NeoRoman Industries.

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
NeoRoman Industries.

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm

All my builds will go here. So check back often for more awesomeness!

The first (finished) item; The D-138 Assault Tank
Description
Spoiler:
The D-138 Assault Tank is a massive tank, first used during the Roman Civil War. A Destroyer-Class Fusion Coil Splicer sits atop it as it's main weapon. Generally reserved for star-ships, this gives the tank massive power against ground, naval, aerial, and space forces alike. Its hull is constructed of an alloy composed of Titanium, Beryllium, Nickel, and Tungsten, nicknamed Talloric Alloy. It's also reinforced with Graphene sheets and Silicon Carbide. This gives it amazing strength and the capabilities to resist all but the most potent weapons. It is also airtight, allowing it to be deployed in almost any environment. These can either be loaded off the ground or outfitted with engines and dropped from orbit. Tests show the tank has survived reentry with minimal damage, but the same cannot be said for the fragile electronics and crew. The potency of its main cannon is enough to warrant it for use in defense, where larger, more permanent defenses cannot be created within an acceptable timescale. It can climb over most obstacles and is generally accompanied by a battalion of smaller tanks and infantry.
Pictures
Spoiler:
Exterior
[url=http://postimage.org/image/kbmxiwqr7/]Image[/url]

[url=http://postimage.org/image/7ya3c012r/]Image[/url]

[url=http://postimage.org/image/w3astpldf/]Image[/url]

[url=http://postimage.org/image/8dld50n03/]Image[/url]

Interior- Control Area
[url=http://postimage.org/image/mlb1tnzoz/]Image[/url]

Interior-Reactor
[url=http://postimage.org/image/9v6tgkrqr/]Image[/url]
By the way, click to enlarge.

If you have good eyes, you may see my unfinished Destroyer in the background.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: NeoRoman Industries.

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 pm

It's so small.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Click the picture to enlarge, Da? Good.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Click the picture to enlarge, Da? Good.
Not the pic, the tank. Well, at least it is small for an assault tank
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:Well, at least it is small for an assault tank
Yeah, it kind of is.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

25x9x12. Most of my houses aren't even that big. I highly doubt anything bigger would be able to get around at ALL. So yes, it's a big tank. DEAL WITH IT.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:03 pm

my main assault tank is about 4 times as large as that

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:26 pm

My main battle tanks were... acquired from the Futureville City Defense. In a [lie]non[/lie]hostile maneuver via a recon drone.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re:

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Vinyl wrote:My main battle tanks were... acquired from the Futureville City Defense. In a [lie]non[/lie]hostile maneuver via a recon drone.
I thought I shot those down a few days ago?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Vinyl wrote:My main battle tanks were... acquired from the Futureville City Defense. In a [lie]non[/lie]hostile maneuver via a recon drone.
Did you get the high atmosphere ones?

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Vinyl wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Did you get the high atmosphere ones?
I think I got those too when I used your drones as target practice for the defense gunners.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:02 pm

blockman42 wrote:I think I got those too when I used your drones as target practice for the defense gunners.
What about the ones in low orbit?

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 am

Vinyl wrote:
blockman42 wrote:I think I got those too when I used your drones as target practice for the defense gunners.
What about the ones in low orbit?
I smashed into those as I was launching the fleet into the upper atmosphere to destroy the upper atmosphere drones...

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am

First off, you're [-] THIS close to each getting a warning point for off topic. Second, Vinyl you don't HAVE ANY TANKS. So your argument is INVALID. Third, Block, I bet that my tank would win against any of yours. Why? Mine are small enough that they would get in your tank's blind spots, shoot the wheels, and then fire away. Your main cannons are so large and ridiculous that they couldn't hit anything within 500 meters away from the tank. I would run circles around you. Fourth, your tanks do not have any specifications or fan fiction or descriptions or ANYTHING. Fifth, they would be ridiculously expensive to produce due to their size. Sixth, they are massively big targets, so big that a caveman could spot them from 5 miles away. Thanks for being a whopping big target mate. Seventh, they are likely ridiculously slow, so mobilizing them from their parking lot would take ages. Makes a few nukes very effective. Eighth, their main turret is ridiculously large and would take ages to spin around. I can just run about it with a small frigate and you couldn't do anything. Ninth, the tank can be easily infiltrated and destroyed by any amateur team, as there are so many blind spots and weak spots that make it rather fragile. And last, their cannons are so powerful that attempting to destroy any ground forces would likely result in the destruction of most of the terrain and/or city. Making them useless if you need to defend a city and keep it intact.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm

And I say you both loose to me because I nuke the h-e-l-l (Why this word is censored ???? ) out of you (couse I'm against planets) and couse I said so ! J/ks, it is ridiculous to try and say who wins. In fact neither of you actually win in urban conditions with tanks because tanks are designed for battle in open fields rather then urban conditions, where their mobility is quite limited and they are vulnerable from pretty much any direction (at least within your fiction. In fact there is a special turret mounted on Israeli vehicles that intercepts incoming projectiles even in urban conditions, but I guess you never went down to those details and actually installed one :tongue: )
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN