Terran Trade Confederation

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Re: Terran Trade Confederation

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 am

For some reason, my original reply didn't get posted.

Essentially: excellent work and commitment, but I think you should recreate a cooler looking ship.
This is a signature.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:For some reason, my original reply didn't get posted.

Essentially: excellent work and commitment, but I think you should recreate a cooler looking ship.
How about the Nyx from EVE Online (to scale) that would be an interesting challenge, I'm not sure the exact dimensions but you could calculate it with simple algebra as long as you have the length and mm ruler.

Edit: Edit: Okay, the Nyx is 3300 meters long, you don't have to build it but it would be amazing if you could, cause I would buy that think right when it is ready.

Edit:Here I got a link, the Nyx is the one above and to the right of the big ship that looks like a shoe.
Spoiler:
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 am

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:For some reason, my original reply didn't get posted.

How about the Nyx from EVE Online (to scale) that would be an interesting challenge, I'm not sure the exact dimensions but you could calculate it with simple algebra as long as you have the length and mm ruler.

Edit: Edit: Okay, the Nyx is 3300 meters long, you don't have to build it but it would be amazing if you could, cause I would buy that think right when it is ready.

Edit:Here I got a link, the Nyx is the one above and to the right of the big ship that looks like a shoe.
Spoiler:
Aw man, I was actually already considering doing this ship sometime this year! I found a really cool source photo for it, but I didn't know it was an EVE ship! Thanks, now I find some more views of it.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Laserbilly wrote:Aw man, I was actually already considering doing this ship sometime this year! I found a really cool source photo for it, but I didn't know it was an EVE ship! Thanks, now I find some more views of it.
You make, it I buy it.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:Aw man, I was actually already considering doing this ship sometime this year! I found a really cool source photo for it, but I didn't know it was an EVE ship! Thanks, now I find some more views of it.
You make, it I buy it.
It looks like someone already made it and uploaded it. It's around 2-3 hundred meters long, though...

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
CatsVsNinjas wrote:
You make, it I buy it.
It looks like someone already made it and uploaded it. It's around 2-3 hundred meters long, though...
1) where? 2) Is it up for download 3) :/
The point is, I want it in my world, I want it as a weapon in my RP arsenal, if you won't do it I'll ask on the MC forums
Requirements are
- Must be to scale
- Must be built with default texturepack
- Must be able for download

again Laser, you don't have to do it.
"The Sky is the Limit"

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:17 pm

It's a bit cheaty to get your ships this way isn't ? At least pay for them ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Iv121 wrote:It's a bit cheaty to get your ships this way isn't ? At least pay for them ...
I'll say it again,
"You make it, I buy it."
"The Sky is the Limit"

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Who pays? Stealing FTW
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Prototype wrote:Who pays? Stealing FTW
I expect better of our devs. Also, no discussion of theft.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am

Devs are just devs, I don't even understand why they need mod rights (You can't expect everyone who wants to contribute to the mod be a mod on the forums) , leave them alone !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 am

Tunnelthunder wrote:
Prototype wrote:Who pays? Stealing FTW
I expect better of our devs. Also, no discussion of theft.
No, discussion of theft is OK, technically. It's discussion of piracy which isn't good, and even with that the rule was never actually officially passed.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 am

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
CatsVsNinjas wrote: You make, it I buy it.
1) where? 2) Is it up for download 3) :/
The point is, I want it in my world, I want it as a weapon in my RP arsenal, if you won't do it I'll ask on the MC forums
Requirements are
- Must be to scale
- Must be built with default texturepack
- Must be able for download

again Laser, you don't have to do it.
Thank you forcing me to build something, Cats. In fact, now that I've found someone else has done it, I'm not too interested in building it myself anymore...

Here's everything I could find on the subject:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:41753

http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=14464.0

(you have to scroll down on this one)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/522 ... e__st__360

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 am

The actual Nyx is the better part of 3-4km long. That might be a challenge for you, billy?

Or just build another Eve ship, they're all huge (excepting frigates. Those are comparatively tiny.)

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 am

Jeez guys, that was a joke, duh, I would never steal anything that I would normally have to pay for, stealing ships in Minecraft is an entirely different matter to piracy, which I would never commit.

Back on topic, epic work as usual billy, don't mind if I assimilate the blueprints or anything, not that I really know how to do that.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: