stats and stuff

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
stats and stuff

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 pm

i am putting alot of my ideas for statistics on this topic because i have alot of ideas for human alteration and mutation but first you need to read this
to understand my statistiscs then ask questions and then i will add the rest

there would be stats in the first place because otherwise there wouldnt be anything to upgrade
so
here they are with explanation in the download you see it properly
Spoiler:
Circumstances
Everything that’s not under your control that affects your body
Things like gravity weather temperature and such here you also see the stats of the planet where you are on

Actual
it takes all calculations and puts them together the effect your amor has would be counted too
you can see this change by the second

health
your health is still shown in hearts only now It could be affected by the environment there could be planets that slowly suck your life from you or just give it
when I mean slowly I mean half a heart a minute

hunger
hunger is somewhat altered
you would have a longer hunger bar but with different effect from the starting 20
you would need atleast one to survive if you have les you just die
if you have 10 you would start consuming more energy[see energy]
if you have 7 you would lose the ability to sprint
on 14 you would start consuming fat
fat is a storage for food to have even more with you. You could have as much as you want with only one downside fat would take weight

Hydration
this is an extra bar that would be also shown in your screen
it’s the amount of thirst you have
you need an percentage water if you don’t have this you would lose energy ,gain hunger and raise your temperature [see temperature]
if you have more then 20% below the minimum you would die
the percentage needed to stay okay is shown in the normal tab of your stats
you lose water by doing actions and consuming energy you would also lose it over time
but the starting point is when you drink when you drink it would be set to 70 % this would be lowered until you die or you reach th planets hydration lvl on the example its 60% when you hit this you could drop another 20 % but then you stop with the possibility to have negative effects
on most planets it would be possible to at least have negative effects but only on certain planets it would be possible to die.

Energy
Energy would be needed for actions of the 100 you get at the start
You would be able to lose 60 very quick but then the negative effects come in first you lose 20 kilos of carring capacity, you would be slower in adjusting to situations and you would burn fat very fast.
Also your healing speed would drop and you wouldn’t be able to sprint.
Energy when fast consumed raises the temperature and gives thirst
You get energy by sleeping eating and consuming energy peps.

Weight
Your weight is shown in two numbers
The first is your weight at the moment:

Included your body I went for 70 kl
And your inventory instead of putting items in stacks of 64 you could now keep stacking
With the limit of its weight we give each item a weight and when your maximimum is reached you wouldn’t be able to pick it up so there is enough inventory space but it the question what to do with
it.

The second one is your maximum carrying capacity

Both are affected by gravity
Gravity is shown in percentages in the second column
Earth is 100% gravity this is the normal
Say you get somewhere with a gravity with 110% your body would be less able to withstand force so your carrying capacity is lowered by the percentage on top of the standard so you had 200 now you have 180
But the weight of the items in your inventory rose by the same calculation
So a sword of 5 kl is now 5,5
That seems no big deal but when you have a pile of cobble with you it could add up
But also your own body has to deal with gravity where you were 70 kl now you are now 77 kl
If your weight is higher than the amount of carrying capacity you would be crushed to death
But when you are somewhere were the gravity is 80% your body needs less strength to keep up so your carrying capacity is increased by 20%
And your weight is decreased by 20%
Strength
Your strength is a different name for your carrying capacity
This will increase when you carry 50 % or more of your max
It would slowly fill a adjust bar until you lvl up when you lvl up you get another 10 kl of strength

Speed
The amount of blocks you run per second
This could be affected by gravity
Or armor

Sight
A planet could have a limited line of sight because of a thick fog
Armor could lift this

Sound
sound travels in different ways but always thru air
so in space you wouldn’t hear a thing
but on different planets you could have different air so different sound

it could be fast that doesn’t mean you would hear it high pitched or like its fast winded
but it would mean it would be heard of all directions at once like in the water this way you couldn’t hear where it comes from.

