Alt account ban?

Bans and unjust moderation are to be appealed here.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Alt account ban?

Post by Iv121 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Whether you suggest Im stupid or not doesn't depend on our English knowledge ,in our case its subtext. You don't say Im stupid, you treat me like one which I naturally disapprove. The way I speak is weird, the way I get things sometimes is weird, however my English is not nearly as flawed as you are led to believe. Most of my mistakes are: [From the most common to the less common, rare mistakes always happen but those are exceptions that could happen with anyone so we won't discuss em]

1. Typos like misplaced letters and random words I forget to remove after rephrasing a sentence etc.

2. Spelling mistakes because I tend to write things as I hear em even though I know how they are actually written most of the time. Its especially terrible in IRC chats where I often repeat the same word 2 to 3 times because after posting em I immediately notice they were horribly misspelled, sometimes turning into different words entirely.

3. Mixup of tenses and stuff especially in free-form speech. There I mostly use past simple in places I should have used present perfect and past perfect (You know … the way NORMAL people are supposed to speak :P ). Also I have noticed that English has a problem describing past events where the narrator refers to present or future events from his point of view back in that past. “He said that he would come to see her the following day if she agreed to help him at the current moment” instead of “He said that he will come to see her tomorrow if she agrees to help him right now” as it usually goes in other languages. Perhaps Im just stupid here because I remember my teachers and other ppl giving diff advices on the matter but I never got any of it.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:22 pm

There wasn't any subtext, Iv. Really, I swear. If I wanted to call you stupid, it would look like "Iv, you're an idiot." Anything short of that should be taken at face value: the Internet is a poor place to attempt subtlety, and I'm not trying to imply anything I don't say.

But you might want to reconsider using "ppl" in a post about how well you speak English. :P
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:32 pm

I think this has served it's purpose by now. Lock perhaps?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Locked, finally. Sorry for the delay.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.