Replacement for Notary Officer

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
Re: Replacement for Notary Officer

Post by joykler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 pm

but some choises can be taken right now but people just talk over it
and the ideas can be written down in a clean way like mack said he would do but he doesnt

there is nothing wrong with rp or builidng but on a mod development site it shouldnt be the main thing

those modders if they come should have a list of things we want included then there can be some more talking and defining but
at this point we have almost nothing because if something seems chosen someone else just starts all over.

you cant say that isnt true

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Even without organization, ideas are still made. If we force people into stiff regulations, idea generation will slow. We just need someone like Mack or Proto to jot down the ideas somewhere where they will be remembered. We don't need voting for good ideas, just to store them for when content is added so they can be sorted for viability by DEVs. As for joykler, time on forum means ability and respect and knowledge. When a noob comes along and pretends to be a regular without knowing anything, it annoys me because they really know nothing. Go read all the old idea threads on the old forum(all 6 pages of 25 topics of ideas)
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm

but no one is doing this while proto and i told we wanted to do it
and as if everyone dit that

if i have a avarage of 7 posts a day for 3 months im not regular ?

why would those things slow
my thing slowed because .... yes thats right mack didnt look at the list
now he said he wanted full control to get this thing going and guess what .... nothing happens.

sure im being annoying but im fine with it i want to get this mod somewhere
i asked where to look for good ideas and i have read those also on the old forum.
but im not going to dig my way thru a pile of crap to find the good ideas

almost no dev actually tells when in a discussion if something is possible to code or not they just participate in the ,what if ?

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:37 pm

They don't know what's possible to code or not besides the basics because they don't know what will work with Copernicus. Thusly, they don't say. As for 3 months, all 7 posts have bad grammar, and most regulars have been here for 1-2 years.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:38 pm

If something is not possible from a coding standpoint, I will say so. Otherwise, assume it could be done if that's what we want.
...Unless the idea is posted in the ship design or roleplaying boards; I don't read those.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:50 pm

i didnt ment you i mean you are the only one who does say if things are possible frost

yes my grammar is very bad but you know what my english teacher has worse grammar
i know you dont like me for that but o well im here deal with it.
i have posted more then some of them

so yo decide when someone is regular
i i go to my local bakery 7 times a day for tree months he considers me a regular [also a bit of a weirdo but still]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 pm

When we say regulars we mean people who have been here throughout the entire process, I'm quite new compared to people like Fr0st or Jedi.

If needs be I'll do idea collecting, I'm not a genius code wise, but I can tell how relatively difficult something will be, give or take 3 arbitrary units.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 am

Guys, most of this is pointless. It is my responsibility and my wish that I control what goes into Futurecraft. I'll take everyone's ideas and views into consideration, but Futurecraft is and always was my idea. Of course, there are a lot of things that I don't/can't think of, which is why I need your help to get this mod rolling.

Also, Fr0stbyte has a very important say as he knows what is virtually (well, I can't say physically, can I?) possible in Futurecraft.
This is a signature.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

Then do What you claim
Because nothing is updated

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 am

There is no reason to wait for the main frame - it just slows the work and takes away potential supporters and modders because the last time the OP on the MCF was updated was like 100 years ago, anyone normally would assume the mod is out of development - I did for like 1/3 a year before I finally decided to look at the forums and see some activity ! But in order to update it we need content. The easiest and most effective one we can generate fast is the fighters, a few vids of Frost's work in action (You do have something working right ? I saw some vids) and some more standard MC modding stuff - new blocks. Why can't we make electricity now for example ? Does it work differently in space ? No. That is why we need to have at least one thing in the dev queue at all times so that progress never stops and for this we need to decide what we want. Again electricity is a less controversial topic so it's a good place to start.

No need to hurry though couse we don't have modders yet :tongue: , this is where flan's and Frost's come in :) . I will make it look pretty and we can post it to finally let people see some action .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:04 pm

I have some stuff working, but not the things which would be visible. I want to have something up soon but I keep running out of time during the week. Talking on the forum is one thing; I can do that during breaks at work, but actual development takes a lot more concerted effort. I'll try to prioritize it as much as I am able. I feel bad about leaving people in the dark, too.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:32 pm

the first post of each dev idea
should be updated
that was what he promised when he changed this

well i have seen some things that arent updated
i even have sended him somthing that he could use that was edited already by me
but he stil doesnt do a thing

to iv
but even the electricity thing isnt decided yet
there are currently three things
wireless power
wired power
power by using computers

[all can be made fairly easy but no one tells whats possible and mack just doesn look or even if he looks he doesnt decide but he wants to have full control
whats upp with that!?]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

joykler wrote:mack just doesn look or even if he looks he doesnt decide but he wants to have full control
whats upp with that!?
What's up with that is that he is the creator of the mod and it is his to do with as he pleases. It is long past time for you to accept that Mackeroth wants to do this and thus it shall be done. As the person who originally had the idea and followed through with it to make this all happen, he can do whatever the hell he wants to in terms of the development of the mod. It's nice of him to listen to ideas from the rest of us but he has no obligation to, and he certainly has no obligation to someone telling him that he isn't the right person to be doing it, so please get over yourself and drop the issue forever.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm

sorry in my understanding he mentions never really thinking it would work
and that he didnt follow thru he just had the idea and other people took that idea [said it was his idea] and tryd to make something of it
and as far as i know he cant code everything by himself.
he doesnt have to listen to non-modders but then he shouldnt encourage it
he can also decide to drop the project
or halt the project but he doenst do that
he just doesnt do verymuch att all

almost everyone is more involved then he is
that should be weird even to you jedi

and its nice and all that we are waiting for moderators to come
or mack to think about it

but good god 2 years
in the meantime revolutionary ideas of here are outdated already
is that what you want ?