Factions/Alliances in the mod

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: Factions/Alliances in the mod

Post by cats » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:37 am

RP factions could appear as Easter eggs in the actual mod, maybe if we go with multiverse we could include RP more in-depth. Only if we fix the lore though.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:30 am

Jailed people get sent to the strigi-verse!

I personally like the idea of rare limited technologies. Sortve 'Ancient Tech' that there would only be X amour do based off the total population of the universe at the time. Something to fight over.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 am

Shadowcat wrote: I personally like the idea of rare limited technologies. Sortve 'Ancient Tech' that there would only be X amour do based off the total population of the universe at the time. Something to fight over.
Pretty much my intention.
catsonmeth wrote:Only if we fix the lore though.
Except you have problems agreeing with the RPers on the definition of 'fixing the lore'.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Shadowcat wrote: I personally like the idea of rare limited technologies. Sortve 'Ancient Tech' that there would only be X amour do based off the total population of the universe at the time. Something to fight over.
Pretty much my intention.
catsonmeth wrote:Only if we fix the lore though.
Except you have problems agreeing with the certain RPers on the definition of 'fixing the lore'.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:39 pm

You might expect something sassy or annoyed, Tiel, but actually, I'm gonna thank you.
Thank you for pointing out an uncalled generalization in my post.
I hate those and I honestly am happy when someone manages to correct me on that stuff without being rude.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Alright, however, such ancient tech should be really rare. Like really, really rare, perhaps a 1 in 50/100/>9000 chance to generate inside a whole star system at all. And completely optional for the main tech tree, having a sooper seecret tech tree of its own. And hard to acquire, even if its whereabouts are known. And have severe risks involved with using, or even just possessing it, maybe even be dangerous to people who are around people who have just HEARD about it. Oh, oh, and also hilariously overpowered, enough to compensate for the risks a little, though the even more hilarious risks should still noticably overweigh. Make it so evil that major factions will go over real life bodies to lay their fatty fingers on it and peacemaker alliances do all they can to destroy it, or seal it at least in case of failure!

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Saravanth wrote:Alright, however, such ancient tech should be really rare. Like really, really rare, perhaps a 1 in 50/100/>9000 chance to generate inside a whole star system at all. And completely optional for the main tech tree, having a sooper seecret tech tree of its own. And hard to acquire, even if its whereabouts are known. And have severe risks involved with using, or even just possessing it, maybe even be dangerous to people who are around people who have just HEARD about it. Oh, oh, and also hilariously overpowered, enough to compensate for the risks a little, though the even more hilarious risks should still noticably overweigh. Make it so evil that major factions will go over real life bodies to lay their fatty fingers on it and peacemaker alliances do all they can to destroy it, or seal it at least in case of failure!
We'll the idea is that the amount of peices total is based off the entire population of that FC universe so probably fairly rare.
So.... You want eve in minecraft?
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Why yes, yes I do!

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.