Outside appearence

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Outside appearence

Post by Prototype » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am

Iv121 wrote:I'm talking about futurecraft OFC ! :) .
Well duh, but what can we use at the moment, for we need cool looking eye catching stuff that I can tactically attach to the MCF/ Minecraft SMP.de post about the content pack, in order to get more people (hopefully coding people) interested in FC
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 am

See , at this point there is just ... no alternative yet. I'm currently more worried about getting our mod going. We need content to showcase. For example someone could design a fighter mesh set. Fighters are the best way to attract more attention for now in my opinion. We need to discuss first the modular system we want for it.

In short, what we came to before is that there are many fighter parts with universal connection methods. This was it is possible to make varied fighters possible. On the inside they will be equipped with tech using a special large crafting bench where you put items around like if you built the fighter in real minecraft, this way effecting it's stats, abilities and functionalities.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 am

Iv121 wrote:See , at this point there is just ... no alternative yet. I'm currently more worried about getting our mod going. We need content to showcase. For example someone could design a fighter mesh set. Fighters are the best way to attract more attention for now in my opinion. We need to discuss first the modular system we want for it.

In short, what we came to before is that there are many fighter parts with universal connection methods. This was it is possible to make varied fighters possible. On the inside they will be equipped with tech using a special large crafting bench where you put items around like if you built the fighter in real minecraft, this way effecting it's stats, abilities and functionalities.
Good!
Also, different hulls that can support different ammounts of weapons, engines and interior machines.
That way, one could build a (short range) FTL-capable, repulsor equipped variable fighter with 2 lazors and 6 missile launchers.
Something like Steves carts, only with ALL THE TECH.
Including Ground vehicles, mech and even some machines (same machine on the outside, but different weapons)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:57 am

Well I can say that my Flan pack was built using a modular system, I could make variations on various models at later points, I.E. i could give the A-144 a delta wing, or the WIP AR-15 a wing like what is on the SU-47 or something, which would be fairly easy.

as for meshes (like .obj meshes) i can make a few in blender, but can't put them in game yet.

EDIT: I can also say that the two different skins for the A-144 would be examples of how the fighter would differ if it were made using different materials.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

First of all we need to make the fighters. I can work out some designs for you. But before we do it we must decide how the modules connect together flawlessly. One possibility that I favor is to make series of fighters with a specific mesh set. This way we don't limit ourselves (for example I can have a model that supports 2 wings to the sides or a model with the whole 6 package, or none at all). As I'm not that great in modelling I will let modellers to decide how the linking point will look like, something that can host a big array of parts. Maybe it makes sense to make those parts first as concept and then think about linking them. Also I think some generic items can be added on top of the mesh (Clipping into it partially so it looks like it's part of the hull). This can actually lead to a whole new way of doing it - having different meshes and mash them together like that, slightly clipping them into each other. This allows for mroe creativity and freedom yet leaves more place for flawed designs such as maybe wings that are only partially in the mesh making some ships look quite messed up and ugly.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am

I think the best way to do that is to have certain "Flat points" on each frame, in the same position, the frames can be modelled, then the parts can be modelled with their positions in relation to the frame, with "flat points" on each part, that connect to the corresponding flat point on the frame, in exactly the same position, if that makes sense to anyone.

I can do something like this with the Flan models, only i have to interchange certain shapes in the model code, but it gives the same effect, I am doing this for the AR-15.

EDIT: I can actually make various "wing parts" in Flan's mod, then i can make different versions of the same frame come out from each different part, but this may take some time to achieve, I'll have to make every possible combination its own model, so there won't be so many variations to start.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 pm

The models we currently do are more of a resource that we'll use later (we will need the models sooner or later) and now we just make the meshes to show off a litle :) .

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

by meshes do you mean something you make with blender, or like what I'm doing, just to clarify.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Iv121 wrote:First of all we need to make the fighters. I can work out some designs for you. But before we do it we must decide how the modules connect together flawlessly. One possibility that I favor is to make series of fighters with a specific mesh set. This way we don't limit ourselves (for example I can have a model that supports 2 wings to the sides or a model with the whole 6 package, or none at all).
I've been calling them sockets, personally.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:First of all we need to make the fighters. I can work out some designs for you. But before we do it we must decide how the modules connect together flawlessly. One possibility that I favor is to make series of fighters with a specific mesh set. This way we don't limit ourselves (for example I can have a model that supports 2 wings to the sides or a model with the whole 6 package, or none at all).
I've been calling them sockets, personally.
That sounds like a better than flat points
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Somebody want to do a promo showcasing some ships?
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Too early, people don't need our ships, they need our mod, in our case flying ships. While Frost is working on it we need to work on other sorts of content. I our case I think it's best to work on fighters because they give the most impressive results in the shortest time.