education/training of NPC's

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: education/training of NPC's

Post by Iv121 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:50 am

But with what you said it's obvious that ships ARE excluded. You can't say "Oh we need ships so I will just give it a bit of crap so that everyone thinks there is ship combat and move on" , either you go with it to the end or don't go with it at all. And yes, out of all arguments I think that most people will agree that building cities is NOT the main focus of futurecraft. Have a look at the forum , at the ideas, at the ship design area, at the discussion on the MC forum, it's all ships ships ships, occasionally ground combat, not a single building or city in the horizon (actually I saw like 2 buildings added just as BTW to the ship threads). And yes for god's sake it IS space craft.

Because saying the same thing all the time obviously doesn't help to convince you Joykler I invite anyone who wants to say the same all day like me to do it.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:01 am

no i know
this is my opinion but i know thats not the mod
but i do think this mod could better be first build simple
and after that made better
than keeping doing this
dabating over the opinon in a dabate of a idea [that never will be build]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 am

Iv121 wrote:But with what you said it's obvious that ships ARE excluded. You can't say "Oh we need ships so I will just give it a bit of crap so that everyone thinks there is ship combat and move on" , either you go with it to the end or don't go with it at all. And yes, out of all arguments I think that most people will agree that building cities is NOT the main focus of futurecraft. Have a look at the forum , at the ideas, at the ship design area, at the discussion on the MC forum, it's all ships ships ships, occasionally ground combat, not a single building or city in the horizon (actually I saw like 2 buildings added just as BTW to the ship threads). And yes for god's sake it IS space craft.

Because saying the same thing all the time obviously doesn't help to convince you Joykler I invite anyone who wants to say the same all day like me to do it.
Iv, shut up if you're not going to add anything to the idea. We all know your opinion on the subject of planets and their importance, and we're not going to shape all our ideas to your whim. Space is, as I've said, the subject of ideas and builds because it's an unknown, it's never been done in MC, it fascinates people. No one ever said that cities will be the main part in FC, but they sure as hell would add to realism and gameplay.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:06 am

Sorry you can't tell me to shut up, and you know what ? I will , I will let you dig your own grave, enjoy.

Oh and also from your words I get that you don't know s*** about my opinion or at least didn't bother reading.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 am

Iv, I was being half-sarcastic wen I wrote that, no need to get all offended. But honestly, your interjection was unnecessary. I'm not saying that your opinion is unimportant, but it's not the only one and is, frankly, rather unpopular.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:51 am

Hey when the hell mad prophets were ever popular ? I don't say what you want to hear, it won't help the mod. I do say again and again that if you plan to go full realism AKA build a universe you will never release the mod. You need to make the hard choice of what you include and what not. Concentrate on the important bit which is currently ship combat as you all admit and agree, don't bring any ideas unrelated to it so you won't even be tempted to get distracted on unimportant things. It is not about good or bad ideas (OFC anything fun is a good idea), it's about completing the set of core ideas around which the mod exists, nothing more, not until the core is complete. Instead of focusing on rather unimportant mechanics solve the most important bits - There is a very limited idea of how combat will work, what weapons, armor and machinery it should include. You don't even have a unified stats system with specific explanation of measurement units and the ratios of them.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:27 am

Iv121 wrote:Hey when the hell mad prophets were ever popular ?
Prophets frequently end their lives in horrifyingly painful ways. Isaiah was sawed in half, wasn't he? And one of them was torn apart by horses. And a bunch were burned, and another of them was left to starve to death in a cistern. If you're going to think of yourself as a prophet, it would be wise to remember them. :tongue:
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

at this point again if you
would be smart enough to stick to your idea and do try to help
you would look at the nominations [not that you support it but still]
and try to nominate some ideas for yourselve

and if yo look at the ideas there you would see that im trying to set up boundrys
so people can think of things within that making it more focused and more clear

people dont want me doing that because they love it debating and discussing
i think that wen the mod would be out many of them wouldnt play it

i tryd to put up a statistic system
and i have asked for clear speed measurements
and energy use

for the weapon part i have a idea on the nominations
and for the shielding system i used your idea number

so if these nominations would be accepted we have all we need for a decent basic mod

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 am

Last_Jedi_St&#x90;anding wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Hey when the hell mad prophets were ever popular ?
Prophets frequently end their lives in horrifyingly painful ways. Isaiah was sawed in half, wasn't he? And one of them was torn apart by horses. And a bunch were burned, and another of them was left to starve to death in a cistern. If you're going to think of yourself as a prophet, it would be wise to remember them. :tongue:
I'm not calling myself a prophet (which is punished by death BTW). Although most Biblical prophets had a bad life (Couse yea nobody liked them - they mostly come to say what you don't want to hear) all of them died old if I remember right. The closest anyone got to dying badly was Jeremiah who was blamed to be a fake prophet ( as I said it is punishable by death) but he was later acquitted .

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 pm

I mostly agree with Iv.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -