commanding your ships

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Re: commanding your ships

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
joykler wrote:i need more power
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't just deny him the opportunity to do some good because of how you personally feel about him. That's wrong...joykler wants to help out and all you can do is hate due to your pre-existing bias that's based on something as trivial as grammar. I'm going to make him full admin so he can fulfill the role given to him and we can finally get the mod going again, hopefully in the process clearing this subforum of the useless clutter that makes it so useless.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 pm

You just gave cool3303 adminboat. Remember what happened last thyme?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 am

I dont want it to be anything like flying in soase and I dont want flying to be anything like it is in ksp (AT ALL). I like the total control you have over your ships like in planetside 2. i like the flying mechanics in that game. will we need people to man our turrets for us or will that be completely up to the pilot? if its up to the pilot then the left mouse click could fire the guns on the left side and right click could do the opposite. dont know about super weapons. spacebar?
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
joykler wrote:i need more power
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you even READ his post?

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 am

i think the pilot wont be in controll of the gunns maybe a few automatic guns to destroy incoming asteroids
the defence manager would be in charge of the aggresivity of the turret weapons and the actual firing of the big guns
the rest would be done by players or npcs manning the rest of the weapons

he would also be able to increase or decrease weapon power at the diffrent sides of the ship

and thank you for making me a admin i wont abuse it

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm

The weaponry/defensive officer would have control of the weapons in a moderately sized boat (frigate, small cruisers). If there are too many weapons, then they could be controlled by an AI or player/NCP. Things like anti-fighter weaponry would need to be controlled independently, as they would need constant readjusting and firing. Small ship (small ships that lack a weaponry officer) weaponry would just be controlled by the pilot or another officer.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 pm

yes the officer would only have real control of large weopons
and defensive systems
but anti fighter weaponry would be only controlled bu setting how much energy/ammo they are allowed to use
and isnt this the nomination worth

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Aye, but it requires further discussion.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 am

Every machine should be connectable to a network and every console/terminal can access information and machine settings that access has been granted for.
If you are the captain, you can login and use a password to access everything from every terminal.
The main server is the spaceship core.
Direct access to the core+captain password are required to change security settings.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am

yes and the status manager
can change the system by activating the status console

and can manually controll the ship
in a very simple way
by using and stopping separate engines
thus changing the direction

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 am

joykler wrote:yes and the status manager
can change the system by activating the status console

and can manually controll the ship
in a very simple way
by using and stopping separate engines
thus changing the direction
I was more thinking of a terminal-like access system.
So there isn´t a designated status manager or something, but status consoles allowing anyone to be the status manager.
Useful if your status manager ragequits and you need a replacement quickly.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am

thats why jobs overlap
if a status manager rage quits in middle of battle
firts you are toast [because you dont know what he has done[and nobody else would know]]
and the captain always can quickly change position by pressing keybinds while in captain chair

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

joykler wrote:i think the pilot wont be in controll of the gunns maybe a few automatic guns to destroy incoming asteroids
the defence manager would be in charge of the aggresivity of the turret weapons and the actual firing of the big guns
the rest would be done by players or npcs manning the rest of the weapons

he would also be able to increase or decrease weapon power at the diffrent sides of the ship

and thank you for making me a admin i wont abuse it
incoming asteroids? How often will we have to deal with THAT?

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

catsonmeth wrote:The weaponry/defensive officer would have control of the weapons in a moderately sized boat (frigate, small cruisers). If there are too many weapons, then they could be controlled by an AI or player/NCP. Things like anti-fighter weaponry would need to be controlled independently, as they would need constant readjusting and firing. Small ship (small ships that lack a weaponry officer) weaponry would just be controlled by the pilot or another officer.
Okay so are these officers NPCs? I think it would be a lot to ask of a faction to have players other than the pilot control the guns. When I think of a faction for this mod I think of a fleet of twenty or so ships, one for each player. But when you need multiple players on one ship, especially one per gun, then the biggest battles we'll see will be between fleets of 2 or 3 ships.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:55 pm

no if a ship is player controlled
the standard occupation for a battle would be six players
thats on the whole ship
players could perform other tasks

but these six are the basics
then the minimum you would need on a PLAYER CONTROLLED SHIP is 1

the separate guns can be controlled by players or npcs
but the officer just says how much power goes to the overal guns in a certain area
and he fires the doomsday guns
and readjusts the shields
look at the amount of ammoniton currently loaded

then you would also have factions with flag/capital ships
these ships can order a certain formation/behavior in wich the uncontrolled ships around it would behave like
these uncontrolled ships would be less effective but just carry out their ai

an controlled ship can also be partially controlled by the capital/flagship
because the flagship can change their status [like how much energy they would spend on what] their target [what ship most cannons would go after if they were automatic]
and where they have to go [using their gps as i mentioned before]