Other Block-Based Entities

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Re: Other Block-Based Entities

Post by Keon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Metaworlds is cool, but there is a lot I still don't understand about how it is actually implemented. Even with this as a starting place, it'll take a lot of work to bring it into the Copernicus framework. Still, it's more than what we have now. It wouldn't be a bad idea to at least try it out.
I don't know, are we? If it's not possible, then it's not possible.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:19 pm

You are the one who said we were. I figured you had discussed it with the guy.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:23 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:You are the one who said we were. I figured you had discussed it with the guy.
Haven't discussed it with him, though I do follow his thread. The mod has an API, though. The real problem is deciding if it will work with your existing code. I don't wanna bug him on official FC terms if we don't end up using it.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 pm

It's the future code I'm worried about. Once the meta layers and terrain streaming go in, anything we integrate into the framework will become fundamentally different from anything outside of it. It will be two completely separate mods. I think we can do it, but is there enough novel implementation there to make it worthwhile?