FC content pack flan's [THREADNAUGHT]

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
FC content pack flan's [THREADNAUGHT]

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

This is for discussion of the development of the Futurecraft content pack for flan's mod. I will try to make some models, and learn how to do it properly. Post your models you make here, and get them coded by someone who knows how to do it, I am sure a dev could figure it out.

Seriously if you want something to happen, try to pitch in an make some models.

Techne modeler

http://techne.zeux.me/Techne

Here are some tutorials for techne

http://minecraft-smp.de/e107_plugins/fo ... orum.php?7

That site also has a lot of models people have made.

Maybe after copernicus is done we could use the models there, it will not be a waste of time.

Prototype says:

Version 0.4 of the FutureCraft Flan pack:
Spoiler:
Ladies and mentlegen, boys and gehrls, I proudly present:

The FutureCraft Flan pack 0.4 (applause)
New additions:
The AR-12 Skyblazer (with beta texture, feel free to modify)
The A-144 Phalanx enforce fighter

The ion propulsion engine (work with all planes, double the speed of the rotary pistion engine)
The ion thruster (for AR-12 and A-144)

Crafting:
The A-144 Phalanx (the AR-12 is same recipe but with light grey dye)

The Ion propulsion engine:

The ion thruster:

Known bugs:
if you attempt to fly without fuel, the game may crash
guns on planes don't work, but this seems to be a problem with the actual mod
AR-12 is ugly
To enter the A-144, you have to click the front left of the cockpit, you must also hit here to destroy it.
I wanted the A-144 to handle like a starfighter (i.e. thrust vectoring) so i set the point of rotation to the front of the plane, meaning it noclips when you try to take off, but this isnt' too much of a problem seeing as its designed to launch from carriers.
textures may be funny (funny weird not funny haha) in some light levels, but I can't do much about that

Pictures of the A-144:
Spoiler:
Le download link: (1.4.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sqvn6go2hdjwahq

Download link: (1.5.1 beta)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jds7f9didqqe37o

Protip: added the Download link and details of 0.4
Last edited by hyperlite on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: FC content pack flan's

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Roger out, Major Penguin!

Zis vill be wunderbar!

But I think we should have a list of everything that needs, or should, be made, yes?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 pm

I agree, nothing gets done without an official list, or if people don't see links, so ummmm, want to get on the server right now and come up with that? It is kind of our only way to contact instantly unless you have other means of IM.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

=GROUND=
Tank --> Hover Tank
Jet ----> VTOL
APC ---> Hover APC
Walker --> Heavy Mech

I propose we follow Battlefield 2142 balancing for the above.

=SPACE=
Starfighter
Bomber
Drone

Spacecraft would not have immediate upgrades as one would be at the pinnacle of the tech tree to access them. Instead, players could make block-based ships as upgrades to the entity ones.

It also may be cool, though not crucial, to have variants of each of the above to promote diversity.

Also, here are some examples:

TANK by Burnttoaster
Spoiler:
VTOL by Burnttoaster
Spoiler:

Starfighter by Burnttoaster
Spoiler:
Drone by Prototype
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I shall start making models again, this time I will actually look at the tutorials.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Keep in mind that you can't directly upgrade vehicles in Flan's Mod, although you could make a Tier 2 vehicle require a Tier 1 vehicle to craft or something like that.

I can't model, but I know my way around Flan's Mod and I can do basic textures, so I volunteer to make crafting recipes and do the 'coding' stuff, not that Flan's Mod needs much of that. If you guys provide models, I can get them in-game. I can also make weapons. I've never really tried to texture something as large as a vehicle, so I'm not sure how well that would turn out, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Yes, the way to upgrade to a tier 2 is to put the tier 1 vehicle in the crafting table with all the tier 2 parts around it. Then 3 and 4 and whatever.

I am going to watch and pay close attention to all of Manus's modeling videos, then post the techne files here to be coded.

LJS, if you could do the textures for weapons that would be awesome. Also if we used some of fenway's old textures too.

We have a lot to work with here people, now we have no excuse, we can't blame this one on frost, we have to work together to accomplish a decent pack.
Spoiler:

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I believe I can make a turret model that can be placed, and functions like a tank, fires rounds? So you can place these on your ship?
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

hyperlite wrote:LJS, if you could do the textures for weapons that would be awesome. Also if we used some of fenway's old textures too.
Of all the things there, that's probably the one I'm worst at. xD I'll give it a shot, but we have a number of supposed texture-ers sitting around here who can probably do it better. If you need icons for armor, or parts, or bombs, or something, I can do that, but for some reason when I try to make one that looks like a gun it doesn't work.
hyperlite wrote:I believe I can make a turret model that can be placed, and functions like a tank, fires rounds? So you can place these on your ship?
Flan's Mod supports anti-aircraft guns that function exactly like we want turrets to. The only issue with them is that they don't save the direction that the turret is pointing when you exit the game, so if you're going to do that you will probably want to make four models, that are all the same but rotated ninety degrees. That makes it much easier to build ships with them.

Also, for those making models, one of the quirks of Flan's Mod is that all guns on vehicles spawn pointing backwards when a vehicle is placed. This includes both guns that can rotate and guns that cannot. You may or may not be aware that many of Flan's tanks have machine guns, as well as the turret on top. Those guns are designed to just point forward and fire, not rotate or anything. Because of this quirk, they start off pointing backwards, and because the player can't rotate them they stay that way forever. This means that firing those guns will eventually destroy your tank, because they fire back into it. So whenever you're making a model for Flan's Mod, make the turret default to point the opposite of the way you actually want it to, so that it will be right in-game.

Quick edit: Does not apply to planes as far as I know, but definitely for ground vehicles and AA guns.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

hyperlite wrote:I believe I can make a turret model that can be placed, and functions like a tank, fires rounds? So you can place these on your ship?
That would be pretty easy, just look at the Flak Turret's code.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Well I am gonna try to see if I can get it in the game with a poor model turret model to test it.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to have it controllable from afar instead of having to directly mount it...not exactly ideal for a combat situation. Sounds rather difficult to code, though. Maybe steal codies from that one Turret mod?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 pm

OHHHHH FROSTBYTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Tiel wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to have it controllable from afar instead of having to directly mount it...not exactly ideal for a combat situation. Sounds rather difficult to code, though. Maybe steal codies from that one Turret mod?
It may be possible, but it can't be done with Flan's Mod. Likewise the drones - they can be in-game, but I can't give them intelligence or anything like that. I can't even make them be mobs. They'll just be vehicles like every other one.

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Jedi, here is a simple little model I made, before I spend a lot of time on a model I want to make sure it works properly in the game.

Here is a techne file, can you try and get it to work in minecraft?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsh5t4yi277ojbp/model22.tcn
Spoiler: