FC content pack flan's [UBERTHREADNAUGHT]

Organized and clear discussion only. Be sure to read sub-forum descriptions.
Forum rules
- All off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Poorly written topics/posts will be edited without warning
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
- Posts may be moved without warning.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: FC content pack flan's [UBERTHREADNAUGHT]

Post by Prototype » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:23 am

TinkerPox wrote:
Prototype wrote:Heat rays anyone?

I haven`t played Mc in FOREVER, but what pack is that sexy tank from? And a link too if possible.
That's from the official MW pack. Right now I'm updating all the tank models, so that Abrams isn't released yet.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Argonian
IGN:TinkerPox

Post by TinkerPox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 am

Oh alright, because I have used that pack and it definitely isn`t that good looking.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 am

TinkerPox wrote:Oh alright, because I have used that pack and it definitely isn`t that good looking.
That's why I'm remodelling everything. Among other things.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:10 pm

And for that, Protopie, we all (i.e. humanity) are grateful

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Did you think of making an M2 Bradley/MRAP for MW?

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Of happening

AI mechas confirmed. Drone Peregrine model ready.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:10 pm

Make head have more big. Or take the big away from a body.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:50 am

Just broaden the cockpit, or replace it maybe with some kind of cage taking up the entire space between the front-pauldron-thingies, would look cools.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:09 am

The sectioned torso is suposed to give the impression that the shoulders can move somewhat independently or can be popped off and replaced easily. A cage type thing joining the side torsos around the cockpit would give it a neat kind of industrial feel, though.

I like the new head shape but it makes it look a little snubby and small, disproportionate. That might be because the sides of the top half slope inward towards the top. I think it'd look better if they were just straight down. I'm also not sure if the pointy middle torso is quite right for it. Maybe if you could put a gun barrel or missile tube or sensor dish poking out of one of the sides where it curves down toward the cockpit, it would balance out some, make it look less like a hood or *.

Also had a thought to make the middle torso under the head a little less boring. Three or four pointy bits poking out of the middle torso that come up to the bottom of the cockpit. Like some extra armor covering the cockpit from ground fire without obstructing lower panels' visibility too much.
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:13 pm

That's not a cockpit, that's a drone core for the AI controlled version. No need to worry about fitting squishy humans inside.

Although the manned cockpit could use a redesign. It would be possible now to use that kind of shape for a hollow cockpit, so I can maybe use this version to get the rough shape then flesh it out.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Eh, the drone core could still do with a rework. Less round. More angular, maybe like some kind of vertical tube build into the front with some kinds of sensors on it or something along those lines.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:50 pm

replace the whole thing with a crazy spaceman sensor array with giant eyeballs and cameras and stuff
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Mercury Steam wrote:crazy spaceman sensor array with giant eyeballs

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I made two 64x64 guns for you, I figured you wanted to get rid of some of the old 16x16 textures. The first is the new K-27M and Magazine Image Image
and this is just another Assault Rifle/SMG plus Ammo ImageImage Tell me what you think!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:05 pm

TinkerPox wrote: and this is just another Assault Rifle/SMG plus Ammo ImageImage Tell me what you think!
That's your Halo: Reach MA37 again. You've posted it before, and it's still obviously that.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")