It could be slow that means you hear it sometime after the sound was made

Distorted this could mean the sound would be complete wrong high pitched low pitched or even sometimes not at all

Armor pieces or sensors could detect the problem and could alter it to normal

Temperature
The temperature is environment dependent but also fire or light of torches have influence
Being in the adjacencie of lava or water alters it.
When you use energy you also gain temprature

You could have tempratures from -100 upto 100
On the normal tempratures column you see between what tempratures you are best
Here it is between 15 and 40 degrees

Minus
When you are lower than the lowest number you would start to lose energy
To heat you. but you will start to drain water from your environment.
The fat you have lowers the speed your temperature drops under zero
If you are 30 degrees below the lowest number you die

Even
If you are between the two numbers you would be best
There are no positive effects
Consuming water
Or having water on you
Or in your suit would decrease the speed at wich your temperature changes

Plus
If your temperature is higher than the highest number you would lose water faster than normal
Also you hunger would suffer
then you would want to alter this in diffrent ways that are not to hard for the server to manage
first of these stats shouldnt be calculated every second i think it should be calculated one by one and calmly applied because it has no hurry
also if you suffer damage all these stats would change by the second so i think as long as you keep getting damage by the world [people firing on you -falling that kind of things] your stats exept health would remain the same and act like you have these stats once safe it would resume calculating

organ adjustments
Spoiler:
first of organ adjustments you read the part where all the diffrent stats where now its all connected to this because
my idea for organs and gen adjustments is having a spot in your inventory next to your stats where you can see a couple of your organs:
stomach
bones
blood
skin
lungs
feet[not an organ but you will get what im saying
eyes
eares
these would all be able to change by making diffrent ones and implementing them
how to do that i havent thought of but i know what they should do

like the blood the blood has three purposes
1. maintaining the body temprature you could change this and so shifting the bar in wich you are comfortable
so instead of liking 15 to 40 degrees you could shift it to 25 to 50 degrees and backwards so it wouldnt be actual better but diffrent this way you could survive better on hotter planets

2. circulating the air by doing this you get air to the energy no air no energy no air no health so changin this would cause you to need more oxygen [faster drowning] but you would have an slower depleting energy bar

3. i would like diffrent kinds of air [gonna explain later] so with diffrent kinds of blood you could have diffrent reactions on diffrent kinds of air

this was an example i have much more but first you have to look at the doc and this
pleasseeee download this

[url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pKLyHSV5c_8VWXPd_Ac7MQFtBo2U5z5MR9VE3000-SY/edit?usp=sharing]LINK TO GOOGLE DOC[/url]
Attachments
Stats.rar
(33.81KiB)Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by joykler on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: stats and stuff

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm

This seems sketchy. If you have ideas, type them here. I wouldn't download this. I will say right off the bat that I think we decided there wouldn't be stuff like mutation or complicated cybernetics and @#$% because that was too complicated and hard to balance.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 pm

i have thought about it
an i have found a balanced way of dealing with it
this would also be rather easy to make because all the components are already in the game but i cant type it out because then you couldnt see the tabels if i could do that i would
nothing would happen if you download this you wil find a word doc
with an tabel with stats
and under that an explanation

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Upload it as a public google doc then. That will make collaboration easier anyway.
It's really easy to do nowadays.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm

sure
but ...
how

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 am

okey i have posted a piece but i would like it if you would download the doc for the table

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 am

This is way to complicated. People want to have fun, not worry about how they might not be able to carry all their inventory because they're too thirsty. Futurecraft is a mod about the future: with space-ships, robots and guns. It is not about having to survive realistically, you should have a look at the Terrafirmacraft mod for that.
This is a signature.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 am

What do we want to do about sound? Should we have sound in space? It might be kind of unsettling not to have it. I've also been humoring the idea of having realistic sound propagation in the atmosphere. If something explodes in the distance, you won't hear it until the sound reaches you, and you could also have a doppler effect, maybe. I don't know exactly what lwjgl offers for sound playback but I think it could be neat.

