Requesting a second Moderator

Bans and unjust moderation are to be appealed here.

Second mod?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 9

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Requesting a second Moderator

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:01 pm

I think we have found that Error has moderating habits that are not very popular among the average forum user.
In the current, one-moderator case, any appeals will only be viewed by one moderator (in this case, Error) who may make decisions conflicting with the general opinion on the forum and therefore destabilizing the community. I therefore suggest a second Moderator be elected/chosen in order to have the possibility of balancing the moderation.

Current Candidates:

Ivan2006 (me)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Re: Requesting a second Moderator

Post by Iv121 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Before we do anything like that I would like to reqest from you to postpond this suggestion for 24 hours.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Iv121 wrote:Before we do anything like that I would like to reqest from you to postpond this suggestion for 24 hours.
Agreed due to new stuff happening.
Postponed.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Lets find a peaceful resolution people.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm

If this is still a standing request, which I think it is, I nominate CMA as my counterpart or replacement.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 pm

I'd agree, if I didn't kinda want to be a mod too.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 pm

You're not allowed to nominate people, Error.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:If this is still a standing request, which I think it is, I nominate CMA as my counterpart or replacement.
Entire forum was:

after ans months.

Thanks though, I appreciate it, and I probably would be a pretty decent mod if given the power.
Last edited by CMA on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Technically speaking, I have the power to override a ruling if the great majority of forum users are against it, as per the forum rules. But I feel electing a second mod would be a better solution. Much of the problem here, from what I can tell, is an issue of how tightly we should interpret the rules. I might draw a parallel to the difference between the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans in early America; simply speaking, Error interprets the rules somewhat loosely, whereas most of the rest of the forum seems to be in favor of having a mod that interprets the rules exactly as written (i.e. who does nothing which is not explicitly allowed by the rules, thereby moderating much less than a mod who goes by implied or extraneous guidelines).

I hope this makes sense. It's nearly midnight and I can hardly think straight.

I nominate either Ivan or CMA.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Tau wrote:Technically speaking, I have the power to override a ruling if the great majority of forum users are against it, as per the forum rules. But I feel electing a second mod would be a better solution. Much of the problem here, from what I can tell, is an issue of how tightly we should interpret the rules. I might draw a parallel to the difference between the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans in early America; simply speaking, Error interprets the rules somewhat loosely, whereas most of the rest of the forum seems to be in favor of having a mod that interprets the rules exactly as written (i.e. who does nothing which is not explicitly allowed by the rules, thereby moderating much less than a mod who goes by implied or extraneous guidelines).

It's basically the opposite of that, or at least both groups interpret the rules rather loosely, but in different ways. Error was enforcing the rules by locking threads. I believe that, in our situation, it would be best to work for the community rather than the rules, considering that we're about 15 strong in a good month and technicalities/locking threads doesn't get us any closer to stability.

Also why Ivan/CMA and not me? Not that I have anything against Ivan being a mod, just that I kind of started this whole thing. And I've wanted to be a mod for a year. I could represent the GMs too, since we don't have any actual power. CMA wouldn't really be a very good choice to balance Error considering that he backed Error's side during the "STOP LOCKING THREADS" thread. Don't mean to sound like a selfish, whiny toddler, but hey.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:24 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Tau wrote:Technically speaking, I have the power to override a ruling if the great majority of forum users are against it, as per the forum rules. But I feel electing a second mod would be a better solution. Much of the problem here, from what I can tell, is an issue of how tightly we should interpret the rules. I might draw a parallel to the difference between the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans in early America; simply speaking, Error interprets the rules somewhat loosely, whereas most of the rest of the forum seems to be in favor of having a mod that interprets the rules exactly as written (i.e. who does nothing which is not explicitly allowed by the rules, thereby moderating much less than a mod who goes by implied or extraneous guidelines).

It's basically the opposite of that, or at least both groups interpret the rules rather loosely, but in different ways. Error was enforcing the rules by locking threads. I believe that, in our situation, it would be best to work for the community rather than the rules, considering that we're about 15 strong in a good month and technicalities/locking threads doesn't get us any closer to stability.

Also why Ivan/CMA and not me? Not that I have anything against Ivan being a mod, just that I kind of started this whole thing. And I've wanted to be a mod for a year. I could represent the GMs too, since we don't have any actual power. CMA wouldn't really be a very good choice to balance Error considering that he backed Error's side during the "STOP LOCKING THREADS" thread. Don't mean to sound like a selfish, whiny toddler, but hey.
I wasn't trying to defend whatever it was he did, just that it seemed pretty irrelevant and overall he's been a pretty good mod.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:59 am

urrhhmm.
ACH and Iv were good mods. I don't see anything wrong with CMA. I probably should have read more but that is what I have to say.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:21 am

The problem is that nominating another mod won't solve it in the long run, instead you should nominate a judge. As a judge in his own right doesn't have any powers it is fine to nominate them for a long period of time, a judge can only cancel actions done by mods and admins, he cannot create them himself.

Also I don’t remember saying your exam is over Mr. Moderator ...

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 am

Iv121 wrote:Also I don’t remember saying your exam is over Mr. Moderator ...
^This.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:18 am

I'd like to nominate myself as mod. To support my campaign, think about the other people and what they've done and stuff.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: