Futureville City Defences

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: Futureville City Defences

Post by Laserbilly » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Man oh man! I really like your new mech! The legs look amazing, and I love your shin plates!

edit: I'd love to see some more pictures of it!

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Laserbilly wrote:Man oh man! I really like your new mech! The legs look amazing, and I love your shin plates!

edit: I'd love to see some more pictures of it!
Thanks, can you come onto Avengers server

Lol 69

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 pm

I like that mech.
I saw you building the first foot and I had no idea that it will look like this.

Hey does anyone know the trailer for Pacific rim?
The movie will be awesome.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Julo wrote:I like that mech.
I saw you building the first foot and I had no idea that it will look like this.

Hey does anyone know the trailer for Pacific rim?
The movie will be awesome.
yay kaiju vs huge robots!

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:Anything on a quadrupedal base is an artillery piece, not an assault mech. Good luck getting under it.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-47_Ultr ... t_Platform
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terr ... _Transport
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/OG-9_homing_spider_droid
:)
If I recall, AT-AT's and spider droids are usually seen firing from behind the front line...when a Scarab is involved in a pitched battle, it's usually deployed behind ground troops with the exception of boss fights. See the longest levels in Halo 3.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:Anything on a quadrupedal base is an artillery piece, not an assault mech. Good luck getting under it.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-47_Ultr ... t_Platform
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terr ... _Transport
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/OG-9_homing_spider_droid
:)
If I recall, AT-AT's and spider droids are usually seen firing from behind the front line...when a Scarab is involved in a pitched battle, it's usually deployed behind ground troops with the exception of boss fights. See the longest levels in Halo 3.
Nope. AT-AT stands for All Terrain Armored Transport. They are used as front-line shock troops to carry stormtroopers directly to the enemy fortifications. See the Battle of Hoth, where AT-ATs and AT-STs were nearly the only Imperial forces deployed until they actually got into Echo Base. Spider droids likewise fight from the front lines, such as at the battles of Geonosis and Felucia. Neither one of them carry weapons that can strike effectively from a particularly long distance. I know less about Scarabs, but my impression was that they were the same way.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Scarabs are not generally used in the front lines, but they are sometimes.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:42 am

We have ships to defend the city, we have tanks to defend the city, but what we really need is a "big hokin' space-gun"! Do you remember that 200 block long turret I built for The Banhammer (the computer that was on is destroyed by the way)? We need something that scale to defend against incoming capital ships. FV is the capital of the Futurecraft Empire, it needs to be an impenetrable fortress of death.

Merry Christmas, by the way.
This is a signature.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:30 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:We have ships to defend the city, we have tanks to defend the city, but what we really need is a "big hokin' space-gun"! Do you remember that 200 block long turret I built for The Banhammer (the computer that was on is destroyed by the way)? We need something that scale to defend against incoming capital ships. FV is the capital of the Futurecraft Empire, it needs to be an impenetrable fortress of death.

On it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:We have ships to defend the city, we have tanks to defend the city, but what we really need is a "big hokin' space-gun"! Do you remember that 200 block long turret I built for The Banhammer (the computer that was on is destroyed by the way)? We need something that scale to defend against incoming capital ships. FV is the capital of the Futurecraft Empire, it needs to be an impenetrable fortress of death.

still not sure thats enough, sure we have big guns, but what happens when thousands of tiny fighters, bombers, and drones make it to the city, we either need intercept fighters, or a healthy dose of AA
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote: still not sure thats enough, sure we have big guns, but what happens when thousands of tiny fighters, bombers, and drones make it to the city, we either need intercept fighters, or a healthy dose of AA
Its funny because the rebels have such a force. Though it is rebel style.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
CatsVsNinjas wrote: still not sure thats enough, sure we have big guns, but what happens when thousands of tiny fighters, bombers, and drones make it to the city, we either need intercept fighters, or a healthy dose of AA
Well just because we have a much of large ships doesn't mean we can't handle hundreds of fighters. I can bring my fleet in and most of the FV defenses have AA turrets.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Tunnelthunder wrote:
Well just because we have a much of large ships doesn't mean we can't handle hundreds of fighters. I can bring my fleet in and most of the FV defenses have AA turrets.
i wouldn't be so sure if i were you
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm

well you do you care about the defenses and destroying the city?

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 pm

catsonmeth wrote:

On it.
Excellent.
This is a signature.