The Freeholds Of Valyria

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: The Guns of the Ayleid's

Post by Laserbilly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:56 am

I honestly like them all. I think it's cool that you could have color-coded squadrons of heavy frigates zooming about in packs.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Laserbilly wrote:I honestly like them all. I think it's cool that you could have color-coded squadrons of heavy frigates zooming about in packs.
Thanks, but i hate the glowstone one, grrrr, if i was going to have more than one colour i would only have 3 though, my races empire is actually supposed to be quite small, it just has an enormous fleet for its size; so i wanted it to feel fairly unified. Anyways, i started work on the cruiser, its in blue at the moment but that will be changed when i decide on a webbing colour, also, i hate it; it looks like a conduit exploded on the bow. Im happy i put so many pointless spikes on it though, it means i can hide about a million enormous laser/plasma cannons >:D Anyway, here it is so far (Very WIP), suggestions for making it look less horrible would be helpful :) Also the thing that looks like stone in the curved bow bit is acually glass for the bridge; it looks weird in eihort :(

Pic:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm

It's very pointy. How much of the external did you build by hand?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm

what about a grey overlay thingy

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 am

catsonmeth wrote:It's very pointy. How much of the external did you build by hand?
Absolutely none, that's why I wanted to do detailing; unfortunately there is no /detail command, so I am having to do that entirely by hand. :s

@blockman do you mean changing the detailing to be grey? Because I can do that in 2 secs once it's done :)

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 am

MrTargareyan wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:It's very pointy. How much of the external did you build by hand?
Absolutely none, that's why I wanted to do detailing; unfortunately there is no /detail command, so I am having to do that entirely by hand. :s

@blockman do you mean changing the detailing to be grey? Because I can do that in 2 secs once it's done :)
Yes the detailing

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Yes the detailing
Kk, I can do the detailing in pretty much any colour anyone wants, it only takes 2 secs to change, apart from pink; I don't want a pink death machine. I won,t actually be getting anything done for a coupe of days though as I am working on a dungeon based adventure map :) if anyone wants the download though I can post a link when it's done. :D I've just noticed I'm becoming addicted to smiles as well, I've made about 3 posts that didn't contain at least 2 in the past month xD

Edit__________________
I have just found the first ship i ever made, and its hidious :D Its amazing looking back on your first ships and seeng how crap you were :)
Pic:

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Finished the detailing on the cruiser, Suggestions would be great as it looks horribly over-busy at the back -_-

Pic:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

I like it

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 am

After becoming addicted to simcity for a fortnight, i have actually got something done :D I have been working on a ship based of the skiff from eve online, anyway, here are the engine covers (im turning the ship the other way round cos i thought it looked like it was flying backwards) They are covered in energy weapons as im making this a serial killer rather than i mining ship, pic:

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/20130328161329.png/]Image[/url]

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 am

Finished the skiff thing, I am quite happy with it but sugestions for the centre top would be great as it looks quite bland :) It is a light cruiser at 270 blocks long, but virtually every little circular indent is a missile of a laser, so it actually has 36 2x2 missile launchers, 20 larger ones, 3 enormous MAC lasers, 6 smaller Mac lasers and one MAC laser cluster on the side. The ship also has guns on virtually every side, so it has no blind spots. And the great thing is, because most of these are lasers; and the missiles use spacial manipulation propulsion, the guns have no recoil. So it is entirely possible to fire them all at once since it is powered by an Anti-Matter reactor; giving it virtually unlimited power. Anyway heres the pic, i never knew how much detailing can improve a ship; even if i havent done it very well. Before i put it on this thing was soooooooo ugly it was unbelievable.

Pics:

*Pics temporarily deleted
Last edited by MrTargareyan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rekiin
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:The A.S.E

Post by Rekiin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:13 am

What the fluff is a MAC laser?

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:21 am

An enourmous laser that would be considered an MAC

Rekiin
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:The A.S.E

Post by Rekiin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:03 am

I was under the impression that MACs were kinetic weapons, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 am

I think that one is your best ship yet! I like the shape and the detailing, both look really good.

Also, MAC is an acronym for Mass Accelerator Cannon. Calling it a MAC implies that it is a Cannon that Accelerates Mass at its target. I have no idea how it could accelerate a mass of lasers, but I would love to read the science fiction your write to explain it! ^-^