buggy1997123
Cadet
Cadet

Post by buggy1997123 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:What do we want to do about sound? Should we have sound in space? It might be kind of unsettling not to have it. I've also been humoring the idea of having realistic sound propagation in the atmosphere. If something explodes in the distance, you won't hear it until the sound reaches you, and you could also have a doppler effect, maybe. I don't know exactly what lwjgl offers for sound playback but I think it could be neat.
No sound in space could be interesting, but I don't think it would be great if there were NO sounds, period. There should be sounds that you would logically hear in space when there is nothing to break the silence, IE, the mechanisms of your suit, your breathing, that odd quiet buzzing sound that blood makes. It could be interesting if space was unsettling like that.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

yes that would be intresting but could you post that somewhere else

@ mackaroth
i was hoping to get questions first and being roared at later

yes people would have to figure this out and it maybe not so simple
but your advanced machinery wouldnt be easy either

and i dont want just realistic survival but i think you would mis a large part of the future if you didnt do anything about genteck and manipulation
and there is nothing to manipulate if there were no stats. by using this you could have players going in completely diffrent directions developing themselves and getting there own specialties

and the thing with having to worry about their carrying capacity
okey maybe we need to raise the amount you can carry but your thing about having to worry for water because otherwise you would lack space is comlete nonsense
there it would be nice to ask questions because i didnt give any kind of timing to it but here it is

for strenght there are two variables gravity and energy
so with a starting amount of 200 [could be more] there would be gravity yes i thought the highest amount of gravity would be 120% that would mean you could carry 140 kilos then your energy comes in
[energy is what the hunger bar is now but longer and hunger changes completly, to completly exhaust your energy i was thinking of 3 minecraft days 33 energy points a day with normal conditions. then you need to refil it by sleeping i was thinking about 10 minutes in a bed or logging of for more then a hour. there would also be alot of energy up medicen and stuff] if it is at 40 energy points you would lose another 20 kilos

then you would have 120 left

now you said your hydratation would affect your carrying capacity thats true so lets end this calculation

saying earth would have 54% hydratation minus 20% is 24% hydratation thats 16 points below your minimum you would survive this but you would start to lose energy faster by 4%

so of the 100 energy points you would lose it 4% faster

so again to draw it out for you the conditions where you have to be in
before you lose an reasonoble amount of carry is

you have to be dry for atleast 3 hours on a planet you know is dry enough for concequences
after that you have to wait atleast 2 days before your carryin capacity would drop
and then you would lose 20 kilos
of the 200
bohoo

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am

spesh marines don't need to eat. Or maybe they do, but they can eat rocks or something. Wait, wasn't that tyranids. Either way, I don't really think we should over-complicate this.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:19 am

I think this is way over complicated, we are playing minecraft, not skyrim (or whatever)
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 am

i have thought about that thats why it has to be implemented because otherwise everyone would be an space marine

but in my idea you wouldhave diffrent organs incluiding a stomach
and an upgrade for your stomach would be that you could eat everything with the downside you wouldnt get as much nutrition of normal food
everything would be 1/2 hunger point

really i have thought about all of this
and can you pleaasee ask questions before you make assumptions or say it doesnt have to be put in
if people start to do that i know wich parts are usefull

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am

but the things were able to do are yust as difficult if not more difficult
and i like the part in skyrim were you can almost completly adjust your character

i really mis that in minecraft

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 am

joykler wrote:i have thought about that thats why it has to be implemented because otherwise everyone would be an space marine

but in my idea you wouldhave diffrent organs incluiding a stomach
and an upgrade for your stomach would be that you could eat everything with the downside you wouldnt get as much nutrition of normal food
everything would be 1/2 hunger point

really i have thought about all of this
and can you pleaasee ask questions before you make assumptions or say it doesnt have to be put in
if people start to do that i know wich parts are usefull

Everybody is a space marine. I think that's the easiest way to explain our very quick metabolisms, incredible strength, and ability to respawn.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -