Aliens

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Argonian
IGN:TinkerPox
Aliens

Post by TinkerPox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

Is anyone making any aliens/mobs yet? I have an excellent idea I could make in techne, its going to be a horned 4-legged lizard that is rapid moving, cold-blooded (can`t be read on thermals!) and attacks in numbers.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Re: Aliens

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Nobody is making Aliens, nor is there any consensus on whether there should even be aliens. Mac thinks there shouldn't be any aliens. I think there should be remnants of an alient civilization, which could pop up from time to time and have artifacts or left-over defenses. We're probably not going to add a bunch of scenery mobs to the game.

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Nobody is making Aliens, nor is there any consensus on whether there should even be aliens. Mac thinks there shouldn't be any aliens. I think there should be remnants of an alient civilization, which could pop up from time to time and have artifacts or left-over defenses. We're probably not going to add a bunch of scenery mobs to the game.
Like wildlife on other planets I mean, but it would be cool.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Any game needs an ultimate badass villain. It is much easier to get him with aliens with our gaming habits. If you plan to make players those villains you will end up promoting PvP all over which is not good - it means you won't dare leaving the dock.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Iv121 wrote:Any game needs an ultimate badass villain. It is much easier to get him with aliens with our gaming habits. If you plan to make players those villains you will end up promoting PvP all over which is not good - it means you won't dare leaving the dock.
Agree, there should be an abundance of wildlife for each type of planet, jungle, desert, rock, ice etc, I will make models for all of them too.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Sandworms?
Spoiler:
Giant beetles/larva? (like this, but 4 meters long)
Spoiler:
Giant jellyfish?
Spoiler:
Leviathan? Ocean dweller, stays near the bottom in trenches and such.
Spoiler:
Last edited by cats on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Sandworms?

Giant beetles?/larva (like this, but 4 meters long)
Spoiler:
Giant jellyfish?
Spoiler:
Leviathan?
Spoiler:
Ya, and I have a few ideas for EXOTIC jungle creatures, like a raptor, that uses 4 legs like a cheetah, cold- blooded rapid moving, hunts in packs, and has horns like argonians in Elder SCrolls

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:Any game needs an ultimate badass villain. It is much easier to get him with aliens with our gaming habits. If you plan to make players those villains you will end up promoting PvP all over which is not good - it means you won't dare leaving the dock.
This was discussed more than once, and if I remember correctly the answer was a firm no each time.

Passive AI would add to ambiance, but the 'omnipotent scary doomguy' stuff is never going to fit into the Futurecraft mythos whatever way you spin it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

TinkerPox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TinkerPox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Some passive, mostly hostile wildlife

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Eh man you cannot decide what you want yourselves. You say you want an overall mod that goes about land combat and space combat all together, yet you only talk about space. You say you want deep strategy in the game yet you prefer to give a ship one generic health pool in a form of a shield instead of allowing players to fortify specific areas and deal with breaches and air leaks. You say you want realism but in the end you take cube planets. You say you want AI, its great for gameplay ! Yet you consider it as a background - nothing more than the cows running around vanilla minecraft (maybe testificates for trading). Forget about the fact it contradicts my opinion - it contradicts your opinion.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 pm

The door's right over there.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

huh ?

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Tiel wrote: There's the door.
=You can leave if you don;t like what's happening to FC.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Good so instead of listening you kick me out ? Thanks, so considerable of you. Listen I’m aware that you blame me in all the faults of this forum. You blame me in causing all of the arguments on the forums for example which for some reason you claim have terrible results. For the record last time when there was a discussion about moderation rights in the court section I ALMOST DID NOT PARTISIPATE YET GOT BLAMED IN ALL OF IT. This is really unfair of you. I'm here to help you and not do be enemies with you, how many times will I have to say it for you to believe me instead of showing the door ? (I'm not talking about the fact that it is insulting) And an interesting fact is that my predictions all come true so far. I've told you that overmedication is a question of time and that it is a problem you shouldn't evade but solve, and here it happened again...

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 pm

I don't remember that futurecraft was meant to be a full strategic war game, I never remember that being the plan.
First priority is building the engine and making ships and space work, everything else is secondary, as in it comes after that.

This is how I've always seen it, correct me if I am wrong.

but things are getting heated where they really should not be.

Also IV, nobody will kick you out, I'll see to it that nobody gets kicked out without reason, all that's happened is people's opinions aren't matching up, we shouldn't escalate this further.
that goes for everyone, this could turn out really ugly if people keep feeding it.

I want nobody to be kicked out over this.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: