The Freeholds Of Valyria

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan
The Freeholds Of Valyria

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 pm

A thread of ships i have built, sorry for the appauling quality of the fluff on this post, im no good at things like that :( Its relitively usefull though, so you might want to read it :)

Ship sizing system:
Spoiler:
5-25 blocks-fighter
25-75 blocks-pinnace
75-150 blocks-corvette
150-225 blocks-frigate
225-400 blocks-light cruiser
400-900 blocks- heavy cruiser
900-1500 blocks-dreadnaught.
1500-2500 blocks-destroyer
2500-4000+ blocks-Titan

Carrier/freighter sizng:
300-500 blocks-Light carrier
500-900 blocks carrier
900-1500 blocks-fleet carrier
The first age of exploration (old stuff):

This was the age in which the Ayleids first stepped out into space and began exploring thier solar system, this continued smoothly untill they accidentally awakened an old AI controlled Slyth ship, which anihalated their society before self destucting over the Ayleids greatest city due to a perceived danger.

Darkrend class pinnace:
Spoiler:
Lenth:45 blocks (think this is right as i count everything manually)
Class: corvette
Width:21 blocks
Weight:1231 blocks
Role: Extreme fireballing to death, light bombing.
Pictures:

Mk II lightning prototype:
Spoiler:
The Mk II uses advanced lightning portals which siphon power directly from the hellish realm known as the nether. All this is used to power the engines, allowing the ship to travel much faster than almost all FTL drives using minimal resources, the engines are also able to channel all their power via the ships power grid into the ships only weapon, the giant lightning cannon the ship is named for. This can destroy almost all ships up to small cruisers, however due to the conduits being external because of the extreme heat and radiation they emit, they can be targeted and destroyed relitively easily once the shields go down, causing massive core overload. This means that the ship must be protected at all times, otherwise the loss of a entire fleet is highly likely due to the cores overload causing a hell portal to consume the surrounding area.
Lenth:57 blocks
Width:25 blocks
Weight:1946
Role: Killing large (ish) ships, preferably the enemy.

The Cannon

Cockpit

Engine room

Exsanguination class corvette:
Spoiler:

Narcist class light freighter:
Spoiler:
Lenth: 95 blocks
Width:35 blocks
Weight:3371 blocks
Role: Light freighter (carrying small mechs, medium tanks and troops to battle)

Without cargo container:

with cargo container:

More Pics:

Mosquito light dropship:
Spoiler:
Lenth: 35 blocks
Width: 13
Drive: High speed sublight drive (designed to be carried in a battle freighter that i am currently working on)
Weapons: 2 engine cowel mounted mk 1 lasers.
Capacity: 17 men

Andromeda class frigate:
Spoiler:
Lenth: 130 blocks
Width: 33 blocks
Height: 17 blocks
Role: Intorceptor
Propulsion: Epic amazing engines of speed, basically very good engines for a ship of its size.
Armament: 4 rear facing High yeild AP lasers. 2 forward facing low yeild plasma cannons (the plasma cannons are designed to ionise the ships atmosphere after the lasers have breached the hull)
Tactics: After intercepting the enemy and initiating a short battle, the ship will pretend to run away, and fake being crippeled using a device designed to fool sensors into detecting massive overloads, unfortunately this folls the ships own sensors as well. The ship will then use the lasers to breach the enemy hull before turning around and using the plasma cannons to ionise its atmosphere.

Pics:

Bridge:

Rest of interior: coming soon :)
The Second Age (some slightly less old stuff):

After the near complete destruction of their civilisation, the Ayleids started to focus more on technological advancement rather than exploration in the hope that they might be able to destroy some of the old Slyth ships that litter their home solar system after the fall of their empire over 3 million years before the Ayleids came to exist.
Spoiler:
R5 Atmopheric Fighter:
Spoiler:
For killing people and other fighters, Pics:

Auraxis class light cruiser:
Spoiler:
Lenth: 226 blocks
Width: 85 blocks
Armament: 2 three metre diametre nova cannons, 4 medium missile launchers, 15 R5 fighters and 5 hovertanks.
Speed: sublight 75 percent of light speed. Slipstream drive for FTL.

