Replacement for Notary Officer

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Replacement for Notary Officer

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Yes. People don't have to be involved, and people can be as lazy as they want-even DEVs. I also don't know if you know something(based off other posts). Are you aware this is not a democracy? This is a Fr0st-Mack-Jedi government, and they do not have any obligation to care what you think.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

mack said it himselve
Spoiler:
Please be advised that this represents a year's worth of mixed emotions, and may seem discontinuous.

It seems to me that this forum has dissolved into total anarchy, no useful progress has been made for the past 6 months, and no-one can seem to effectively pull ideas together (Joykler, sorry to say, but you're not working). Any attempts I have made in the past to pull it together have resulted only in you guys complaining about how controlling I'm being.

This is really my own fault, and it's been a long time coming. I always have wild dreams and visions but never have the patience or discipline to reach them. However, Futurecraft represents the longest project I've stuck with of my own accord, and I am proud of the amount of attention it has gathered. Unfortunately, it was an unobtainable goal in my hands, and always was. I knew this, but chose to ignore it, now I must pay the price. It is clear to me that the project is dying, and I'm hoping that me leaving will serve as a wake up call, either to reform or reboot this project.

Fr0stbyte, you are much more capable of handling this project than I ever was, and if you believe Futurecraft can be accomplished, then I know you will make it happen. I look forward to seeing if you continue with it, and I know you will do what is best. Get more talent involved, people who can commit to this project. Find ways for them to help. I'd hate to see this project die, it's represented a large section of my life.

Anyway, it's been fun and, at times, challenging. I would like to think of some of you as my friends, and I can't help but feel that I have let you all down. I have done my part in this; let's see what you can do without me.

Goodbye, Futurecraft, you're out of my hands.

he knew frostbyte was the person to look to [although frost is very buisy he still is a great help,some people are some people arent]

after this some people begged him to stay [with a reason he shoulnd quit on his idea but rather go give his power to someone else]
he accepted it if he would again get full controll [fine by everyone but he doesnt do anything with it exept restarting]
everything looked good people started to list ideas again and guess what ,nothing happened
this is what happened nothing else
it may not be a democracy
but what government let a land plunge into chaos to say well see ya
to come back with more money and still do nothing

thats right no government

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:36 pm

I am satisfied with how things have been run so far. Why change it?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

because nothing happens
not only my words
its mack words too

and because it already changed but still nothing happens
we can decide to become just a community
but then just stop htis thing

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 pm

We're all waiting on fr0st. Until then, everything is almost fluid.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:51 pm

ACH0225 wrote:This is a Fr0st-Mack-Jedi government, and they do not have any obligation to care what you think.
That is something that needs to be nipped in the bud. I'm not talking about the government of the forum. I think I've made my opinion pretty clear on that matter, and no-one, not even Mackeroth, has sole power where the judicial parts of the forum are concerned. But in terms of design choices for the mod, Mackeroth is and must always be the single voice that matters, along with Fr0stbyte as far as technical limitations go. When it comes to anything having to do with forum moderation, every member has a voice, but when it comes to the mod itself that is in no way required. Additionally, I am not and have no desire to be part of either the judicial forum government bit or the mod design group. I have the same title that Shiva did, but I am making a conscious effort to ensure that I'm not doing the same job. I am no longer a moderator, and although the Admin position brings with it the ability to access the judicial parts of the forum moderation panel I have not accessed them since gaining this position and have no intention of doing so. When I speak, it is as an annoyed forum member, not as a person with powers. I very strongly do not want a Fr0st-Mack-Jedi government, because what we had before was a Fr0st-Mack-Shiva government, and that was bad. It isn't better if it's me.

More on the subject of this thread: We all joined this forum understanding that this is a long-term project. If you can't handle waiting for what you want, this is not the place to be. Stuff has been happening for two years, and stuff will continue to happen until eventually Futurecraft is here.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:54 pm

thats not true
yes for the actual programming we need to wait

but for that we need programmers
for that we need a list of what to do
and something to draw attention

well w have the flans thing for attention

but no clue of what to do with the actual mod exept the part that frost has made ships
there are so many simple things we or they can decide but that doesnt happen

such as a scorebourd yes/no
protrction yes no
weapons yes no

ensoon

and thank you for pointing that out jedi
we are going in the same circles maybe we try to do diffrent but ...

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:20 pm

WE have nothing to wait for. Again there is no need for flying mechanics in order to make electricity for example. If you are going to wait for Frost you will indeed end up nowhere because the amount of content you plan to add is already bigger than tekkit and you know how much time it to build tekkit right ? So get going.

Also about the government that thing actually raised an interesting issue that I saw some time ago - it is amazing the community is still with you mack as theoretically there is no reason for them to say "You can build futurecraft but we are going to build something like that apart from you" and go away. That is why I've told you that usually just being the "ideas guy" is not enough. Try to be more active in the terms of development - even working on textures is fine which I know you can do. This will give further legitimating to your presence and prevent such issues in the future. Although it is up to mack to decide the community can always pick their legs and go elsewhere if they feel too uncomfortable, and while with ideas it is necessary to actually get going there is no need to enforce it anywhere else in the forums.

Which brings me to the main issue that we are part of the aye-aye empire ! Cmon the whole mod depends on Frost so he is the emperor when it comes to the mod. I would make a joke about it but frost doesn't like the cult around him :tongue:
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:29 am

Iv121 wrote:WE have nothing to wait for. Again there is no need for flying mechanics in order to make electricity for example. If you are going to wait for Frost you will indeed end up nowhere because the amount of content you plan to add is already bigger than tekkit and you know how much time it to build tekkit right ? So get going.

Also about the government that thing actually raised an interesting issue that I saw some time ago - it is amazing the community is still with you mack as theoretically there is no reason for them to say "You can build futurecraft but we are going to build something like that apart from you" and go away. That is why I've told you that usually just being the "ideas guy" is not enough. Try to be more active in the terms of development - even working on textures is fine which I know you can do. This will give further legitimating to your presence and prevent such issues in the future. Although it is up to mack to decide the community can always pick their legs and go elsewhere if they feel too uncomfortable, and while with ideas it is necessary to actually get going there is no need to enforce it anywhere else in the forums.

Which brings me to the main issue that we are part of the aye-aye empire ! Cmon the whole mod depends on Frost so he is the emperor when it comes to the mod. I would make a joke about it but frost doesn't like the cult around him :tongue:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Mack is frosts puppet head. He also is our mascot and fills the niche Shiva filled.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:11 pm

a puppet that tells his master he needs to be incharge

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Frankly, he should be. Fr0st is too busy with coding to run things, so Mack and Jedi run all admin stuff, with Tiel as the mechanic. Mack should be as powerful as Shiva was though, and he needs to become decisive. Make a decision with zero ambiguity, and we will follow it. Any sort of half worded order, and people like cool here start getting their own ideas.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:06 pm

im fine with following orders no problem
but then there should be orders

and someone actually looking at the map of the battlefield

and for as far as i know just jedi does the admin stuff
mack just posts ships and says he wants to have controll

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm

He does have control. He just does nothing with it, and we can't force him to do anything.

As you humans have a proverb, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink"

You can also say, "You can give Mackeroth leadership, but you cannot make him lead"

Anything you do, any well picked arguments can and probably will be ignored. Mackeroth will lead when he feels like it, despite our wishes, and we will survive just fine without any central organization system. You are clearly beating the dead animal with your very ignored arguments, and should know that nothing you say will probably affect things, because I imagine Mack has a plan. Even if that plan is to do nothing, it will bear delicious, sci-fi fruits.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Honestly, I don't know what people's objections to the sit-and-enjoy-the-beach-while-fr0st-works plan are. Sure, there's stuff that could probably be done while fr0st is working, but everything will eventually happen. Fr0st will finish and start having cool-looking stuff soon, we'll start attracting more of an audience, and pretty soon after that we'll have FC. In the meantime, I'm pretty content to wait and relax here while stuff is getting done, and there are enough people still around after two years of not much going on that I think others feel the same way, at least enough others to keep this alive until it bears fruit. We haven't done a bad job so far.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")