Sky Corp. Vehicular Constructions

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Re: Sky Corp. Vehicular Constructions

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:58 am

This is on topic, though.

We're getting this motherducker to use techne. (^-^)/
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:05 pm

I think I would rather rip my eyes out then use techne for vehicles. Use something with .obj and figure out how to texture it.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel similarly, but with techne the stuff is at least potentially useful for something other than exhibition.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:03 pm

I figured out how to texture .obj biggest pain in my ass ever. Must be doing it wrong
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

SkyMech
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Mech2475
Location:In the place between my headquarters and your imminent doom.

Post by SkyMech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:You mentioned regulary release scedules.
Please don't, rushed stuff usually turns out horrible.
Also, I agree with the other members, stuff usually looks best above a certain size.
Fighters are almost impossible to make look good, shuttles are hard.
Corvettes are good for starters, maybe a frigate.
Oh, and also if you got here by some way from the MC-forums post, that one is horribly outdated and no longer accurately reflects our plans.
It never was meant as more than a first concept and at this point is completely pointless. The person who made it has also left, so we can't make changes to it anymore either.
I don't rush much I will only upload completed ships... Unless I'm showing off a new dreadnought design, something like that.
To the second point, Fighters, I just feel you need at least a couple so that you have a purpose to build carrier ships.
Corvettes will be something I'm working on soon, actually.
I knew the system was outdated... After checking for a few months, as it was still the same.
prototype wrote:For fighters, use micro blocks or something. Or if you feel adventurous give Techne a go.
Okay... For one, I have no patience to build a fighter like a dreadnought... It'll be bad enough building a dreadnought. Secondly, looking at Techne, it also seems very complicated, if not to use then to learn to use. So I may just pass on using either.
prototype wrote:Back to topic, I think bibliocraft allows you to cut blocks up into smaller blocks.
No, not really. Just add fanciness.

Oh, I also like how you're all discussing how I should model ships or something like that... It won't work. I'm stubborn.
I have no signature. What you are reading is what I call a failed attempt at life. Which is what I also say about some people.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Fighters are almost impossible to make look good
pfft, I can pull it off.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Well, you could do like me, decide that you're not good at making ships and that it's boring anyways, and just stop doing it.
Unless you're good, or at least half-decent, at making ships, and you don't think it's boring. If you like what you're doing don't quit.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 pm

If you don’t try you don’t improve, just be able to take a step back and evaluate your work, or take criticism.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

SkyMech
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SkyMech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Iv121 wrote:If you don’t try you don’t improve, just be able to take a step back and evaluate your work, or take criticism.
I completely agree with this.
I have no signature. What you are reading is what I call a failed attempt at life. Which is what I also say about some people.

SkyMech
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SkyMech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm stating this once: I will not be on this weekend. I will be on afterwards, but consider the weekends my break-time... If I so choose. I will upload new ships every Friday. Until Monday though, Enjoy what I got. (Ignore the online tag, never shut this computer off much)

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Or do like I and just design things. There's not much work involved and it's a more accurate medium.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Every Friday? I like to take a week to think of ideas and then binge build for 2 days.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 pm

blockman42 wrote:Every Friday? I like to take a week to think of ideas and then binge build for 2 days.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Depends on your ship size, I saw ppl sitting on corvettes for days ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

SkyMech
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SkyMech » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:09 pm

I chose every Friday so I'd have time to build all I know I'm going to want to build.