Last_Jedi_Standing Industries

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Last_Jedi_Standing Industries

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:50 am

Tiel wrote:Do you ever let anything go?
Not really.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Tell me, who was that comment direct at?
A user called Battlefury13 on the Minecraft Forums.
oh I remember that. an that ship did look horrible but it could improve,
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Tell me, who was that comment direct at?
A user called Battlefury13 on the Minecraft Forums.
oh I remember that. an that ship did look horrible but it could improve,
I completely agree. That was a very amateur ship. But it didn't deserve what it got.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Could you like to the post, I have a feeling there's more too it.
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Could you like to the post, I have a feeling there's more too it.
Nope, that was your entire post. I'll look for it later; it's buried pretty deep.

EDIT, not very much later: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/710 ... __st__1520 Middle of the page. The original ship post is the first on the page.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm

I may be looking at the wrong picture but the corvette is just a 20x10 rectangle with a couple,of blocks of obby on top that are actually off centre a bit. It isn't a particularly nice thing to say, but constructive criticism is hard with that sort of thing, the post was probably fairly accurate due to the fact that saying "add curves" or add detail doesn't come close to describing the need for improvement.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Could you like to the post, I have a feeling there's more too it.
Nope, that was your entire post. I'll look for it later; it's buried pretty deep.

EDIT, not very much later: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/710 ... __st__1520 Middle of the page. The original ship post is the first on the page.
WHAT?! You actually wrote something like that on the Minecraft Forum Futurecraft thread?? Why would you do something like that? That thread is the gateway for most of the people that come to this forum and is the poster child of Futurecraft. You can be as offensive as you want over here is this forum, but you should never post anything negative in the Minecraft Forums. If we make ourselves look bad over there, then we'll never attract more quality modders like frostbyte or even just interested people like me!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:I may be looking at the wrong picture but the corvette is just a 20x10 rectangle with a couple,of blocks of obby on top that are actually off centre a bit. It isn't a particularly nice thing to say, but constructive criticism is hard with that sort of thing, the post was probably fairly accurate due to the fact that saying "add curves" or add detail doesn't come close to describing the need for improvement.
Oh, I agree. It was a pretty bad ship. But it wasn't a Crying Hot Ship; it represented honest effort (come to think of it, the Crying Hot Ship probably did too, but not even I'll defend that one).

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 pm

You seem to be under the impression that I'm actually a good person.
This is a signature.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:You seem to be under the impression that I'm actually a good person.
It's not a question of whether you're a "good person" or a "bad person", it's whether you're a good project manager or a bad project manager.

Up until now I've just assumed that you want to manage the production of this mod (futurecraft), and that you want it to be the best that it possibly can be. Is that accurate?

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:You seem to be under the impression that I'm actually a good person.
It's not a question of whether you're a "good person" or a "bad person", it's whether you're a good project manager or a bad project manager.

Up until now I've just assumed that you want to manage the production of this mod (futurecraft), and that you want it to be the best that it possibly can be. Is that accurate?
No. I have an obsession: an obsession to create. In conceiving Futurecraft, I was creating a means to pursue that obsession to a further degree, to take my design, and many others to the next level. We're here because I wanted a new way to innovate, to create, Futurecraft is a medium for my work, one which I hope attracts many minds, who will push the limits of creativity, both within the limits of Futurecraft and in creating Futurecraft itself. The only reason I still demand a leadership role is because I have a strong vision for Futurecraft, one that I am not willing to let people ruin.
This is a signature.

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

No. I have an obsession: an obsession to create. In conceiving Futurecraft, I was creating a means to pursue that obsession to a further degree, to take my design, and many others to the next level. We're here because I wanted a new way to innovate, to create, Futurecraft is a medium for my work, one which I hope attracts many minds, who will push the limits of creativity, both within the limits of Futurecraft and in creating Futurecraft itself. The only reason I still demand a leadership role is because I have a strong vision for Futurecraft, one that I am not willing to let people ruin.
tl;dr "Yes"
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 am

Dux_Tell31 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote: It's not a question of whether you're a "good person" or a "bad person", it's whether you're a good project manager or a bad project manager.

tl;dr "Yes"
That was a necro, and an unnecessary belittling of another member's post.
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

As you may have guessed, I haven't gotten anything done since last month. Life seems to have settled back down into the equilibrium of no progress that so much stuff seems to exist in.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:As you may have guessed, I haven't gotten anything done since last month. Life seems to have settled back down into the equilibrium of no progress that so much stuff seems to exist in.
Yeah, same here. But I sure do like seeing all the new stuff that everyone else has been building lately!