Pics:

Exterior:

Hanger entrance:

Engines:

Launch bay/fighters:

Hovertanks:

Cannon:

Missile launcher:

Bridge:
Unamed dreadnaught:
Spoiler:
[url=http://postimage.org/]Image[/url]
R6 Fighter:
Spoiler:
Pics:
Eviscaration class pinnace:
Spoiler:
Lenth:60 blocks
Width:26 blocks
Armament:Two 2 metre diametre plasma mortars

Pics:

Engine room:

cockpit:

The 3rd Age (my new, cheatier stuff :P):

After the Auraxis class had proven itself as an effective tool in subduing the now near constant attacks of the smaller Slyth ships, rumours began to emerge of the Slyth's lost treasure- a 5000 metre long flying fortress; the greatest ship the Slyth ever built. The Ayleids knew that destroying this would be counter productive, and began two work on new weapons that could control the ship for a short period of time, long enough for the engineers to get on board and disable the AI. The result of these projects were the Exsanguination class light cruiser and the Imperius class Destroyer, both built using salvaged Slyth technology. After the salvaging of the Slyth Capitol ship, these ships were mass produced and modified for war, and have both been proven highly effective.

Exsanguination class Light Crusier (95% done):
Spoiler:
Imperius class Destroyer 80% done:
Spoiler:
[url=http://postimage.org/image/4xaybkpgd/full/]Image[/url]
Slyth Capitol ship (0% done, waiting for eihort to update 10 1.5):
Spoiler:
Last edited by MrTargareyan on Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: The Slyth Dominion

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Mmmm....crunchy.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I lilt the design of this ship. However, a complicated design never looks good if it is made entirely out of full blocks. Use slabs and steps to smooth out roughy lines, and to add interest.
This is a signature.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm

It has a good form, but it looks too sleek to be really steam punk or even have a real dark and industrial feel.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

deliciously steampunky

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 pm

WEll it's the steampunk texture pack ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Iv121 wrote:WEll it's the steampunk texture pack ...
yeah I sorta failed at steam punk due to the fact that I didn't really know what it looked like, I just had a vague idea of everything looking like the future had developed in a different sorta way, spaceships but with no flat screen tvs, touchscreens or circuit boards, just a giant sprawling mess of slightly arcane looking "electronics", although it's not quite what it says on the tin I definitely prefer it to my previous stuff on the old forum.

@mackeroth I agree about the smaller blocks actually, maybe I should find a redpower compatible version of this texture pack?

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Iv121 wrote:WEll it's the steampunk texture pack ...
yeah I sorta failed at steam punk due to the fact that I didn't really know what it looked like, I just had a vague idea of everything looking like the future had developed in a different sorta way, spaceships but with no flat screen tvs, touchscreens or circuit boards, just a giant sprawling mess of slightly arcane looking "electronics", although it's not quite what it says on the tin I definitely prefer it to my previous stuff on the old forum.

@mackeroth I agree about the smaller blocks actually, maybe I should find a redpower compatible version of this texture pack?
No. You don't need the Redpower blocks. One can build fine looking ships without them, so why fix what isn't broken? For steampunk inspiration, look to Warhammer 40k.
This is a signature.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote: No. You don't need the Redpower blocks. One can build fine looking ships without them, so why fix what isn't broken? For steampunk inspiration, look to Warhammer 40k.
40k... I used to play that game quite a bit but never really liked the imperium, more of a dark eldar sorta person. I like the imperium ships but am not quite sure about how to modify them to make them less grand, hmm it will be interesting to see what my 40k inspired ship will look like, hopefully I won't fail to badly. Any suggestions on toning down the imperial 40k ships would be great :)

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 pm

the new ship looks good, but if you want to destrory large ships you need to make stuff was bigger, like y quad!

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 am

MrTargareyan wrote:Any suggestions on toning down the imperial 40k ships would be great :)
Reduce the detailing on the ships; take the body design and modify the bridge. I'm a Dark Eldar and Grey Knights player, by the way :P

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:18 am

Here is the proggress on the 40k inspired one... i really dont like it i have done an awful job, any help on whether or not this is salvagable or if i should just scrap it would be nice, at the moment it is about 74 blocks long... a small destroyer maybe? Also anyone who can guess which battlefleet gothic ship this was origionally meant to be is a genius lol. Anyway here is the abomination in all its ugliness:
Spoiler:

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 pm

your new ships look a lot better than your old ships!

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Laserbilly wrote:your new ships look a lot better than your old ships!
Thanks, any suggestions on making my wip ship look better would be useful, at the moment it looks a bit like a giant pointy cucumber repainted by a goth :s

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:12 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:your new ships look a lot better than your old ships!
Thanks, any suggestions on making my wip ship look better would be useful, at the moment it looks a bit like a giant pointy cucumber repainted by a goth :s
Don't be silly, everyone knows goths are allergic to cucumbers
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: