Vinyl's Ships

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Vinyl's Ships

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Space Hitler wrote:Is this standard on military ships? :o
No, only on the luxury version (this one), the military version makes far better use of the compartments available.
But crew morale!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Space Hitler wrote:
Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Space Hitler wrote:Is this standard on military ships? :o
No, only on the luxury version (this one), the military version makes far better use of the compartments available.
But crew morale!
These are Hexalani armed forces, not Alliance soldiers. Just giving an orange paint job to the halls would be and is a great morale booster.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Space Hitler wrote:
Admiral Vinyl wrote: No, only on the luxury version (this one), the military version makes far better use of the compartments available.
But crew morale!
These are Hexalani armed forces, not Alliance soldiers. Just giving an orange paint job to the halls would be and is a great morale booster.
What if we paint the walls of the strip club orange?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Again, I made a thing in Space Engineers.
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Carrier? Colony ship? Transport? Mobile strip club?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Commander Error wrote:Carrier? Colony ship? Transport? Mobile strip club?
Military patrol cruiser. Unless you're a SE magician, you're going to need small ships, for which a hangar is needed to safely transport them. Launch tubes are always an option, but I prefer the interchangeability that a bay offers.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 am

Vinyl, have you ever tried to manually build turrets in SE?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 am

Unless your ship is literally flying PD, yeah, small ships are a must. Launch tubes -can- be interchangable (make it square, anything smaller than the dimensions of the tube fits), but hangars do have a certain class about them.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Vinyl, have you ever tried to manually build turrets in SE?
No, my game has never been able to handle (not a slideshow but not buildable) a ship that can suitable mount a player-controlled turret that along with the turrets I'd put on it.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:45 pm

One of the things I do when I'm bored is work on my ships.
So without further ado,

Haetrud-Class A/DUC
Spoiler:
The Haetrud-Class Assault/Diplomatic Ultra-Heavy Battlecruiser is the command element of many fleets, despite being just under 350 meters in length, not overly much more than the aging Onestys. Originally, the forces of the Expanses were grouped into only three major fleets, each split up further into battleclusters, battleclusters which foreigners would mistakenly call a fleet. The fleets were commanded by a set of dreadnoughts, and when the fleets were broken apart to allow for more flexibility in management, a dreadnought for every fleet could not be provided, so instead the closest cousin was put in its stead, the battlecruiser. While not technically a class, the title of battlecruiser is one bestowed to one fit of alone commanding a fleet. The Haetrud series represents the latest and greatest of their own technology, also incorporating several pieces of NeoRoman equipment into its engineering section. While also covered in laser mounts, the Haetrud mounts two MACs running the length of the ship, and are thusly often the most powerful in the fleet. While not as emotionally scarring as a Hexalani dreadnought, the Heatrud is still a force to be reckoned with.
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Vinyl.jpeg wrote:One of the things I do when I'm bored is work on my ships.
So without further ado,

Haetrud-Class A/DUC
Spoiler:
The Haetrud-Class Assault/Diplomatic Ultra-Heavy Battlecruiser is the command element of many fleets, despite being just under 350 meters in length, not overly much more than the aging Onestys. Originally, the forces of the Expanses were grouped into only three major fleets, each split up further into battleclusters, battleclusters which foreigners would mistakenly call a fleet. The fleets were commanded by a set of dreadnoughts, and when the fleets were broken apart to allow for more flexibility in management, a dreadnought for every fleet could not be provided, so instead the closest cousin was put in its stead, the battlecruiser. While not technically a class, the title of battlecruiser is one bestowed to one fit of alone commanding a fleet. The Haetrud series represents the latest and greatest of their own technology, also incorporating several pieces of NeoRoman equipment into its engineering section. While also covered in laser mounts, the Haetrud mounts two MACs running the length of the ship, and are thusly often the most powerful in the fleet. While not as emotionally scarring as a Hexalani dreadnought, the Heatrud is still a force to be reckoned with.
Spoiler:
It has a certain genay say really long boring tube qua about it.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Shadowcat wrote:It has a certain genay say really long boring tube qua about it.
Tubes fit through ships better. Also, I believe the phrase is "je ne sais quoi."

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Vinyl.jpeg wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:It has a certain genay say really long boring tube qua about it.
Tubes fit through ships better. Also, I believe the phrase is "je ne sais quoi."
Nope, I've decided to use phonetically correct english so that would be pronounced Jeh nE sAs qoy.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 am

Tubes can be fun.

Tubular, even.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral