Dimensions

There will be one stickied topic per feature in phase 2. Other discussion may take place on other topics if relevant.
Forum rules
-This forum is about the mechanics and framework of the content. NOT about the content itself, that belongs in phase 3. However, if content discussion creeps in because it is necessary, this is permissible.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Dimensions

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 am

The Nether might go physically underneath the normal world and the End will propably get scrapped.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 am

Nether can't be the Nether as we know it. It has different light values, which is what lets it be illuminated even without direct light sources. Additionally, there are different properties, such as lava flowing as far as water and beds exploding. If we brought it back, it would have to be completely redone, and I'm not entirely sure it's worth it to put the time and energy into doing that.

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:04 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Nether can't be the Nether as we know it. It has different light values, which is what lets it be illuminated even without direct light sources. Additionally, there are different properties, such as lava flowing as far as water and beds exploding. If we brought it back, it would have to be completely redone, and I'm not entirely sure it's worth it to put the time and energy into doing that.
Is the reason why the nether can't be implemented because of the new Graphics Engine / Copernicus?
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu May 16, 2013 2:42 pm

No, it's because it makes no sense whatsoever in the context of FC. Please don't necropost.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I also said the Nether has fundamentally different world properties, and it wouldn't work the same if it were in the overworld dimension.