Wiki things

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Wiki things

Post by Keon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 pm

http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Semi- ... of_Weapons!
http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Semi- ... f_Machines
http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Semi- ... f_Vehicles
http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Semi- ... ld_Weapons

Please help me fill them out. Once they are somewhat filled out, I'll make a post on the MCForums post like this one asking for advice there.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Re: Wiki things

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 am

i think mechs wouldnt only be for fighting
they are also great for big mining or wood cutting with a single punch
we also discussed they might be used to carry items and farm

but you can do more in the vehicle section
what about our zepplin like thing
and the fighters and the dreadnaughts

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 am

I suggest you not to write entries in the wiki yet. With such sketchy idea at best about what we gonna do it's pointless at this point plus it's one big mess already with loads of articles that we cannot classify as "cannon" or "non-cannon". I myself believe that having a page for every player made faction will be a catastrophic mess due to the difficulty in monitoring and maintaining it. I doubt that a guy who closes his faction would bother to delete its page, I believe there will be many flying pony stuff that ruins immersion, overall inconsistencies with the fully "cannon" story that will confuse people ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Agreed, though this thread really has nothing to do with factions or community lore.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Iv121 wrote:I suggest you not to write entries in the wiki yet. With such sketchy idea at best about what we gonna do it's pointless at this point plus it's one big mess already with loads of articles that we cannot classify as "cannon" or "non-cannon". I myself believe that having a page for every player made faction will be a catastrophic mess due to the difficulty in monitoring and maintaining it. I doubt that a guy who closes his faction would bother to delete its page, I believe there will be many flying pony stuff that ruins immersion, overall inconsistencies with the fully "cannon" story that will confuse people ...
do you mean canon?
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Iv121 wrote:I suggest you not to write entries in the wiki yet. With such sketchy idea at best about what we gonna do it's pointless at this point plus it's one big mess already with loads of articles that we cannot classify as "cannon" or "non-cannon". I myself believe that having a page for every player made faction will be a catastrophic mess due to the difficulty in monitoring and maintaining it. I doubt that a guy who closes his faction would bother to delete its page, I believe there will be many flying pony stuff that ruins immersion, overall inconsistencies with the fully "cannon" story that will confuse people ...
do you mean canon?

No, he means that he would like to shoot the story out of a cannon :/
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:09 pm

These wiki articles are just for me to get an idea for what needs implementing. ofc I would like to do it in very few items, but have those be custom and nameable, and maybe even have more sprites. I don't know.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 pm

what needs implementing ?
thats what im doing...

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Nah, you're the ideas guy, ideas which are usually about game mechanics rather than content.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:41 pm

ah ok...

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 pm

As I've said numerous times, Joykler's job is supposed to be locating discussion and debate threads and organizing them into something coherent. Anything beyond that, including voting on which ideas have the most merit, is extraneous and is being done in an unofficial capacity.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

I said nothing contradicting that.
— David Langford
Spoiler: