NeoRoman Industries.

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: NeoRoman Industries.

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:03 am

Professor Fenway wrote:The NR-2 is 21x11x8 (LxWxH). I say the standard crate should be 20x10x10, and minor some deviations for specific nations are fine. Just so long as the crate is very similar to the standard size. All Cargo Freighters should be able to shift their locks in order to accommodate for different sizes (From 17x7x7 to 23x13x13). Anything outside that is not standard.
If we did decide on a standard crate size, I would hope that it would be 25^3, since that's what I've based all my builds on. However, I don't think it's necessary to have a universally standard crate size outside of a faction. I do, however, believe that a standard airlock/coupling should be agreed upon.

I propose that the standard man-sized airlock/coupling should look like this:
Spoiler:
And an industrial sized coupling equaling 5m high by 7m wide, rather than 3x3m as in the example above.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Re: NeoRoman Industries

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Professor Fenway wrote:The NR-2 is 21x11x8 (LxWxH). I say the standard crate should be 20x10x10, and minor some deviations for specific nations are fine. Just so long as the crate is very similar to the standard size. All Cargo Freighters should be able to shift their locks in order to accommodate for different sizes (From 17x7x7 to 23x13x13). Anything outside that is not standard.
If we did decide on a standard crate size, I would hope that it would be 25^3, since that's what I've based all my builds on. However, I don't think it's necessary to have a universally standard crate size outside of a faction. I do, however, believe that a standard airlock/coupling should be agreed upon.

Spoiler:
And an industrial sized coupling equaling 5m high by 7m wide, rather than 3x3m as in the example above.
Yeah that would almost certainly be necsecary, otherwise you would have to revert do Magog style boarding tactics (from andromeda) to use a diplomatic ship, or if included in the mod, to board someone.

I love the light assault craft btw,it looks kinda like a improved version of a halo pelican

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Spoiler:
Should it be a 3x3 piston door, or just that big with another secondary door?
This is a signature.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Spoiler:
Should it be a 3x3 piston door, or just that big with another secondary door?
Each side should have a 3x3 door a couple meters from the opening to make it an airlock.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 am

You do realize how annoying 3x3 doors are to build, don't you?
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 am

Who needs doors when you can walk through walls.

That said, the best doors I've been able to make were made with the zeppelin mod, or ugocraft.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am

My Raven was equipped with the following:

HIGH
06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I
01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1
01 x SALVAGER I

MEDIUM
04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS
01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM
01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER

LOW
01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL
01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I
01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I
02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I

DRONES
02 x WARRIOR I DRONES
03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES

UPGRADES
01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I
01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I

Edit:
I thought that anyone would know this. Ok I'll tell you the story.

A time ago in the EVE forums a member posted a thread in which he wanted to know how he could improve the ship, because he died a lot.
So he was asked to say what he attached to his raven. He posted it, but a bug caused that he came into a post loop. The next three pages were full with his description. But that was just one effect, the second was, that this randomly appeared in other threads. And after some time the members began to randomly post this in other threads. Just for the lulz.

I'm sorry. :(
If you want to you can ban me for some time so that I won't make this mistake again :x
Last edited by Julo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Please let me know how this is on-topic, Julo. A PM will do.

I just use 2x2 flush piston doors; you don't really need anything more than that.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Hey Julo, I just checked your page. No Raven there. If you're going to argue about a non-existent ship, and say it's better than mine, you need solid proof that you built it and it can HOLD and USE all the items you described.

Your argument is invalid.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:piston doors
Piston... doors? I don't follow.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 pm

In a flush piston door, you use sticky pistons to pull blocks back and to the side, thereby creating a passage where a wall used to be. I used them for all the airlocks in my new ship that I have yet to finish completely.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:Please let me know how this is on-topic, Julo. A PM will do.

I just use 2x2 flush piston doors; you don't really need anything more than that.
Yeah, I guess having the standard be 2x2 could work just as well (maybe even better, seeing as doors are 2m high). I just prefer to have odd numbers so I can center the doors on my 25m wide container...

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:54 pm

can you put all your builds on your first topic
because its really hard to find at the moment

and do i understand correctly
you have a destroyer
and a assault ship
and a tank

is that all you got or do you have more
because i couldnt find anything more exept a crate

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:32 am

Don't necro
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: