FC content pack flan's [THREADNAUGHT]

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: FC content pack flan's [THREADNAUGHT]

Post by Prototype » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Are these like little 1 person attack craft you'd deploy in swarms?
Pretty much, also good for any scouting missions, and you can store them in large numbers in a small(ish) space, making them perfect for PvP maps
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Looks nice :) It's my favourite vehicle yet.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:48 am

Do the engine pods rotate? Is such functionality even possible? Because if it is, make it so.

Awesome work, by the way.
This is a signature.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:51 am

I think the only thing that rotates is the tank turret ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:28 am

[M] wrote:Do the engine pods rotate? Is such functionality even possible? Because if it is, make it so.

Awesome work, by the way.
I'm not too sure on this, but Manus has added a gear functionality, where you press a button and some of the shapes change, now, he may have done something like this for the VTOL bit he added, but IDK, but even so, I could quite easily have them switch positions from horizontal to vertical using the gear function, but it wouldn't rotate, it would just make one set of shapes disappear and another set appear, but I need to wait for this to be released before I can properly play around with it.

There have also been some new shape functions added, but only one of them is actually useful, the other can be done with normal shapes.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:14 am

Some of the planes have moving flaps, don't they? Could you make it work like that?
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 am

Exar Kun wrote:Some of the planes have moving flaps, don't they? Could you make it work like that?
Well there are pitch and yaw flaps, I'm already using yaw flaps to make a moving joystick and rudder pedals, but they only rotate when you turn left/right or up/down, and only by so much, however, this could actually create a cool effect with the engines, but I'd have to completely redefine their rotation points, which isn't hard, but the movements may not be ones that would actually cause you to maneuveur that way, it would take some fiddling, and will probably end up taking longer than it took me to make what I have so far. This might be worth looking into.

But there aren't any control surfaces that change with throttle so far, except propellers, and engine spinning round wildly is not very aerodynamic or efficient.

EDIT: actually, for this to work, I would have to use rotation on multiple axes to make it rotate in the right direction, and this never works, at least not for stuff done in Techne, it would work with shapes, however to rebuilt the engine out of shapes is both a. uneccesary, b. very time consuming, and c. Probably not worth the trouble seeing as the effect it will give isn't exactly realistic, but that's just for Flans mod, when we come to do this for real, it's entirely possible that I can have this vectoring engine effect, but it would use a system meant to make the engines vector, and not a system meant for yaw flaps.

So while this is still the Flan pack, I'm not going to use this, it's just too awkward and isn't really necessary.

Also, has anybody made a really nice carrier ship in minecraft, because I need one to take pretty pictures with, and my own ships are somewhat average.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: