Droppods

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Droppods

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

a piece of what?
Do you mean rubber?
That´s rediculous...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:34 pm

rubbel / rubbish

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Makes even less sense...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

you can attach it or put it inside a piece of crap thaths floating thru space in your area then you attach it climb in it and make it rain down on a planet
ships can be made to gather crap for use of droppods
crap can be shot in catapults with the bio pods inside and people would ruin someones planet and then take it over

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Seeing it now. We could have the "Crap Compressor" module installed on ships...
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:01 pm

with wat purpose
to compress crap into pods ?

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:02 pm

joykler wrote:you can attach it or put it inside a piece of crap thaths floating thru space in your area then you attach it climb in it and make it rain down on a planet
ships can be made to gather crap for use of droppods
crap can be shot in catapults with the bio pods inside and people would ruin someones planet and then take it over
Now it makes more sense...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

We are not adding a toilet bar.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

you would have debrey eventually on your planet and outside if there would be meteors they would fly thru space
a lot of the aliens espescialy the insect like ones crawl out of space debrey so why dont use that
you hide your thing in the debrey and steer it into an planet whats not to understand
in large groups it would be terrifying to see things falling down without much that you can do because sure you can shoot it but you will have no certanty that it would do anyting
because
take a large meteor
the pod would be about 2 blocks long and it could be fasing all directions
so the pod would fit about 10 times in a single meteor so ten people can spawn there
and if you come with then meteors that would start to deal area damage that would disrubt any defence system because you dont know where they will come from
and out of some people wil come out
and some will just ly there without doing anything
you can shoot them apart but if the main pod survives and reaches the planet he would have succeeded
and if the one inside the pod hid him well there would be dealt no harm to him
but with 10 people inside the defence would have to hit something but because you come in big numbers or with alot of decoy nothing would happen to you

examples of meteor pods
40k the orcs climb into meteors and let them be trown to another planet
alien
transformers yes they come in crap

i dont mean literally crap i mean space junk/rubbish/rubbel/crap

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 pm

joykler wrote:you would have debrey eventually on your planet and outside if there would be meteors they would fly thru space
a lot of the aliens espescialy the insect like ones crawl out of space debrey so why dont use that
you hide your thing in the debrey and steer it into an planet whats not to understand
in large groups it would be terrifying to see things falling down without much that you can do because sure you can shoot it but you will have no certanty that it would do anyting
because
take a large meteor
the pod would be about 2 blocks long and it could be fasing all directions
so the pod would fit about 10 times in a single meteor so ten people can spawn there
and if you come with then meteors that would start to deal area damage that would disrubt any defence system because you dont know where they will come from
and out of some people wil come out
and some will just ly there without doing anything
you can shoot them apart but if the main pod survives and reaches the planet he would have succeeded
and if the one inside the pod hid him well there would be dealt no harm to him
but with 10 people inside the defence would have to hit something but because you come in big numbers or with alot of decoy nothing would happen to you

examples of meteor pods
40k the orcs climb into meteors and let them be trown to another planet
alien
transformers yes they come in crap

i dont mean literally crap i mean space junk/rubbish/rubbel/crap
I can see it now- giant pieces of shit floating through space, gathered by Cosmic Turd Hunters. Me being implanted inside a poo, which will be called a Mother Turd, then a colossal throwing mechanism flings me toward the Galactic Fan.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
I can see it now- giant pieces of shit floating through space, gathered by Cosmic Turd Hunters. Me being implanted inside a poo, which will be called a Mother Turd, then a colossal throwing mechanism flings me toward the Galactic Fan.
I can see it now
"Launch me!" he cried.
"Its too soon! We need to wait o single the war!"
"TOO BAD TIME FOR SHIT TO HIT THE FAN!" he yells slamming the launch button.
Thus began the first galactic war.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Asteroids rarely actually hit planets, and maneuvering one would be akin to waving a massive, radioactive red flag above you. Everyone in system would notice and know right away what you were doing. Besides, if a empire actually doesn't notice large chunks of rock capable of taking out a city hurtling towards them, they deserve to die. An when empires inevitably and 98% of the time notice, they'll launch a nuke at the asteroid.

Not to mention having a pod in an asteroid capable of surviving the crash would be very very expensive, because
A: The asteroid kinda...... Blows up when it hits the surface. Usually with the force of several hundred nuclear weapons.
B: Even if the pod survived that, the planet would be useless because of massive environmental changes caused by a large chunk of rock hitting it.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

think a little smaller would someone notice it way before hand that a meteor of say 20x 20 would fall on his planet
i gues not depends of course of the size of the planet but with ships that big a meteor of this size wouldnt be noticed
then you have the space junk that would sometimes look like normal ships going a little too fas
eventually this would work only if there has been effort put into designing meteors, wreckage movement of these
and then the bio pods

and if a group of small meteors would come your way you could nuke it but the chance of hitting your own troops would be far greater than hitting an cloud of debris

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm

I think this is all because people are too polite to say "no joykler, I don't like that idea." So I'll say it.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm

You ever notice how things burn up in atmospheres? And ever notice how much anti-heat ablatives it takes to keep things below melting? That's why dropping asteroids with bio-pods is a bad idea. If it's big enough that the asteroid won't completely burn up, it'll be collected by a harvester and processed/lase'd by asteroid defenses. If it's small enough not to be noticed, the bio-pod burns in entry and is then crumpled like a tin can against the ground.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: