stats and stuff

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Re: stats and stuff

Post by Keon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah, just a few calls to update a global variable every time a significant event happens, like dropping a nuke, or pumping air in, shouldn't be too laggy.

The main ones should be 2d, air pressure and temperature, but then others like radiation and humidity can be others that wouldn't be interacted with as much.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:38 am

i already had it implemented exept the food
because i sayd if the air would be wet enough it your hydratation would stay in the green zone
and if people started to say this was a good plan then im gonna explain drugs
genteck
mutation

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:44 am

We could put some kind of hydrometer in that sidebar I mentioned earlier, but it doesn't need to be an important mechanic.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Why would we need water? That just makes everything 50% harder, and makes people have to take the time to drink and stuff. Not important, useful, or fun in any way.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Because IRL water is more of a necessity than food. Methinks we should also have a finite water system, no more infinite wells.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Because IRL water is more of a necessity than food. Methinks we should also have a finite water system, no more infinite wells.
We are in MC, not in RL...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:10 pm

just keep the infinite water but make only certain water drinkable
maybe you would have to procces it

and people look at my idea that way it wouldnt too annoying

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:Because IRL water is more of a necessity than food. Methinks we should also have a finite water system, no more infinite wells.
We are in MC, not in RL...
Oh, damn. That changes my entire opinion on the subject (-_-)
— David Langford
Spoiler:

bsb23
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bsb23 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:56 pm

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but that's the point. Again the split is based on how we play, certain people want the challenge, the adventure, the connectability, the realism, that comes with needing water and other similar requirements. On the other hand it is obvious that others are perfectly fine being able to ignore things like this. They would prefer to focus on main game elements. Which is great! Neither of you are wrong! Minecraft is just more than one game, that's the "magic" of it.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

We should just make some slight enhancements to stats, like decreased hunger loss rates, and then keep it at that. If we're going for realism, we'll have to add a key that you must press every couple seconds to breathe, or else you start dying. We don't need to be very realistic, we just need the content like guns and spaceships and asteroids, not 12 new plants and hydration stats.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 am

okey the breathing is just bulshit thats done automaticly or do you have to think about breathing

and as i said its not only about the realism if that were the point i wouldnt be supporting it
the point is this increases diversity on planets we cant do alot with in temrs of enviroment

an the fact that you want an futuremod
and what i like about future is the part where you can adjust your body to thing or try to survive in harsh conditions
but dont worry i think that my system would be easy enough to maintain
only certain people would maximize their bodys and that would be hard but the normal people would just go with the flow and drink some water from time to time

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 am

Pretty sure there are already mods like that. Whatever we do for this mod is going to be mandatory for everyone playing. I would prefer not to ram mechanics unrelated to the futurecraft theme down player's throats. You might like it but other people are going to hate it, and as long as everyone is playing on a unified set of servers, everybody is required to play by the same set of rules.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 am

okey again it is in all possible ways related to the future because this would make the diffence between planets more clear and easyer to make
for the guns and the armor you want to make you have to have something to add

if you make ten guns that all just one hit kill everyone because thats how overpowerd they are theres no fun in it if you have something to weaken and damage while shooting there would be alot more fun

also things like druggs medicen and that kind of thing would need something to adjust
then there is the adjusting of your body
and im not the only one absolutely not
that likes a body thats upgradable where people can go all ways with their bodys making them cold resisten
turning your body into a tank or maybe make it supersonic

i will post all of my ideas this afernoon

and as i said for people who dont want this it would be very easy to just maintain their bodys
without having to look at all the stats
because exept drinking and sleeping from time to time for those player there wouldnt change much

but for the players who do want the upgradable things they can maximize their body's by getting it at the right temprature with the right nutrition

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 am

Look. There's Futurecraft, and there's TerraFirmaCraft. If you want hyper-realism, to the point where it becomes very difficult to play, check out TFC. It's a great mod. It already has a hydration meter; you can fill it up by drinking out of glass bottles. But this is Futurecraft. Our goal is not hyper-realism. It's spaceships. That's something that several people, not just joykler, don't seem to be getting. Everything is secondary to space, and many things simply don't fit the mod. That's not to say they're bad ideas, but they're not Futurecraft ideas.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 am

so you want handheldweapons that do exactly the same as big spaceship guns because with the stats you currently have thats what you get
when you put more dimensions in it wouldnt have to be to realistic but just a part of the things needed to create future things
and again for the people who dont want this it wouldnt be hard they would only need to drink
while people who do want it could adjust their bodys upto the point of maximum performance
and if people would only need to drink once in the 3 days it wouldnt be such a big point