City Generation/Construction

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.

Should cities be generated by the computer?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes, cities should be generated as part of terrain generation, similar to how villages generate now.
10%
No, cities should be built by players.
90%

Total votes: 10

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: City Generation/Construction

Post by cats » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Keon wrote:Can we make a new topic for city protection, and then lock this one? It seems pretty much settled, and honestly I think it just needs to go away for a while.
No, every thread's fate shouldn't be locking, there's even still constructive conversation going on. It's stupid to lock a thread because the conversation has evolved. Interrupts flow. Like you have already with the suggestion. Besides, that's not the only topic of conversation right now, the fundamentals of cities are still being discussed.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:19 am

Well Im glad I coem back to this palce and you talk about city generation, that is what it is to "build cities with NPCs" ... Alright alright Im shutting up before I ruin it for you .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 am

Iv121 wrote:Well Im glad I coem back to this palce and you talk about city generation, that is what it is to "build cities with NPCs" ... Alright alright Im shutting up before I ruin it for you .
Iv players are not going to build cities by hand. That would be like.... building a city by hand, there's really no better analogy to go along with it. NPCs are a simple answer to multiple problems. I don't really see how you could be against it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:42 am

You ppl ... I just give up,
Iv121 wrote:Again the "cities" you can build in MC are nothing compared to what I can offer. No matter how much you try to "boost" cities it just wont be as big, it will be mere villages. You will never be able to build a populated city of that size and I doubt there will be idiots who will be wasting so many resources on it, you could build a few dreads with that much crap.

You say it is impossible to generate such stuff ? Just watch me. Actually you don’t even have to generate it the way you generate terrain in MC.

Honestly I cant see a reason why you insist on not having them. You only tell me "Don’t need we can do on our own" , we both know you cant, you say "You cant do that either" and we both know I can (or at least I know), so what is the problem ? Or you reject the very notion and try to justify it ?
And now you tell me my very own words and tell me Im against it, that’s like the ultimate proof that you never bothered to read my stuff.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:47 am

Iv, you are arguing about how large cities should be built/generated.
Everyone else is saying that they do not want those gianormous cities in the first place.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:06 am

No, you do not argue for or against it, and you especially cannot say that YOU argue in one block ... I think you simply don't know what you want yourselves. And don't drag me into this one too, its now between you and the rest of your you if you get what I mean there.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

I really don't know what to say, I have a suggestion to make, but all that's going to happen if I make it is a massive shitstorm that's completely unrelated.

I'll come back when you can successfully hold a reasonable conversation
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am

Locked, for the followi g reasons:

1. The poll says generated cities will not be in Futurecraft.
2. OP requested a lock.
3. This thread has served its purpose. If you wish to discuss city CONSTRUCTION, you may make a thread.
4. This thread seems to be a magnet for arguing. Refine your ideas peacefully.