So I'm making a game (Maybe wrong section)

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists
Re: So I'm making a game (Maybe wrong section)

Post by CMA » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:33 pm

cannonfodder wrote:get over it
;^)
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Well what I cant deny is that if you ever dream of making anything pick your two bottom ones and get as far as you can from this place because its a serious threat to your motivation.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well what I cant deny is that if you ever dream of making anything pick your two bottom ones and get as far as you can from this place because its a serious threat to your motivation.
Motivation wise I should be fine. My problem with motivation is with school, as I write this I have two and a half papers due tomorrow at 11 and an hours worth of Chemistry homework due a bit after that.

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 am

Update about groups n shieet:

Groups will range from 1-10,000(or so) people, possibly 100,000 but that should be enough
Groups will have education modifiers stating not only their highest level of education, but which (if any) degrees achieved and from where. This will tie into a system of public and private universities that may or may not tie into the rebel system.
Some groups, such as women in 'patriarchal' (sorry to use that word) societies or men in 'matriarchal' societies, and possibly children in all but barbaric societies (I probably won't bother having children in groups, probably in a set of variable keeping track of how many 0 year olds, 5 year olds, 12 year olds, 15... etc.)
A Group will have an average (which kind I haven't decided on, probably mean or modal(?)) income, and a profession if I hadn't mentioned that

In short, Groups will be the backbone of the actual national management part of the game, and will have as many characteristics of one person as I can think of, but will rarely represent one person. Think about it like a B movie with shitty CGI where they form a crowd by copypasting the same five people.

As always, exterminate you're onions.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:39 pm

So like dwarf fortress personalities mixed with that Democracy game and scaled up into groups.
Sounds interesting.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Shadowcatbot wrote:So like dwarf fortress personalities mixed with that Democracy game and scaled up into groups.
Sounds interesting.
It does seem to be turning into something like DF. The Groups are only about 40% of the game, though. It's just something that's relatively easy/fun to design. When I take physics next fall/Calculus this Summer I'll work out the details on the ships and things.

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 pm

no pix no dix

4 u or ur significint otter

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:21 pm

cannonfodder wrote:no pix no dix

4 u or ur significint otter
That was a bit over the line. Leave my girlfriend out of this. I still chuckled.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:50 pm

CMA wrote:
Shadowcatbot wrote:So like dwarf fortress personalities mixed with that Democracy game and scaled up into groups.
Sounds interesting.
It does seem to be turning into something like DF. The Groups are only about 40% of the game, though. It's just something that's relatively easy/fun to design. When I take physics next fall/Calculus this Summer I'll work out the details on the ships and things.
Tell me will these groups randomly feel possessed to do nothing productive whatsoever to counstruction a giant master peice barrel out of every expensive item they can grab?
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:31 pm

[Moderated]

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Shadowcatbot wrote:
CMA wrote:
Sounds interesting.
Tell me will these groups randomly feel possessed to do nothing productive whatsoever to counstruction a giant master peice barrel out of every expensive item they can grab?
They won't if they want to eat/live. That said, some (space anarchists) won't have those two things high on their list of priorities