Boarding and the trouble it brings.

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: Boarding and the trouble it brings.

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 am

The power suit photo was hilarious.

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Argonian
IGN:TinkerPox

Post by TinkerPox » Fri May 03, 2013 5:31 am

Its obvious were going to need melee AND guns, we just need to make them non-overpowered and make tactics crucial to winning a firefight, or just a shipload of marines......I also think NPCs will balance out combat, alot. And also laser weapons should be able to be blocked by lightabres.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 am

Again, I don't want us ballooning the NPC population for this mod; they're kind of resource hungry. Some is fine, but let's not try to turn it into StarCraft.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 am

joykler wrote:my point is that you need to balance machines getting blown within a second and making it impossible to destroy them

because on a big ship it could well be possible to have someone entering stealthy
but if he needs to blow it up by shooting at it for an hour thats imposibble
but if a stray bullit would blow anything up you would see everything blown up in a sec

so thats why special equipment that takes a little time but isnt very handy while in a fire fight
reactor shields would ofcourse be implemented but if the reactor would be blown within the shield the ship wouldnt be able to move so thats still annoying
the shields will mainly be to protect it from people attacking the outside.

Stealthy FTW
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA