The Great Celestial Fleet of Nova (name is a WIP)

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: The Great Celestial Fleet of Nova (name is a WIP)

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:37 am

Brony heretic, that pernis art will only be there for a few days before the sand storms wash it away. Feel the temporality of * art in that description.

As for heretical brony's alien/human genitalia ship project, I have to say that I completely distanced myself once I saw the part about inspired by MLP. My advice is to take that out, it will likely be better without that. I'd also say to disregard all the capitals of Europe built in the style of Versailles; Rococo is the devil, and Baroque style is bad enough.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:42 am

Freud was was entirely correct.

And I guess phallic is the default ship design. Maybe buck the trend? A nose-heavy design, or Lexx-style.... wait, no, lexx is an inverted *. *.
Spoiler:
[Sigh] Ach, I will say this once.

Regardless of your opinion, please stop referring to people as heretics, bronies, or similar. If you wish to call them names, you may do so inside your own head.

Thank you.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 am

But we can still call console peasants heretics, right?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 am

The rule says to not antagonize other forum members and AFAIK we have no console-people.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Why is my ship thread full of discussion of phallic shapes?

It seems that you've got it all wrong. The ship flies the other way; the wide end is at the front, and it has a long trailing tail. The design is based on a stingray, actually. Although,\ the quick shape plan I whipped up last night could be interpreted as a phallic object, if one is looking for it. Which I wasn't. My bad, I'll put more thought into my drawings in the future.
This is a signature.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Right!!! I've finished the plan. I'm quite proud of my work. It took me a good 6 hours to draw this all, and another 4 to design the entire thing in my head beforehand. Any comments that do not involve phallic shapes or my status as a heretic are welcome. I know that rules out half of what you guys have to say, but I'm sure you can find something. Because I drew this at great personal expense and that makes me happy. So be kind, please.
Sorry it looks like a mosaic, by the way- I had to collage the entire thing together in Photoshop from the parts that I drew. Also, a lot of the detail is blurry. But that's fine, because it wasn't supposed to be any more than a hint at what the final detail may look like- just to aid in the overall design for it.

Enjoy!!

If you want a bigger picture, try this link (it may not work, so please tell me if it doesn't):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10337989506 ... 6562064518
This is a signature.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Link gives an error.

...stop staring at me please.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Despite having trouble not seeing it backwards, it looks fine I guess? Not much a fan of the airy/avian type design. And from the pics, neither the color scheme.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Looks very nice. Though I wonder how it'll look once minecraftised.

Link doesn't work, by the way.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:04 pm

Can't see the forest from all those trees, Im not sure you will be able to convey the shape well like that. You need to tone down all the noise around that shape, nothing is wrong with leaving clean "empty" parts that emphasise the shape, leaving the rest to the details. BTW when it comes to details dont go too excentric either, they should make sense and not stick out too much.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Bugger. It was a slim chance that the link would actual work, but I still was hoping that it would. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until my morning (8 hours from now) until I can fix it.

I will admit it's not a design that's typical of spaceships. Think of it more of a steampunk airship. Just one that goes in space.

It's large enough that it'll look fine in Minecraft. It's about 2000 blocks long and the same in girth. Because of this size, there will be plenty of blank space on this ship, don't worry. A lot more than on previous builds, that's for sure. If anything, I'm worried about leaving so much blank space, but I know that this design needs blankness and that I need to cut back on the greeble. There are some parts where the blank stretches for well over 100 blocks, which is unheard of for me.

Also, whoever mentioned something about the colour scheme: gold (yellow) and purple are complimentary colour, and White is neutral, in theory it should work fine. In my opinion, anything beets grey (actually not really, plenty of good ships are grey)

I do here your guys' comments. I will endeavour to reduce the greebling if necessary, but I think I need to physically start the build so you can get an idea of scale/ 3D composition before I make any final decisions.
This is a signature.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:36 pm

If it's 2000 blocks long... that's awfully flat, isn't it?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:14 pm

>says it's not genitals
>labels width as girth
But that's none of my business.

It's not that the colors don't work, I'm just not a fan of the ones you picked. Maybe if you made it grey with hints of orange and white... maybe...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Not Hexalan, not orange. Gold-purple-grey/white, or gold-red-grey/white should be fine. Besides, it is Mack's ship.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Black, gold and purple. My three cents.