stats and stuff

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
Re: stats and stuff

Post by joykler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

okey thats weak man
very very weak

just no

we need this

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41 am

Why do we need this, then?
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:52 am

because you already said it would be too hard for planets to be really diffrent in amounts of gravity climate sure a little but you could have air or not and the normal biomes

but with this idea you could add a whole layer of experience to the planets
this would be a extra defence system because the people living there could be adjusted to the enviroment

you need things to register with sensors

you want future craft and this is a part of the future as i said countless times

you also said that if there were diffrent enviroments people couldnt change them back
but this way they can or they can adjust to the enviroment or the enviroment has to change for them
by building oxygen generators that change the stats in a area

not everybody would be focused on fighting
because people are diffrent fighting their own wars
and sometimes not being able to go where they want
because they have to change something

training to get more strenght would be an option for waiting on ships while going somewhere

having a diverse multiplayer would be much more intresting

in my idea you would need more types of food [ i didnt come to that] what means there would have to be more farming and more trading

more trade means more ships more economy bigger citys
more players would be attractted to big citys

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't really like adding a ton of new bars, but I agree that we need some way to make different environments feel different-er. Obviously, gravity is a big thing, but we can't make it so that gravity is greater than earth, only less (Otherwise people can't jump at all.) Water, grass, and even stone colors could vary. Environmental harshness could vary. Fog we can do. Temperature would be a cool thing to do. I guess I just don't like the thirst bar that much, because constantly eating is already a pain, so drinking will be more of one. Still, in really dry places we could have debuffs and so on and they would be cured by adapting or medicine. I kind of like the basic idea.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

I didn't like when the hunger system was added to survival the first time, and I would prefer not to make it even more disruptive. Starvation should not be a real threat in a futuristic civilization unless you are stranded somewhere without civilization.

What do you think about buffing hunger and health with the life support system, so those elements only come into play if life support is damaged or you go off the grid?

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:I didn't like when the hunger system was added to survival the first time, and I would prefer not to make it even more disruptive. Starvation should not be a real threat in a futuristic civilization unless you are stranded somewhere without civilization.

What do you think about buffing hunger and health with the life support system, so those elements only come into play if life support is damaged or you go off the grid?
Yeah, just make hunger, and air vanish once you get to a high level. Your powersuit should be feeding you and giving you air.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:54 am

wait in my idea hunger would play a smaller part but i have alot of ideas for getting water everywhere
the only thing is that you would have to keep your eye on it
and there wouldnt be alot of new bars
you would have your health
air
hunger
no xp
thirst

that means there would be the same amount of bars in the screen

why no xp ? i think we want to have some distance between future and magic
and a sort of xp would be replaced by the fact you could develop yourselfes

and about more gravity

i already heard you couldnt do that
but thats why i have thought of this
because you wouldnt have such large amounts of gravity that you cant jump but
you would have an amount at wich everyting is a little bit heavier

say 20% would be the ultimate top

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:52 am

I really do see the appeal of making food and water commodities for trade, and in a realistic sci-fi setting, they would be, especially on inhospitable worlds. But it is another distraction to the game and doesn't particularly contribute to the rest of the theme. It's more a general idea for a mod than something specifically futurecraft.
We have a big laundry list of features for this mod, but they all relate back to realizing the central goals of the mod: ships, planets, and sci-fi elements with semi-realistic rules.
That's not going to translate well, is it... Realize -> verwirklichen

We can mess around with gravity constants if we want. I would guess, though, that players are going to find higher gravity too unintuitive or cumbersome. On the other hand, lower gravity might work pretty well.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:24 am

and again thats why im asking whil this mod be war for the biggest part because if it is i get it
but if it has to be just future and sci-fi you should add this maybe not for the fact of having it
but for what you can do with it talking about yes trade
but also adjustments things sensors have to read you have to think about when landing on a planet that kind of thing

bsb23
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bsb23 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 am

I agree with joykler, believe it or not. These are great ideas. For the survival world anyways. As seen above some prefer not to be distracted from their gameplay. Which is fine. Additionally XP has benefits in an RPG world and therefore should stay for that universe only. As for time to do it. To my knowledge we are all waiting for Copernicus, including several possible coders, why not put them to work?

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 am

thank youuu !!!!!!!!

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm

I agree with Bsb and Joyk here. Hydration, I think should be incorporated, as well as atmosphere and possibly temperature. Atmosphere and temperature wouldn't be a bar that runs with time, of course, but just something to indicate the toxicity/oxygen content of the atmosphere or heat of the area around you. We also need to think of the effects of diseases, drugs, and other things like that. Poison and potion effects are listed in the inventory menu in vanilla, we could have a kind of side-bar in our player interface screen that has all of our different levels and meters. Radiation, infection, drugs, etc.

@Keon: We need a mechanic that prevents people from keeping their armor on all the time. Limited inventory might work.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:00 pm

catsonmeth wrote:I agree with Bsb and Joyk here. Hydration, I think should be incorporated, as well as atmosphere and possibly temperature. Atmosphere and temperature wouldn't be a bar that runs with time, of course, but just something to indicate the toxicity/oxygen content of the atmosphere or heat of the area around you. We also need to think of the effects of diseases, drugs, and other things like that. Poison and potion effects are listed in the inventory menu in vanilla, we could have a kind of side-bar in our player interface screen that has all of our different levels and meters. Radiation, infection, drugs, etc.

@Keon: We need a mechanic that prevents people from keeping their armor on all the time. Limited inventory might work.
Full power armor would be cumbersome, at least the Spesh Marine type. Other armors, the flexible ones, would need to be charged.

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 pm

I find eating annoying enough as it is, so I don't really like the idea of having to visit a water cooler at all times. But if we somehow detected a "Hostile Environment", then yeah.

Actually, better idea. Everything is hostile until it isn't. The default is a hostile world, but special blocks, like air conditioners and stuff can make it less hostile and then hide hunger and water. This would be done on a planetary/shipside level, or in smaller, house level scales. It would work like Spore's terraforming. The actual blocks wouldn't have to change for terraforming, just some class variables and maybe the sky color.

But none of that stupid "fill in the biosphere" thing.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Keon wrote:I find eating annoying enough as it is, so I don't really like the idea of having to visit a water cooler at all times. But if we somehow detected a "Hostile Environment", then yeah.

Actually, better idea. Everything is hostile until it isn't. The default is a hostile world, but special blocks, like air conditioners and stuff can make it less hostile and then hide hunger and water. This would be done on a planetary/shipside level, or in smaller, house level scales. It would work like Spore's terraforming. The actual blocks wouldn't have to change for terraforming, just some class variables and maybe the sky color.
Spoiler:
But none of that stupid "fill in the biosphere" thing.
I like that idea, Keon. It eliminates the annoyance while still making food/water a priority.

On the subject of terraforming and changing the composition of the atmosphere: it could work by dumping a certain amount of a gas within the world's dimension using a mining craft to raise the percentage of that gas.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *