Thing about universes

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Re: Thing about universes

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 am

I think this is meant to be where we discus the matters of types-of-gameplay, such as catering to a broad player-spectrum's needs, as was going on in the "mechs" topic. This is where Tiel has failed: threads are discussions. If they evolve in topic over the course of this discussion, it can be a good thing (so long as the discussion remains constructive).

Now, for some reason I have a craving for chocolate cake and ice-cream with a swirl of raspberry coulee. And peanut slithers. Mmmmm.... cake....
This is a signature.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 am

I think a survival and a creative universe will suffice.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:29 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:This is where Tiel has failed: threads are discussions.
What does this have to do with me?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am

why does that have to be two universes why cant it be like an holograph
what if when you interact with a special kind of computer it would create an singleplayer flat map
that is stored on that persons computer this map would be creative and in this map you could save your builds
on discs that you can use to give the build to a build machine

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am

joykler wrote:why does that have to be two universes why cant it be like an holograph
what if when you interact with a special kind of computer it would create an singleplayer flat map
that is stored on that persons computer this map would be creative and in this map you could save your builds
on discs that you can use to give the build to a build machine
...Because people want to play in Creative? I don't think you understand the discussion here.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am

people would be in creative only as a part of the main game instead of a total diffrent universe

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm

I still like the idea of other players being able to visit creative worlds even if they can't interact with it directly, or if they can, only via redstone/futurecraft analogue to redstone.

@Joykler
We are doing something similar to your hologram idea with shipyards, storing actual build plans which can then be played back or previewed. I imagine we could expand the system to include prefab buildings as well, but there would have to be limitations.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Temorary redux of mechs

The beauty of tagging- as pointed out by my father, no less- is that anyone can do anything. Yuo can kill EVERYONE. But every time you hit, the server records it and resets your timer.

back to Universes.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

joykler wrote:people would be in creative only as a part of the main game instead of a total diffrent universe
So... some players would be in Creative and some players would be in Survival? C:
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

bsb23
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bsb23 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm

No he is suggesting a creative mode that is seperate from survival but within survival, it could be for testing, designing, building, etc. I love it, that would be really cool, sort of a virtual world.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

bsb23 wrote:No he is suggesting a creative mode that is seperate from survival but within survival, it could be for testing, designing, building, etc. I love it, that would be really cool, sort of a virtual world.
A virtual world where only you are is called single player.

bsb23
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bsb23 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

But a virtual world that is connected to the multiplayer world is called BA. The possibilities are pretty close to endless, data storage, testing, games, not to mention using a place to build blueprints or plan out designs.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 pm

bsb23 wrote:But a virtual world that is connected to the multiplayer world is called BA. The possibilities are pretty close to endless, data storage, testing, games, not to mention using a place to build blueprints or plan out designs.
That's been planned since day shipyard.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am

so just make that for creative players
d

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:41 am

joykler wrote:so just make that for creative players
d
It's for survival, so they can design ships and make templates for buildings and stuff. Creative players get their own thing.
— David Langford
Spoiler: