mech choosing

Forum rules
Joykler's Notes subforum, for splendidly notable ideas. Standard forum rules apply, as well as the Development forum's.

what mech would you choose

Total votes: 0

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
Re: mech choosing

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 pm

to start i noticed that people decided that pipes and things in ships wont work
so that wouldnt be implemented [correct me if im wrong i thought people wanted pipes and cables on ground but not in space ships
second some are made so there can be models of them
third
if we have the mod
and we can upload the schematics in a mc edit kind of computer
we can "replace" the kind of blocks we want replaced having the hull thats made out of iron suddenly made out of the actual hull block
and if we already have the ideas and the layout of the ships it would be much easyer to make once we have the actual programming
yes we miss programmers but with those ideas/pictures we can hopefully get them
ground combat will be implemented there is allmost no doubt about that the only thing thats unsure is how it would work

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm

You need to get fuel to the engine ? You need to get pwoer to the gunnery ? You need something to strategically blow up and cripple the ship ? Cables are in.

Next it's not that easy to "replace" those blocks. You need to have the materials at your disposal 1, and 2 MCedit does not recognize mods. Also due to those pipes and stuff it would be impractical and pain in the butt to make those ships fly. I build them for fun .

Finally you can't know if you get those coders, they are rare material even though so many start to learn programming.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:47 pm

i have seen people reject the idea of cables in spaceships
to all these tasks blocks would be implement it but no pipes no cables
they would be all connected to the ship that should transport evrything that it needs by just being there
those blocks would be strategically blown

no im not talking about real mc edit but as iv seen people wanted to make a ship editing and building program
in that program you should be able to do these things

no i dont know if we get those coders but if we dont get them this idea is defenitly a lost cause if we do or dont implement ground warfare that doesnt matter if we dont get coders and again this wouldnt be ontop of the list
if you look at the list there are alot of things before mechs

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Strategically blowing the blocks is the same as blowing up that gun which is linked to it. It's not as if you hit a major power link that disables multiple systems at once .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:02 pm

if you have a large multiple block engine
and a defence terminal
and a core block
and a status block
and a life support block
and a ammunution storage block
and a large cannon

and if you hit any of these the cannon would be destroyed/disabled
its not harder than shooting a cable
but cables are harder to use in a ship
and way to easy to hit

so this way is not only easyer to use but also more balanced in a battle
but we are getting off topic here
the only question you should ask is wich of the three should i pick
you get your poll for to use or not to use afterwards
after the system has been chosen and the mods have decided its possible
then you can do your saying

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:06 pm

I think it was explained in the old forum, but as I remember, ship hulls are filled with multipurpose cables. Meaning no cables.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm

so i was right

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Sure? I don't know, I though everyone knew about that decision. I feel reading the old idea section should be mandatory, so things like these are remembered.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 pm

We could have wireless transmission of power, but it would be expensive and need receivers and transmitters. There could be electronics blocks that can be implemented into the hull and transport power from place to place, but it would require a lot of planning when designing a ship. The main power conduits would usually be in the center of the ship, required shielding of this portion would be a way to prevent players from making a cruiser with a few hundred blocks and an engine.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Test account
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Test account » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Sure? I don't know, I though everyone knew about that decision. I feel reading the old idea section should be mandatory, so things like these are remembered.
Well said ACH, one problem this forum should really deal with already is the fact that we constantly keep retreading old issues that had already been resolved months ago in the old forum.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I just want to point out that most ship hulls feel empty. Requiring cabling will help fill that space.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Yognaut_3000 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Sure? I don't know, I though everyone knew about that decision. I feel reading the old idea section should be mandatory, so things like these are remembered.
Well said ACH, one problem this forum should really deal with already is the fact that we constantly keep retreading old issues that had already been resolved months ago in the old forum.
Nothing is ever resolved in here. Who are you, anyway?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I think it was explained in the old forum, but as I remember, ship hulls are filled with multipurpose cables. Meaning no cables.
There are cables, but they are multipurpose.

@catsonmeth
Yognaut is from the old country.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Correction: Nothing is ever resolved in here unless fr0st says something definitive.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:21 am

Actually, Mackeroth has final say unless there is a technical restriction against it.