Darkstar Security CO.[ SHIPS WIP]

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.

Next ship [2 votes]

Poll ended at Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Total votes: 0

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Re: Darkstar Security CO.[ NEW SHIPS]

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

I had a look at the cruiser, don't use gold blocks and obsidian together. However, the structure and design of it is one of a good ship, much better than your previous ones. Just find a better colour combination.
This is a signature.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm

" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks! Im trying to learn about colors and such. Generally i use bland colors or minimalist designs
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Nice, is it a space station?

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 pm

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Laserbilly wrote:Nice, is it a space station?

Yes! I made the internals too.

Its very basic,i made a design to be "Ugly,blocky but funcional" giving a feel of "standard trade station"

EMPRAH * BRUVA

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

ohhh very smexxy, but it looks like one of my ships.... let me go and find it....

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

blockman42 wrote:ohhh very smexxy, but it looks like one of my ships.... let me go and find it....
Never. Ever. Use the word "smexxy". I will kill the next person who uses it.

But, nice ship!
This is a signature.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:ohhh very smexxy, but it looks like one of my ships.... let me go and find it....

But, nice ship!
I also like the ship, good form.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

But, nice ship!
but tunnel has it in his sig

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

But, nice ship!
but tunnel has it in his sig
You don't think these two might correlate in some manner?

Also, get in the Appeals section.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

BATTLESHIP ON THE WAY

Post by Crash Override » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Im making a battleship.

The nice news: ive been viewing Battlestar Galactica and i get my inspiration from it now!

Danm Toasters...

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:U.A.R.C.
IGN:Ep1cDr1verz

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

"A modified version of the 'Bulldozer' freight ship,carry light flak guns for limited defense that fire small iron balls using magnetic pulses at high velocities. It's the main stay of the Darkstar fleet,because its fast and reliable. Use magnetic disks for locking the cargo in metal cases."

Am I the only person who sees a problem where you "fire... iron balls, using magnetic pulses" and the fact you "Use magnetic discs for locking the cargo". If I'm right, these "small iron balls" will be attracted to the disks locking the cargo in place, hit them and break the 'clamp' mechanism used. In the end, your left with a lack of cargo to deliver and a broken set of magnetic disks, which I'm sure aren't going cheap to hold such a large cargo in place.

No offence to you, lightspeed, just want to make sure you keep your cargo and get your money :)
Fr0stbyte: We can't place minecart tracks on the ceiling. That would look ridiculous.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Ra1der Dr1verz wrote:"A modified version of the 'Bulldozer' freight ship,carry light flak guns for limited defense that fire small iron balls using magnetic pulses at high velocities. It's the main stay of the Darkstar fleet,because its fast and reliable. Use magnetic disks for locking the cargo in metal cases."

Am I the only person who sees a problem where you "fire... iron balls, using magnetic pulses" and the fact you "Use magnetic discs for locking the cargo". If I'm right, these "small iron balls" will be attracted to the disks locking the cargo in place, hit them and break the 'clamp' mechanism used. In the end, your left with a lack of cargo to deliver and a broken set of magnetic disks, which I'm sure aren't going cheap to hold such a large cargo in place.

No offence to you, lightspeed, just want to make sure you keep your cargo and get your money :)

*pokerface* Danm,i dont see this before! Thanks man!

I will edit it and change for LAZORS!!! YEAH!!!

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

WORKING IN A MINER

Post by Crash Override » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Question:

1- What is essencial in a Miner ship?

EMPRAH * BRUVA