Cities, NPCs, and vehicles.

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Cities, NPCs, and vehicles.

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Not at all, it only means which subtext to use, believe me it is much harder to make the mandatory 70% of the AI that handles stuff like combat, adding a bunch of text bubbles from a preset database is easy, in that part most of the job is done by whoever writes the texts.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Iv, you keep saying these things would be easy, yet you don't provide proof. If it's so easy, do it and then we'll talk.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 am

Im not going to do it on demand you know. I say it is easy because I already have an image of how to make it in my mind, the problem is that every single one of those things is always based on things that have to be done prior to that, without anything to build from I cannot immediately jump to the good stuff you know. It is just a matter of how much experience you got with programming, my experience is not that high but it is enough to let me see how to handle at least the personalities and grouping, less the AI because again it is the hardest part and it is required to be made no matter how you plan to add NPCs and even if you won't add any.

Now Keon , may I ask - Do you have at least a slight idea of how to make it ? Then do you really plan to argue with me about things like that ? It would be like the Oxygen thread all over, you sure had no idea why going out from each side of a block to set it air was inefficient, though it is true it is at first glance the shortest and the most "efficient" solution that turned out to have the almost worst runtime function of them all :tongue: , I would have done the same two years ago ...

You want proof ? I can't give you proof, I wont write all code from scratch up to this point, I can't explain to you why it works either , I can try but you won't believe me. As I told once to error "Logic" or "Common Sense" you build the longer you practice something, you can only trust my "common sense" or wait until frost tells you the same or something, again my greatest concern right now is more the pure AI itself and after that the grouping mechanics, the handling of NPC talk which you sooooooo hate is really the smallest concern of mine and if we are already going to make that AI it will be trivial to add it once we actually got some text, which is again the heaviest point in that plan.

I just see no point of you arguing with me on the matter any further, instead of doing this practice your Java ppl or think about the AI itself .

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 am

I do agree with Iv: Making an AI will be the most difficult part from what I can tell, simply because it involves the most variables (if you want an AI that's better than that of your average koopa, that is)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 am

Okay.

While having an AI crew that can do something other than derp would be a very neat feature to have, and might even provide extra gameplay, it is a goal that will only happen after we've hit all our current "Get the basic game working" goals.

TL;DR- AI crew might happen after the base game is done.

Iv, drop the discussion for now. This feature will not be implemented with the absolute basic game.

Moving on.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:15 pm

So you didn’t even bother to read it yet again, the answer why you didn’t read it again lies at the beginning of this page, this comment you posted there is simply irrelevant to the topic I was actually discussing - the method of grouping AI. At this point I wasn't talking about implementing text for NPC at all. Pls don't revive topics for such things -.- .

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:37 pm

>>Implying that saying something is no longer a point of discussion actually makes it so.
After three days of inactivity.

Discussion of the idea is still happening was happening three days ago, and we can still use the members to make it. Cordoning the development of NPCs anything until the *basic mod is finished* is pointless.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *