FutureCraft central content thread

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye
Re: FutureCraft central content thread

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 am

Ivan2006 wrote:Sounds complicated, but also good.
to be honest, I doubt I would ever have been able to come up with such a genius Idea!
If it works it will be pretty awesome, but we won't know for sure until we can actually test it out. Ultimately, any way we approach it should work so long as everything in a local area is in agreement on everyone's relative motion.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:34 am

KISS.

We were originally just making a better zeppelin mod. I know Frost is working on rendering code right now, but the thing only space we really need is a dimension that you warp to above say, Y = 500. Call it space, let it be a absolute coord system, nobody will have to know.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 am

I doubt fr0st will agree with you on that pont, Keon.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm

In my experience, the simple elegant solution tends to only reveal itself after you fail hard at the complex convoluted solution.

Why, just the other day I spent a good 12 hours trying to get a webservice I wrote to send its response compressed, which is just a thing you can do with http traffic. Since the response is a set of giant xml tables with lots of repeating tags, compression cuts down on the bandwidth by more than 90%, and it's supposed to do it automatically on the server version I have. Anyway, after fighting with it all day and never getting it to work right, even after manually overwriting the response mechanism, I gave up and removed all the code I did, only now it was working correctly even though I hadn't done anything which could have changed the outcome. It was all like, "hey fr0stbyte, you got a lot of data there. How about I compress all that for you? That's just a thing us servers can do, no big deal..." F**king cheeky computer.

Sorry, what was the moral here again? Oh yeah, never become a programmer. Computers are bullshit.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 pm

True that one ^ , when I tried to figure out the graphics stuff I had two identical programs on my left and right where I had identical code in parallel, one worked and one didn’t.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN