the battlefield. It is able to carry 20 soldiers and a pilot, and is armed with 4 light-grade atom energizers. The engine can propel the ship to 250 mph in-atmosphere and to 400 mph in space. In cases of extreme emergency, the ship's 4 light-grade atom energizers can detach and propel themselves into a target at over 750 mph, in and outside the atmosphere. This attack is usually only used as a last-ditch effort to save the ship while simultaneously heavily damaging the enemy ship. The range of these specific weapons reaches 1900 meters, and can blast through 9 and 1/2 meters of material. On a suicide propulsion, however, the range reaches a maximum of 3200 meters, and can blast through over 15 meters of dense material.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Interior:
Light Assault Ship / Light Dropship
Spoiler:
This ship could double as either a light assault vehicle used to attack various other ships or hinder the progression of a larger ship or as an armed transportation ship from point A to point B. It is capable of carrying 10 soldiers in addition to the pilot, and is armed with two light-grade atom energizers, as well as two booster engines in addition to the main engine in the back of the ship. Without the boosting engines, this ship can reach up to 300 mph in-atmosphere, and 400 mph in space, and with boosting engines, it can reach max speeds of up to 400 mph in-atmosphere and 600 mph in space. The light-grade weapons have a range of 1750 meters, and can blast through 8 meters of dense material.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Interior:
Heavy Dropship
Spoiler:
This ship was used as inter-atmospheric troop transport until it was outfitted to fly on the edges of space. For long distance space travel, it was usually carried in Heavy Frigates, until the last frigate was heavily damaged during the civil war. The ship comes equipped with 6 detachable troop deploying stations, each armed with a medium-grade atom energizer. The dropship holds two ground tanks in addition to the 60 soldiers it can hold in the deploy stations and in the interior of the ship, not counting the 7 crew required to run the ship, or the 2 soldiers in the tanks. It can reach max speeds of up to 300 mph in-atmosphere, and up to 450 mph outside the atmosphere. The turrets can fire through 15 meter thick walls or material, with weapon range of up to 4000 meters before the atoms destabilize and explode in mid-air.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Engines:

Interior:
Ground Vehicles

Light tank:
Spoiler:
This vehicle has space for one crew member, the pilot, and is capable of firing two ultra-light-grade atom energizers (not meant for interstellar firing) at a time, with a reload of 2 seconds per gun. This vehicle is able to go over most terrain, as well as up forty degree slopes. It is capable of being easily transported, and can reach max speeds of up to 70 mph on a flat surface. The guns can shoot through 1 meter thick walls of various metals, with a range of 1000 meters, and it is able to ram and move up to 6 tons of material.
Spoiler:

Heavy Tank
Spoiler:
This vehicle is able to transport up to 8 soldiers in it's armored bay, and is capable of holding one pilot. It is armored with two ultra-light-grade atom energizers, and two ultra-medium-grade atom energizers, both of which can be maneuvered around by the pilot. The ultra-light-grade weaponry can be controlled from inside the armored bay. After the destruction of most of the inter-galactic capable ships, this tank has been unable to be transported through vast distances, but is able to go up thirty degree slopes and achieve a max speed of 40 mph on flat ground. The ultra-light-grade turrets can shoot through meter thick walls, with a range of 500 meters, and the ultra-medium-grade turrets can blast through up to 10 meters of wall or material, with a range of 1500 meters.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Mobile Ground Defense Cannon
Spoiler:
This massive monster is basically a souped-up version of the Orbital Defense Turret, but usable from the ground as an anti-air weapon. Able to blast ships out of the air from up to 600000000 meters, this massive mobile cannon is one of the most powerful ground weapons available for the Dormidean Ground Assault Force, or the D.G.A.F. Holding 10 defensive medium-grade atom energizers, this rolling tank is able to defend itself from all sorts of attacks. The heavy armoring on all sides prevents easy disabling of the six independent rolling treads, which, when combined, are able to push up to 60000 tons of material. In short, this massive armed cannon is able to take out entire fleets on a lucky day, if given enough time.

The bay can hold up to 5 light tanks, and holds over 56 soldiers, as well as the 7 pilots, and has a descending floor-door which allows for the tanks and infantry to easily disembark on a slight slope.

The only main issue for this monster is its' speed, which reaches a whopping 2 mph at full speed. In short, while the M.G.D.C. has devastating range and power, it takes a looooooong time to get where it needs to go, which can be a really limiting factor.
Spoiler:
Exterior:

Interior:

If you see any discrepancies, please feel free to tell me, and I will do my best to fix the issue or clarify. I will update this post with more ships and vehicle as I progress in the creation of them, but otherwise, I hope you find the designs and ideas to your liking!
Last edited by CaptainSporatic on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Dormidean Armada

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm

I like these things, also are you new here?
Spoiler:

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

i like orbital cannon
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:00 pm

hyperlite wrote:I like these things, also are you new here?
I'm somewhat new, I've been on the forums for about 5 days now.

Also, small update: I've begun work on a large transport ship, and will post some pictures of progress eventually...
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Progress on the transport ship:
Spoiler:
At the moment, it's just the placeholder black outline of the front and the outline for the back stretching on far beyond my render capability.
I foresee this transporter as being very stretched out over a long distance...
Spoiler:

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Progress continues, still setting up main frame:
Spoiler:
That's the front half, from front to back in descending order. I'll be working on the outline for the main hangar and launch area next, and more storage, then the control area and the engines. After that, I'll begin on filling in the hull with color, adding detail, then I'll move onto the interior and such.
Spoiler:

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:Progress continues, still setting up main frame:
Spoiler:
That's the front half, from front to back in descending order. I'll be working on the outline for the main hangar and launch area next, and more storage, then the control area and the engines. After that, I'll begin on filling in the hull with color, adding detail, then I'll move onto the interior and such.
wow.... amazin
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Interesting style, keep up the good work.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Update on the transport ship, I've decided to make it into more of a massive assault/military transport ship, with guns and the capability to release hordes of light and medium assault ships and heavy dropships upon unsuspecting planets.
Note that the only guns I've put into the ship are temporary, just to show the size of the ship as of now before I begin working on the hull (the guns are the orbital cannons from the mobile orbital cannon)
Spoiler:
The orbital cannons on the top of the first mounted hangar:
As much of the ship as I could get rendered out with extreme view distance:
At this point, I'll begin working on the hull from the front of the ship to the back, then I'll begin on adding ships and various other weapons and guns as well as interior.
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 pm

For those turrets, I would remove the crane-like support and instead give them more stability from the bottom.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:For those turrets, I would remove the crane-like support and instead give them more stability from the bottom.
Yeah, I was using them as examples of the size by comparing the turrets from the largest tank variant to the ship's attached hangars. I'll be making better ones for inter-stellar flight and such.
Spoiler:

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Update:
Spoiler:
This is the front hull of the ship, with the light vehicle hangar. Working on the back hull and interior.
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:04 pm

It looks like you wrapped it in the Jack and Union.

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:It looks like you wrapped it in the Jack and Union.
I was trying to go for British without using blue, but that works too.
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Tunnelthunder wrote:It looks like you wrapped it in the Jack and Union.
I was trying to go for British without using blue, but that works too.
If you were confused on what the Union Jack is, it's the name of the British flag.
I just said that because it seemed like you didn't know what it was.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe