dieng

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
dieng

Post by joykler » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:21 pm

what if ...
you dont die when you die

i think it would be cool to faint when you would normaly die
if you faint you fall on the ground and see a button with respawn
and a timer that counts down if lets say 20 minutes after you die you stil lie there you just die and have to respawn
but when help arrives they can trie to wake you up
no im not thinkin like black ops where you would stand up and it wouldn matter that you were almost dead
no i think revivng someone should take minutes and after that the player would have side affects
but would be alive

it would be good to stay awake because you keep your inventory and your points stats
but when you are dead you can still get damage
if you receive a certain amount of damage after you are dead i think 50% of your max health
you are unriviveble and you just respawn
a single hit of a very powerfull gun can do this
bur most guns would just deal some damage

when you are in an dangerous eviroment you would get damage too because you would suffocate of something so you can still die

this way there would be much more teaming up
and it would be fun to act out a real battle field with garneys and stuff

also it would prevent spawn killing because the players can choose to stop respawning for a while until the enemy is gone

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: dieng

Post by  ҉  » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

are you gonna use that everytime

then tell me in a reasonable way why not

its fun
i think its easy to make
and it adds alot to the game
and it asboslutely is within the scope of the mod

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

joykler wrote:are you gonna use that everytime

then tell me in a reasonable way why not

its fun
i think its easy to make
and it adds alot to the game
and it asboslutely is within the scope of the mod
Ok while I don't like jedi's bluntness, I have to agree with him, normal respawning is fine, there is a saying where I live, don't try to fix something that isn't broken, and this isn't broken, so this "fix" isn't needed, and won't have enough benefit to justify it.

Also we are trying to keep that minecraft feel, and the fear of losing your inventory is a pretty big part of minecraft, removing it would suck, and you would get fearless greifers and pvpers, which sucks.

Also it is called DYING for a reason, in that you DIE, games without dying suck.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm

wait wait
you still die
only you have the possibility to postpone that

if you hit zero life
you have a button with respawn if you do this it will work just like normal you lose your inventory points everythin
but you can also choose to wait in hope for someone to save you
i think it would be fun that in this time other players can also steal from you because you are just lieing there unconscieous
and people can bring you back to life

greifers wont be happy because noone would revive them and if reviving takes about 3 minutes it would be someting people have to think about
what if people only spawn on home planets and they can go with the space ship or to other planets but if they die they lose their inventory and go back to home
in a war that would be inconvenient so an army would have an actual sick bay for riviving their dead
if people would be able to carry other unconsieuos players and give them medicene to strech the death clock
it would be a huge part of the game and it immedieatly takes away the part of where to spawn

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 pm

So basically D&D's system of negative hitpoints? That works in a tabletop game, but not in this. I don't want to sit there and wait for a revive when I could be playing. Plus, I would just be shooting people in the face one more time to confirm kill and get their loot.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Or, instead of respawning in a bed/at Home planet, there would be cloning pods that could be placed that would serve as many people's spawn points. That way, saboteurs have an additional target, people don't get dragged from the battlefield, and people won't be at home world when they die. Also, nobody has time to revive people, and no one would because no one likes anyone.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

1. A system of negative hitpoints could work. Maybe if your health is at -4 you just die. If you still have some left then you will bleed out slowly, but can still be revived or killed by a mob/player. It could work and could make the game better, but it would have to be done right and is frankly more trouble than it's worth.

2. You should only be able to have one cryotube/cloning thingy at a time, and it should need a power source to function. If you die and don't have one of them, then you spawn on your homeplanet. This would take a marine out of the battlefield completely if his ship is destroyed.

3. I still like the idea of a Nether hell. It would serve as a penalty for dying. Perhaps a cloning pod would counteract the penalty.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Have you ever seen the youtube comments on a video where the poster makes one single comment about religion? No hell.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 am

is it that big a deal to make a timer on death

i dont know im not a modder
but i do think it would be very fun an makes teams stick toghether
because they would have to save eachother

and it immediatly takes away the point of having bodys lying around because while in a battle enough players would want to wait for help so the battlefield would look realistic because of all the bodys lying around

andthink about the diplomatics in most wars people would barter for the right to clean up their bodys

and the fun of scavanging piles of bodys for valuables you would get right after a battle alot of newly spawned seeking for treasure and because the bodys would lie there
the items dont decay

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 am

Considering the size of the universe immediate spawning should be just fine ... Just the spawn is located far from the events on some living planet or station ...

Scavenging works easy in minecraft - you pick the items they dropped , Simple as that . Didn't get on time ? too bad, probably you didn't kill that guy . Also what people will carry in their pockets won't be worth that much, the most money goes on ships.

Lying bodies won't make the battle much more realistic and will look odd in minecraft.

Also in WW2 The Russians lost 20 million, nobody cared about the bodies ...

Finally as much as I'd like to see big groups of many friends (which will happen occasionally) most of the time people will be alone with some NPCs running their ship or fighting close quarters on it ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN