Darkstar Security CO.[ SHIPS WIP]

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.

Next ship [2 votes]

Poll ended at Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Total votes: 0

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO
Re: Darkstar Security CO.[ NEW SHIPS]

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm

" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:06 pm

You're going to have to go bigger than that to get recognizable curves. There's just not enough to work with at that scale. They won't look smooth until they've got maybe a 40-meter radius.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:You're going to have to go bigger than that to get recognizable curves. There's just not enough to work with at that scale. They won't look smooth until they've got maybe a 40-meter radius.
That's true, but you are heading in the right direction!

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Ships

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

My Next ships should be a light carrier or a bording ship,as i will try to make "Cybran" style in my ships with "agressive" shapes or smooth curved shapes. Sorry for the trouble,guys,im just learning ><
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the

EMPRAH * BRUVA

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: Ships

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:59 pm

lightspeed12 wrote:My Next ships should be a light carrier or a bording ship,as i will try to make "Cybran" style in my ships with "agressive" shapes or smooth curved shapes. Sorry for the trouble,guys,im just learning ><
its okay

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Wow, that is honestly a good looking ship! It has a simple/sleek/good shape and the black detailing really adds to the overall look. Nice job! How long did that take you?

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm

definitely not a bad ship, just needs some color.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Laserbilly wrote:Wow, that is honestly a good looking ship! It has a simple/sleek/good shape and the black detailing really adds to the overall look. Nice job! How long did that take you?

I was mading it during the dinner. In 20 minutes or less. Trying to make a curved ship for coincidense i made a "Sport" or "aerodinamic" ship.

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

A DANM,BIG SHIP!

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello!

Everyone be on guard,im making my best ship till now so Check out Later

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

FIRST CRUISER OPERATIONAL!

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 am

My first Cruiser is operational.Take a look :D

Cuuuurves

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

SOME THINGS ABOUT MY SHIPS

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks for the support everyone

1: Usually i dont add much colour because the theme of my ships is "Stealth,fast,discret" so neutral colors like black or as i triyng a "zebra" style adding detail with black or white.

2: Im learning about the curves but i did some progress with the Voidwalker,right?

3: Any good skin pack? I was using a pack about star trek.

4: Carriers,any consideration about it? I enjoy the idea of making carriers.

Cause they are carriers :D

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 am

You just quadruple posted.

To answer your questions:

1- Unless you are copying the design style of a particular science fiction group, colour is always good (unless you are a really good build who knows how to make your ships look interesting in other ways).

2- Yes, you have made progress, I think your latest ship is a massive leap.

3- Most texture packs are pretty good. The trick is to stick with it, and change your style to match the pack.

4- Don't. If you try and build a really big ship, you will find that your buildings skills improve drastically over the course of construction, and you will find that you feel like re-doing large parts of it. Just build several mid-sized ships, trying to improve them each time, taking on-board advice given, and learning lessons. That's what I did (except I built series of ships until I got bored, then start a bigger and better series).
This is a signature.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 am

the image doesn't seems to work for me...

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 am

On the front page, under "Cruiser [NEW]" ?