Rotors

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Rotors

Post by Iv121 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Well we already discussed that models will be modular while the stats will depend on what parts the player puts inside. It could be an idea to combine blocks and entities but it might complicate stuff a bit, it is one of those things that you need to check out to see how they work.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Argonian
IGN:TinkerPox

Post by TinkerPox » Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 pm

It would be easy to add make a small slab helicopter rotor you can thicken or make longer/thinner, but added onto a rotating block.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Eh what ? Not rotors again -.- , guess I'm in the wrong thread to complain about it ... Don't you want more fighters or cooler futures ?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon May 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Prototype wrote:
Tiel wrote:You said BIG rotors couldn't be in the mod, fr0st. Does that mean we still get atmospheric superiority fighters?
We can use the same engines star fighters would use.
Atmospheric superiority in that the airframe is entirely designed for in-atmosphere flight, like a VTOL. Superior in that starfighters would have an airframe designed to maximize maneuverability in vacuum and thus slightly sluggish when not in it. It'd give defenders a slight edge, plus general coolness, plus perhaps being part of the progression tree to spaceships (imagine that...using antiquated technology to fend off an enemy fleet.)

The general consensus is atmospheric fighters = yes, large rotors for stuff like helicarriers = superfluous and impractical. I was just asking fr0st if his 'no' meant both of them or just the large rotors part.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon May 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Both can use the same engines, but we are getting into a different discussion here, shall we open a new thread about how fighters and smaller craft are made and powered?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Such thread is a bit pointless as this discussion is purely theoretical. You can make any model you want and say it is powered by solar energy ... It's just a question of a name for the fuel.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 am

Planes should be fueled by solar energy. Having to stuff coal into your fighter every 5 minutes is a huge pain.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:20 am

Probably just have engine options when crafting, like coal, fuel, solar, and hydrogen.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 am

Solar is not powerful enough with all the respect to the TIE fighters ... Coal is not an option either. You need to think futuristic and be futuristic if you want your game design to be any good. That means excluding stuff that doesn't feel futuristic enough such as coal.

Also instead of dumping coal ever 5 minutes why won't you load like 6400 coal at once ? There are things such as fuel tanks ...

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue May 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Iv121 wrote:Solar is not powerful enough with all the respect to the TIE fighters ... Coal is not an option either. You need to think futuristic and be futuristic if you want your game design to be any good. That means excluding stuff that doesn't feel futuristic enough such as coal.

Also instead of dumping coal ever 5 minutes why won't you load like 6400 coal at once ? There are things such as fuel tanks ...
You want it to be oil just so you can get free advertising for your uncle's company c:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 pm

No they are my cousins !