FC content pack flan's [THREADNAUGHT]

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Re: FC content pack flan's

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am

Watch Manus vidtuts.

Better to have a thorough knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes than just knowing part of it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Burnttoaster
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:um the i don't know

Post by Burnttoaster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:I got to figure out how to get models ingame anyone have any suggestions
I recommend Flan's Mod.

But more seriously, for a basic test just open your Flan folder, open one of the vehicle files, and change the model line from whatever it is to the name of your model. Then put the model in the 'models' folder in the content pack folder, and craft that vehicle in MC. If you did it right, that vehicle will now use the model you created. If you did it wrong, MC will probably crash when you try to place the vehicle.

I should of probably said that differently, what I meant to say is I'm having a hard time getting the techne file into a model file so I can use it in game

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:I got to figure out how to get models ingame anyone have any suggestions
I recommend Flan's Mod.

But more seriously, for a basic test just open your Flan folder, open one of the vehicle files, and change the model line from whatever it is to the name of your model. Then put the model in the 'models' folder in the content pack folder, and craft that vehicle in MC. If you did it right, that vehicle will now use the model you created. If you did it wrong, MC will probably crash when you try to place the vehicle.

I should of probably said that differently, what I meant to say is I'm having a hard time getting the techne file into a model file so I can use it in game
Like Tiel said, Manus has tutorials for that.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Flan News for today:
"Watch out, that Russian bunker is pretty heavily guarded. And don't think about grabbing those guns sitting there; they're for Russian hands only.

To be more precise, those are item spawners which can be bound to any base (by an op) and which will then spawn as many items as you want in a nice hovering ring that can only be picked up by players on the same team as that of the base the spawner is connected to."
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I keep throwing money at my screen but nothing is happening!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Maybe, if we all throw it at once it will work.
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 pm

So.. Avenger, any chance of this being on the server?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:31 pm

I second it.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Don't know if it's changed, but when I played the mod in SMP it was laggy as heck, not very enjoyable in the slightest compared to singleplayer. That was a while back, but seeing as boats still handle badly in minecraft after so many consecutive updates..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Well, hopefully this will be better, but I remember way back when it was SMP, it was no big deal. You could not find a server, and there was the lag (never played it SMP, no servers.)
Last edited by hyperlite on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:54 am

Started on making weapons, I have got a laser pistol done stealing the bullet models from mans guns and ammo pack, but I have asked on their forums how to make my own bullet models, there isn't anything wrong with using theirs but I want to have different lengths/shapes for various weapons (like a short laser for a pistol, long laser for a sniper, and perhaps a fancy big laser with rings around it for aircraft)

If anyone wants to contribute weapon sprite, I will happily make then into guns and add them to the pack
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:17 am

Prototype wrote:I want to have different lengths/shapes for various weapons (like a short laser for a pistol, long laser for a sniper, and perhaps a fancy big laser with rings around it for aircraft)
The only problem with that is that IIRC the bullets spin madly end over end when fired, and there isn't any way to disable that. It's not very noticeable with normal bullets, but if you start getting into projectiles that aren't mostly cubical you might have problems. The guns will still function perfectly, but it will not look like a beam of light extending from the barrel of the gun. It will look like the gun shoots giant glow-y discs.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:34 am

Prototype wrote:I want to have different lengths/shapes for various weapons (like a short laser for a pistol, long laser for a sniper, and perhaps a fancy big laser with rings around it for aircraft)
The only problem with that is that IIRC the bullets spin madly end over end when fired, and there isn't any way to disable that. It's not very noticeable with normal bullets, but if you start getting into projectiles that aren't mostly cubical you might have problems. The guns will still function perfectly, but it will not look like a beam of light extending from the barrel of the gun. It will look like the gun shoots giant glow-y discs.
Nope.avi, manus has made guns using larger projectiles (his guns and ammo package) which don't experience that effect, although the crossbow has this problem, I will be basing the bullets on those for manus mountable weapons, which seem to be unaffected, if not, I believe flan might have fixed this issue with his updates.

I have never seen the normal bullets spin though, not manus's lasers, but I have seen it with the crossbow,
But I think it may be something to do with the gravity factor, not sure though, I'm experimenting now, wil post my findings.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:44 am

ok, finished the pistol, and started the files for the pack, will add more stuff soon.

crafting recipe for the box is three iron ingots across the top

so far only laser pistol and energy cell

download link here
http://www.mediafire.com/?872havkqhusoc20

EDIT: if you make a new world the gun may not work at first, to resolve this, restart your minecraft
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Laser rifle done, wil upload soon

Working on sniper, smg and a deployable MG
Last edited by Prototype on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: