Realism

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42
Re: Realism

Post by blockman42 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 am

Keon wrote:Decision: No orbits.
what about lasers?

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:58 am

blockman42 wrote:
what about lasers?
Well, if there's no lasers then my name's just Billy, AND I WON'T STAND FOR THAT!

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:00 am

blockman42 wrote:
what about lasers?
Yes and since when did sci-fi not have lasers, of course there is going to be a selection of pew pew pew laser guns
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Fr0stbyte, is this level of realism really necessary?
Not necessary, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement, all things considered. I at least want planets and moons to orbit one another.

With lasers, since people don't like realism, let's make them slow and inaccurate, and since we are trying to match the realism of Minecraft, it should have a range of about 50m.
On an unrelated note, what happened to my Designer status? I've been demoted to Developer...
That's easy enough to fix in the console, but I have no idea what anyone's statuses were before.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Fr0stbyte, is this level of realism really necessary?
Not necessary, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement, all things considered. I at least want planets and moons to orbit one another.

With lasers, since people don't like realism, let's make them slow and inaccurate, and since we are trying to match the realism of Minecraft, it should have a range of about 50m.
On an unrelated note, what happened to my Designer status? I've been demoted to Developer...
That's easy enough to fix in the console, but I have no idea what anyone's statuses were before.
I think we need a laser block, similar to the one in the laser mod. This is a major weapon for Futurecraft, but unlike the previous weapon ideas we've had, its power is effected by the amount of power being put into it and the efficiency of the laser (which is effected by how many you put in a row, or something simple like that).

Simple to implement, but with a much wider range of uses than a hard-coded weapon system.
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:On an unrelated note, what happened to my Designer status? I've been demoted to Developer...
Prototype wrote:I've gone from model artist to Developer, but Fenway and Fr0st are still texture artist and senior coder respectively.
Fixed for both of you. Probably happened when the default usergroups got reset. I may have removed more than just those.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")