Inventory ideas portaining to fighters, ammunition, and othe

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Inventory ideas portaining to fighters, ammunition, and

Post by Prototype » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Shadowcat wrote:But then they would look <CENSORED>, You can make a borg cube, But a borg tank wont look good period.
They would only look bad if the person building them made them look bad, and unless someone actually make a decent, highly detailed replica of a Borg cube, Borg cube would look rubbish.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Tanks, planes, fighters, cars, hovercraft, etc. would only be made in factories (did I attach that buildings thread?) or maybe in specialized crafting frames or something if you have enormous amount of time on your hands. The only items you could be carry from the vehicles would be parts that are salvaged from a wreck, and they would take up huge amounts of inv. space.

You wouldn't be able to carry that many weapons because most would take up more than one space in the inventory. Same goes for many of the larger items.

I think something like this, except instead of a mech you have player and instead of weapons you have other stuff.
Spoiler:
I also PAINSTAKINGLY drew a clothing loadout GUI kind of thing in paint. LOOK AT IT! LOOK HOW EXCELLENT MAH DRAWING IS!
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:09 pm

^Lol wearing double layers of shoes and hats.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm

I can wear a hat under my helm? LIFE GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah I think instead of hat it should be balaclava and instead of shoes socks.
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm

hyperlite wrote:Yeah I think instead of hat it should be balaclava and instead of shoes socks.
Let's just say you can only wear certain hats/head coverings while wearing a helmet and certain foot denuders while wearing combat boots.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 pm

sure
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

So I cant wear diamond Nikes under my diamond boots?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Over complicating. This is Minecraft, where I can carry 11,000 tonnes of iron in my pockets, and turn a pig into pork by punching it.
This is a signature.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Over complicating. This is Minecraft, where I can carry 11,000 tonnes of iron in my pockets, and turn a pig into pork by punching it.
This is futurecraft, where you have to undergo a very laborious, long, and time consuming process in order to organize a faction, raise cities, and build spacecraft. This really isn't all that complicated, it's just an expansion of the inventory we all know and love.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm

If we all know and love it, Why change?
The only thing that might bring serious attention is a glitchy gravity mod that randomly affects you ship in mid-flight.
(But I do like you armour system, Remind me of runescape)

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Shadowcat wrote:If we all know and love it, Why change?
The only thing that might bring serious attention is a glitchy gravity mod that randomly affects you ship in mid-flight.
(But I do like you armour system, Remind me of runescape)
Because FC would work with too many new parameters and constraints. Adaptation of components like this is critical.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm

If we really want this to work well we will make it more constrained. After all with no limits it is like all the pvp things that exists in minecraft now being boring as hell and aggravating with people just loading up on a max inventory of supplies and owning everyone.
Also, immersion is something to work on as right now minecraft on its own is easy to just slip out of. I recommend adding some world building features.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Well if were getting advanced we might as well go Runescape style since that would probably do the best.
Have factors like inventory size, Objects you can hold, Cargo pants, Backpacks, Cariable bags, Etc.
Then maybe body factors, Strength, Intellect, Yadayada
Then various skills, Fishing, Sword skill, Bow Skill, Laser Rifle Skill, Dancing Skill, Etc.

Then just to make the game SUPERULTRACHALANGING make it like in Wurm where the more weight your holding the slower you get C:

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Well if were getting advanced we might as well go Runescape style since that would probably do the best.
Have factors like inventory size, Objects you can hold, Cargo pants, Backpacks, Cariable bags, Etc.
Then maybe body factors, Strength, Intellect, Yadayada
Then various skills, Fishing, Sword skill, Bow Skill, Laser Rifle Skill, Dancing Skill, Etc.

Then just to make the game SUPERULTRACHALANGING make it like in Wurm where the more weight your holding the slower you get C:
No skills. Weight is no factor (that would jut be stupid considering a cubic meter of iron weighs helllalot) it should be object size and inv. space. Maybe as your inv. fills you move slower, Stim packs and energy drinks could increase 'stamina or something', allowing you to move at regular pace with full inv.
— David Langford
Spoiler: