The Freeholds Of Valyria

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Re: The Guns of the Ayleid's

Post by Luna » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Tiel wrote:
CatsVsNinjas wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:Since I cant really be bothered to finish my binvox ship at the moment, I have started work on a new dreadnaught, since the actual ship is virtually non-existent at the mo thanks to it having curves >:| Here's the design, its going to take a while :[
Spoiler:
That is a very curvy design. nice concept.
Spoilers end INSIDE the quote tag. For the love of christ, stop it, that breaks the formatting :/
My bad
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 am

Finished the bow bit, god this was tedious >:| I'm probably going to add this to my entry on the PMC sci fi contest thread. For the first time ever, I have built a ship that isn't completely symmetrical :D Pic:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 am

looks nice, hard to tell because its so early in the building process.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 am

As usual, after 20 minutes I decided to completely ignore the design I drew because I got the proportioning completely wrong and got bored of hand building curves. (I have removed them; they looked horrible) The dreadnaught is 959 blocks long, so it a bit smaller than my last one.Anyway, here's the ship, I haven't finished the engines and still need to add some more weapons and hangers (and a bridge) Oh, and there is the problem that I don't really like it :D Still, its better than my last dreadnaught >:|

Here's the pics:

The main hanger bay:

The main superheated plasma cannon; this is enormous btw :D

For some reason the detailing doesn't show up in eihort very well, it looks a lot better with connected textures:

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:53 am

And just like that, in less than a week you've made a ship just as big as my protector and nearly as good looking (I don't want to sound arrogant, I'm just really proud of my ship and think this ship looks great too, and I couldn't think of another way to say it). I love the angle you built the whole thing on, it makes it look really sleek. The coloring looks good, and all the little details look great too. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the thrusters in the back, but I can't think of a way to do it differently so maybe it's just my jealousy popping out of my subconscious.

Also, if you're going to add turrets and the like to this ship, I think you should dig into the hull to do it. If you just add them to the outside, I think it will really break up the shape of the ship and make it look funny. Just my opinion. Cool ship.
Last edited by Laserbilly on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 am

Put this in your PMC entry, there are too many ships nowhere near as good as this getting a hell of a lot of attention.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Laserbilly wrote:And just like that, in less than a week you've made a ship just as big as my protector and nearly as good looking (I don't want to sound arrogant, I'm just really proud of my ship and think this ship looks great too, and I couldn't think of another way to say it). I love the angle you built the whole thing on, it makes it look really sleek. The coloring looks good, and all the little details look great too. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the thrusters in the back, but I can't think of a way to do it differently so maybe it's just my jealousy popping out of my subconscious.

Also, if you're going to add turrets and the like to this ship, I think you should dig into the hull to do it. If you just add them to the outside, I think it will really break up the shape of the ship and make it look funny. Just my opinion. Cool ship.
Thanks :) I have the same problems with the thrusters and the same problems with doing them differently :D They don't really fit the ship. Anyway, I made a new fighter; the pic was rendered in chunky, though im not sure if I like chunky or not. Anyway, here it is; suggestions welcome :)

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm

i think its to big, it's the size of one of my pinnaces
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:i think its to big, it's the size of one of my pinnaces
Ever consider that maybe your pinnaces are too small?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Although, it is quite large. But, I like the design.
This is a signature.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:19 pm

its pretty smexxy

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 am

Looks good

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri May 03, 2013 1:31 pm

I have been trying to improve the detail and depth on my builds, and have been practicing on the mithrintia server; This is what I have so far (though they are medival fantasy) I now have the member rank though, so I will now be able to build something bigger (^-^)/ Any suggestions to improvemy technique on future builds would be great :) Also ik this has nothing to do with spaceships; but im using medival fantasy to practice detailing on as it is far easier than detailing spaceships.

Pics:

Weird mead hall (first build) :

Second build (the one that got member, though the screenshots look awful due to the low res)

Here is my exanguinator (again) But I have finally managed to do a proper render of it without random lighting bugs, to late for the TTS contest though..grrr

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Looks good. Are you going to use them for something?
"The Sky is the Limit"

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

I like those medieval builds. I'd suggest not running the pillars into the roof though, the colour contrast is a bit weird.
This is a signature.