Darkstar Security CO.[ SHIPS WIP]

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.

Next ship [2 votes]

Poll ended at Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Total votes: 0

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO
HEY,THANKS!

Post by Crash Override » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for the support everyone ^^
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

THE SHIPS

Post by Crash Override » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:32 pm

So...help here,again.

What are the ideal lenght of a ship? Like,classification of ships are always a problem to me ><
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the

EMPRAH * BRUVA

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: THE SHIPS

Post by  ҉  » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm

lightspeed12 wrote:So...help here,again.

What are the ideal lenght of a ship? Like,classification of ships are always a problem to me ><
There isn't really an 'ideal' length. It all depends on what you're trying to do. Most of the large ships on the forum are around 500 blocks long, although there are a handful that are getting on towards 1000 blocks long, and my Bestine-class, which is 36 thousand blocks long but doesn't really count. Small ones could be as small as 20 blocks long. It really depends. There are a number of ship classification systems, so you should just pick the one you like best. I use one that calls for really huge ships - huger than are really practical - but it's a personal choice. My system can be found in the OP of my ship thread, and I think several others can be found in their respective owners' OPs. There are a bunch more on the old forum, too, if you're willing to look for them. Or just make up your own, if you want to. You're going to have a hard time building good-looking ships that are smaller than 20-30 blocks, and also a hard time building ships that are more than a thousand or so blocks, but if you really want to try I'd love to see a detailed multi-kilometer ship.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: Darkstar Security CO.

Post by blockman42 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:12 pm

just make your ships 100 blocks at the least.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:36 am

Well a normal size all purpose ship would be about 100-200 blocks
A big ship would be between 300 and 400 blocks
Anything bigger than 400 block is a huge ship
But probably the limit would be 2.5 k, after that it looks ridiculous
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Prototype wrote:

Well a normal size all purpose ship would be about 100-200 blocks
A big ship would be between 300 and 400 blocks
Anything bigger than 400 block is a huge ship
But probably the limit would be 2.5 k, after that it looks ridiculous
Unless you're skilled at being awesome.
This is a signature.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

WHY THE HELL I CANT POST IMAGES!
i dont have any mean of posting images
In the old forum i could upload images why i cant now?
Can someone tech me how,please? i have made 7 ships and one with DANM 700 BLOCK LONG! ITS AWESOME :D

EMPRAH * BRUVA

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm

lightspeed12 wrote:WHY THE HELL I CANT POST IMAGES!
Can someone tech me how,please? i have made 7 ships and one with DANM 700 BLOCK LONG! ITS AWESOME :D
Because this forum doesn't have an image hoster thingie. Use another website. We talked about that in one of these threads today.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Instinct-XIV
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Xtreme gaming QC
IGN:InstinctXIV

Post by Instinct-XIV » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

lightspeed12 wrote:WHY THE HELL I CANT POST IMAGES!
Use http://www.servimg.com/upload.php just type any email and password and then you can upload (copy paste the BBcode-image)

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:U.A.R.C.
IGN:Ep1cDr1verz

Re: Darkstar Security CO.[ NEW SHIPS]

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am

I love the carrier, looks pretty good. Question: Do they all have full interiors?

Let me just say, I would love to get my hands on your carrier and modify it in my own ways. Personally, I would add a second, upside-down runway on either wing (Like the glorious Battlestar Pegasus) so that there would be more space for the DRONES/FIGHTERS. thanks for your inspiration, I'm going to work on a small carrier right now... like, I'm doing it now.
Fr0stbyte: We can't place minecart tracks on the ceiling. That would look ridiculous.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am

Ra1der Dr1verz wrote:I love the carrier, looks pretty good. Question: Do they all have full interiors?

Let me just say, I would love to get my hands on your carrier and modify it in my own ways. Personally, I would add a second, upside-down runway on either wing (Like the glorious Battlestar Pegasus) so that there would be more space for the DRONES/FIGHTERS. thanks for your inspiration, I'm going to work on a small carrier right now... like, I'm doing it now.

Yeah! The Main reactor of the Wolfhound is a laser-based fusion engine,that distribute energy around the carrier. My ships tend to be useful and try to make them based in " What i want in a ship if i am in survival mode? " Hidroponics,comunication,crew room,all that ^^

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm

WOLFHOUND BRIDGE

The Wolfhound bridge is made to be simples yet very effective,as the officers,the helmsman,the operators and the Commander are at constant information change and coordinating together,creating friendly atmosphere.

WOLFHOUND ENERGY SOURCE

A Laser-based fusion plant,can mantain a medium production output. Is Horizontally oriented,distribuiting the energy in form of High Frequency waves.

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 pm

PROTOTYPE GUARD SHIP

Guard ship is the denomination that i have for a dreadgnought that sacrifice firepower for Area Defense and Fleet Support. Like a Starbase but in form of a Giant,Hypershielded ship.

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Erm...how do I put this...

I'm by no means an expert ship builder, but you could use a little more curve in there.

I made the same mistake with my first ship, too. Try to round out the bottom, or triangulate it so if that fits your theme better.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Eh, you ships need a lot of work. You need at add more curves to your ships, all you have right now is a bunch of rectangles. Not to mention how bland you palette is. You need to add more color.