Last_Jedi_Standing Industries

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Re: Last_Jedi_Standing Industries

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:I wonder if the Star Wars galaxy every came in contact with the Ancients? I reckon that they should have a few episodes of Stargate Universe where Destiny flies through the Star Wars Galaxy, or an episode of Star Wars where they discover a Stargate on some planet. How awesome would that be?
Not at all, really.
Way to ruin my hopes and dreams. I'm going to enjoy watching you burn.
This is a signature.

Talon93
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Talon93

Post by Talon93 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:I wonder if the Star Wars galaxy every came in contact with the Ancients? I reckon that they should have a few episodes of Stargate Universe where Destiny flies through the Star Wars Galaxy, or an episode of Star Wars where they discover a Stargate on some planet. How awesome would that be?
Not at all, really.
Way to ruin my hopes and dreams. I'm going to enjoy watching you burn.
Oh no he didn't. :x
Anything can be learnt, it is simply how willing you are to learn.
Dramatic Bold Italic Underline!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Today I had trouble getting Team Fortress 2 to work, and as a direct result of that I made a lot of progress on the ship. Depending on how things go I might finish tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises because the last ~5 promises I've made about things like this have been wildly mistaken (I haven't forgotten about the LJSI content pack, either. That'll go with the infantry update, which will be next, methinks. But also no promises). As you may have guessed, although SPC has made this much easier it did not in fact allow me to finish the ship in fifteen minutes, as I predicted it would in the OP. But, I have made progress.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 am

My ship is @#$%ing ugly. Maybe it'll be better when it's painted...

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 am

:[

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Show us. Perhaps we'll be able to offer some constructive criticism.
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Show us. Perhaps we'll be able to offer some constructive criticism.
Mackeroth, you aren't constructive. You just hate. Anyway, I've already said that I don't want to post pictures before it's finished.

The basic problem with it is that it's just an ellipsoid with engines and cannons and stuff. Looks like a Torpedo Sphere, for those who know what that is.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Show us. Perhaps we'll be able to offer some constructive criticism.
Mackeroth, you aren't constructive. You just hate. Anyway, I've already said that I don't want to post pictures before it's finished.

The basic problem with it is that it's just an ellipsoid with engines and cannons and stuff. Looks like a Torpedo Sphere, for those who know what that is.
You know something? The first time I built the Banhammer, it looked like a giant ellipsoid with cannons and stuff. It looked horrible. I scrapped it, and then built one with Laserbilly's style. Then I scrapped that as well because it was a stolen premise.

And I don't "just hate". If you have a look at any of my posts on ship-threads (excluding the rare completely hopeless build), I give advice on how to improve designs, positive advice like: "I think you can do better", or "I think 'x' needs improving". "Hating", as you so bluntly accuse me of, is saying things like "I don't like it", or "it looks bad". Haters give no evidence and do nothing to help the person(s) they're criticizing. Most often when I do have something bad to say about a build, I also try and find something good about it to say as well, to balance my onslaught.

You'll probably call up my comment on Taco's dropship. And this is one of the rare cases where I was hating, because I do hate it, it looks horrible.
This is a signature.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Jedi's had a stick up his bum lately. I wouldn't think that much of his comment.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
And I don't "just hate". If you have a look at any of my posts on ship-threads (excluding the rare completely hopeless build), I give advice on how to improve designs, positive advice like: "I think you can do better", or "I think 'x' needs improving". "Hating", as you so bluntly accuse me of, is saying things like "I don't like it", or "it looks bad". Haters give no evidence and do nothing to help the person(s) they're criticizing. Most often when I do have something bad to say about a build, I also try and find something good about it to say as well, to balance my onslaught.

You'll probably call up my comment on Taco's dropship. And this is one of the rare cases where I was hating, because I do hate it, it looks horrible.
One of the first posts of yours that I ever saw, on February 7th, 2012, was:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:No. Go away, I do not like that ship, I do not wish to see it again. You will be able to defeat your enemies by blinding them.
Sometimes you may offer constructive criticism, but you certainly do also hate, and Taco's ship is far from the only example of that.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: And I don't "just hate". If you have a look at any of my posts on ship-threads (excluding the rare completely hopeless build), I give advice on how to improve designs, positive advice like: "I think you can do better", or "I think 'x' needs improving". "Hating", as you so bluntly accuse me of, is saying things like "I don't like it", or "it looks bad". Haters give no evidence and do nothing to help the person(s) they're criticizing. Most often when I do have something bad to say about a build, I also try and find something good about it to say as well, to balance my onslaught.

One of the first posts of yours that I ever saw, on February 7th, 2012, was:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:No. Go away, I do not like that ship, I do not wish to see it again. You will be able to defeat your enemies by blinding them.
Sometimes you may offer constructive criticism, but you certainly do also hate, and Taco's ship is far from the only example of that.
Tell me, who was that comment direct at?
This is a signature.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:[quote="Dr. Mackeroth"
cools I think?

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 am

blockman42 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:[quote="Dr. Mackeroth"
cools I think?
Cool3303? Wasn't he the one who made the 3x3 netherack box as his only ship and called it the flaming potato?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Tell me, who was that comment direct at?
A user called Battlefury13 on the Minecraft Forums.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 am

Do you ever let anything go?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]